recommend books based off of people's top 50 artists

Other urls found in this thread:

last.fm/user/metaldiscussor
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I know I will get all the /mu/tants replies but
why do people like so much the swans? they seems alright at best

>crywank
Nice.

I'll play, but I can only fit 15 in one screenshot, and I'm too lazy to stitch it in photoshop.

>The Smiths
>Joy Division
>Swans
>Placebo
Anything where effeminate, sickly protagonists smoke, fuck prostitutes and commit suicide.

So basically Japanese 20th century literature.

Especially Oe, Tanizaki and Dazai. Start with Dazai.

They just fucking rule man, elevate your consciousness.

You British?

I'm an american.

Do you vape?

I'd recommend you some books but I came to this board because I don't know many books and I am trying to get more into reading, thank you for those suggestions, I will look into reading no longer human today.

No, I don't do drugs. I just have one jar of whisky in my house that I take a sip of every once and a while.

Just realised that list goes back to 2006, so it's not really representative of my listening habits.

Here's the last 6 months.

You can almost ignore Max Richter, since I listen to him as background music while I write, and often fall asleep while it's still playing.

Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami

You listen to Hardcore History?

Yep. Last one I finished was his WW1 one. Pretty great for a pleb digest.

the picture of dorian gray, game of thrones

the picture of dorian gray

Here's the top twenty of my last 6 months.

The Picture of Dorian Gray
Pic of Dorian Gray
The Picture of Dorian Gray
Dorian Gray

>it's a /mu/ tries to show off its taste episode

Last.fm is for children who feel the need to show off what they think is great taste

Last.fm is a place where you can record your listening experience for years and look back and marvel at the entirety of the taste you've molded, and reflect on it and yourself. It's really quite an experience, but I wouldn't expect you to really understand and appreciate that, you've already shown that you lack interest for such a thing.

Works pretty well as a source of recommendations based on what i like f.am.

you're not scrobblin', bro? dude, you gotta start scrobblin'

>not having the memory to just do this mentally
you neanderthal

Considering your taste is entirely based on what /mu/ thinks is good, I recommend Infinite Jest

Can this be a board about literature again? Seriously nobody cares about your show-off screenshot of your fave bandz

/mu/'s taste in general is just a reflection of the music that's out there. when you listen to as much music as I have, and comb as many sources as I have, you realize that there is a finite number of original artists. I think that to ignore these classic artists because they are simply well known is incredibly foolish because they have a lot to offer. There's simply not a whole lot of bands that I find that I really like as much as these, I don't just turn on an album because I want more credibility with a forum, I turn on an album because I actually enjoy listening to it. You can't be serious with this post, you really can't. Have you even seen the /mu/ recommended chart? My taste has a few things from that chart, but that chart is also a much broader, more general view of music in general and I tend to get annoyed when I see people that listen to a lot of music from the /mu/ essentials. /mu/ has a lot of essential charts, but I also get a lot of recommendations from last.fm related artists, rateyourmusic lists, the /mu/ charts were a big gateway for me, as well as recommendations and simply being aware of music history and exploring new territories. You have no idea what you're talking about, you literally can't be this naive, you know nothing about music.And to judge the entirety of my taste in music out of 50 artists when it says that I have 2200 artists in my library, what the hell dude? Seriously, this is like a website where people can just rampantly spew bullshit, I'm sorry but I had to write this, I just had all of these thoughts sitting inside of my brain after you wrote that nauseating spew of a comment.

This has to be copypasta right? Sorry I don't regularly visit /mu/ on account of all the teenaged faggotry there so I wouldn't know

It's called having the ability to type, which apparently a moron like you wouldn't have, judging by your reaction to seeing a wall of text. It doesn't take me that long to write a bunch of paragraphs, dude.

you are literally a /mu/ faggot who thinks he's "unlike all the others"

kys my man

board went to shit and janitors dgaf about keeping it Veeky Forums related

How about you kill your self, cause you're the one who wants to go around telling people they're shit for no good reason. Do you really think that you have anything worth while to contribute to society, because right now you're showing a disregard for being a good member of society. Or is that what you really are, is just an edgy worthless bitch who thinks that he's better than others because he can tell people that they're shit? Who's really shit? Is it you?

FUCK OFF /MU/

>this fag

>fag
what is this, the 1950s? It's fucking 2016.

You can't bait me mate

I'm the one who originally posted that gif for epic trolls

>you can't be serious with this post, you really can't

ok buddy

>current year

I'm glad this thread stayed as shitty as i knew it would be

/moo/ has ass taste in everything and is all about surface level music

No other band has changed genres as much as the swans while still keeping consistently amazing. They have a ridiculous amount of variety in their music.

They really only have 3 phases

Industrial metal/no wave
Goth
Post-rock droney

They're extremely consistent and they change sound like it's nothing while still delivering

>goteshit

MY MAN

I need new shit Veeky Forums pls

tfw GY!BE is only #8 because each song is 20 minutes long

>no free jazz
>no James Brown

If you like Can and dont listen to these things you bring shame on your family

Dude go listen to Coachwhips

I never really got into free jazz, I listened to Howard Shore and it was good. However, this was in the context of a film soundtrack. Free jazz tends to come off as a fairly pretentious genre, most of the people that listen to it are redditor-tier fedoras that think they are enlightened

It's not and most of the people that way don't actually listen to much free shit

Listen to Nexus - Open Mouth Blues, Giuseppi Logan, and James Zitro - Zitro

Also Alex Schlippenbachan actually had some albums that Jaki from Can plays on, but i dont care much for. Alex Schlippy's trio recordings are better

worst argument ever

Wat

bump last.fm/user/metaldiscussor

Fuck off

>What is Ulver

How about you fuck me off? ;)

thanks mate they're great

Okay:

You're a frigging gaylord dude

You say that as if it's a bad thing, dude.

I could just imagine qt homophobic senpai denying he's gay in front of his overly masculine friends, bonding with his fellow males and saying "no homo" over and over to convince himself he's not gay, but then eventually giving in and obeying his dick and finally hooking up and fucking a cute guy. The thought alone is adorable to me.

Cool

Boredoms should be higher but it their songs are ~20 minutes in length

last.fm is dead