Imagine how much we could learn about the human mind if we were allowed to take a few newborns and use them for...

Imagine how much we could learn about the human mind if we were allowed to take a few newborns and use them for experiments. I am not even talking about torture. Just things like:

>take a newborn
>put him inside a white room
>don't contact him ever again
>raise him like that

>take a newborn
>constraint his body
>but give him all kind of stimulus through some kind of occulus rift or whatever
>raise him like that

We can't do it because apparently a dozen of human lives are too sacred. Yet you see all the time all kind of reckless behavior as a society that's clearly more harmful than these experiments and nobody cares.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_of_despair
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unnecessary_Fuss#Contents_of_the_film
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie_(feral_child)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What is supposed we are gonna learn from those experiments?

What the do you expect to learn through that garbage?

I'm pretty sure someone is already doing it in China or wherever.

Shut up and post more Yui pls.

I doubt it.
Similar shit has been done on animals and it completely ruined them.
No reason to repeat it on humans

>Similar shit has been done on animals and it completely ruined them.
go on

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pit_of_despair

That's different though. It was a dark small room. I wanted a big room that's all white and there's light.

My second experiment has nothing to do with that either.

That is an insanely fucked up read

Jesus Christ. I could never do something like that. What a sick dude.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unnecessary_Fuss#Contents_of_the_film

Jesus Christ again. I'm depressed now.

OPs retarded, but I do sometimes wonder what it would be like to grow up without language. Specifically how it would change thinking/imagination. I'd guess one would just think with more pictures

These are really disturbing

kys

Slippery slope of infringing on ethics.

This shit HAS been done on humans.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genie_(feral_child)

Those experiments have no practical benefits to attain and are inhumane because of their post-experimental implications. Feral children exist and they never adjusted to society. Unless you want to find out if 'durr how will humans be in white boxes' you're just an edgy teenager obsessed with retarded ideas.

This, and you're treading dangerously close to psychology. Careful OP, or Veeky Forums won't play with you.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unnecessary_Fuss#Contents_of_the_film
>smoking was allowed in the operating theater despite the presence of oxygen tanks
ok.
>For over a year PETA refused to release the original footage. When they eventually handed over the unedited material, the OPRR discovered that the footage of the brain damage being inflicted involved just one baboon out of the 150 who had received the Penn 2 injuries. The film gave the impression that the brain-damage scenes involved several animals.
well, peta.

> Imagine how much we could learn about the human mind if we tried experiments with an incredibly small sample size and no control group!

That's just regular psychology, user. Making poor methodology edgier won't help.

>Not torture.
>Is basically just torture.

It'd have to be someone willing to do things like that. I'd sign up for the latter. However, to breed someone for the purpose of that is kind of inhumane. Not emotionally inhumane, just logically inhumane, as it can destroy the human (and if the human is not destroyed, it will need to be).

That's American style solitary confinement. Only practiced in the US and Iran.
Suffice to say, it's already being done user. To criminals.

What if the room is very large? If they are not confined but still solitary? Does the size of the room matter, or can a larger room that they cannot leave also scare people?

if you believe in medical kidnapping, it already does happen.

It is. In Iran the room is like the size of a house, it's huge. And all there is is white cushioned walls and a really bright light. Even things like food and limitted social interaction are given.
By the time the people come out, they are either dead or mentally retarded.