Hello Veeky Forums, my younger brother has been saying that physics is hard and he will never get into engineering

Hello Veeky Forums, my younger brother has been saying that physics is hard and he will never get into engineering.
>He has an IQ of 130
>He has consistently gotten 95% throughout his private school education
>He is starting high school next semester
How do I convince him to go into physics and avoid the biology meme? Serious replies only plz

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9EPlyiW-xGI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Spark his motor by showing him this:
youtube.com/watch?v=9EPlyiW-xGI

Tell him to take a MBA

Biology is far better than physics anyway. Hell, even math is. The most boring topic in math (real analysis) is far more interesting than all of physics except for perhaps quantum mechanics but only because it's not abusive on notation.

Chem is probably fine. Biology is a fucking meme though.

>>He has an IQ of 130

IQ exams are given solely as a retard detection test. They're not meant to gauge how smart you are.

>>He is starting high school next semester
>saying that physics is hard and he will never get into engineering

And he's basing this on what, some garbage popsci shit that spends all its time hand waving about m-theory and euphoria rather than even explaining what a vector is? Get him the Manga Guide to Physics, Electricity, Relativity and show him that the majority physics is actually straightforward.

>How do I convince him to go into physics and avoid the biology meme

Tell him that doing AP Physics -> AP Chemistry -> AP Biology is the better sequence of learning the sciences since they build on each other that way.

The Manga guide to physics \o/

Math and physics are already figured out and overrun by autistic stamp-collecting fags who think memorizing definitions is worth a damn. Chemistry and biology are where real science and progress is being made, because they're actually difficult.

Your brother is a child and children are incapable of forethought. At his age I was failing algebra courses and sleeping through my science courses. Now I have a degree in physics.

Tell him to stop wasting his time and go play outside like children should do. There's no point in asking a 13 year old what his plans for university are.

kek.

Learning ap physics before chemistry won't help. To go from chem to biology might help a bit yeah.

>Biology involves less memorization than physics

Lol

Like learning latin names will get anyone somewhere

physics is more dependent on being a male

your high iq won't cross over into physics if you're feminine

It does though. I once opened a general abstract algebra text, never again.

Fuck him in the ass

Does he want to be a doctor? Smart kid

Physics really doesn't require much active memorization. I am a current grad student and if I think about it objectively, yeah I have tons of formulas memorized. The difference is that I very rarely attempt to memorize equations. For example I know all of Maxwell's equations because I understand what they mean and have used them and derived them multiple times not because I stared at them until they stuck. When you do physics, you also get pretty good of "sort of" memorizing formulas. For example, I can't just write down a formula for the doppler effect. I always just write down the terms and reason out the signs. Units are also helpful when half-memorizing.

He's not even in high school yet. Before high school I wanted to be a fucking pilot.

Just let him live his life for now. If he still wants to go for Biology later on, let him. His life, not yours.

What if your brother is right about himself?

They're both generally good enough with respect to supply / demand and usefulness of work that he should probably choose whichever one interests him enough.

This. Intelligence and reason need time to grow and mature, you should be more worried about helping his curiosity survive the intellectual wasteland of high school. He'll probably just smoke weed and fuck bitches once he hits puberty anyways.

AP Physics C requires calc I and II. I had to take AP bio and chem first.

Being an engineer is hard.

Maybe he should do art instead.

>IQ of 130
Sorry bud, physics is a 140+ degree

AP Calculus BC, AP Physics -> AP Chemistry -> AP Biology