"To a woman, everything is an adornment"

"To a woman, everything is an adornment"

I still think this is the most astute, succinct and unbiased explanation for the fundamental differences between male and female behavior. Nietzsche's views on women in general were one of the more interesting parts of his social commentary imo even though most scholars follow Kaufmann's mantra that they were just peripheral and the weakest parts of his work.

except their child

The child is all female wants of men which was Nietzsche's other observation, but the child is also an adornment. Just look at how society lavishes attention on pregnant women, notice how women constantly post baby pictures and quickly identify as 'mom' to claim the social prestige that comes with motherhood. Women get postpartum depression because the attention and special treatment that she got during her pregnancy go away.

My sister has been pregnant 3 times now and each time she moaned about the sickness and inconvenience of it all, yet she keeps getting pregnant. Her hubby was fine with just one child but she insists on more. She needs more adornments for her collection. The cradle is an over glorified jewelery box.

Do we really need a thread to reassert our feelings of superiority over women for the upteenth time?

Nice nines.

Yes we do, you R-word.

That's a pretty simplistic way to view it, and if you want to reduce everything to "they just want attention" you can say men are the same way. Human beings in general thrive on the approval of others and seek it often at the expense of their own comfort.

In regards to your sister complaining about pregnancy, has it ever crossed your mind that things can be both unpleasant and rewarding?

And men only achieve for the attention of women.

Or maybe things are a bit more complicated.

A very fine way of putting your opinion, but in all the women I know (somewhat oldfag) their child is the only thing that other women cannot criticize and use in their daily battles of fancy at the town beach or library. Other's input is not allowed, and the current generation's tendency towards "empathetic parenting" seems to indicate that the child's very base behavior itself is not to be subject to basic discipline.

This compared to the daily battle of surpassing others adornments, which I agree with.

Nietzsche didn't consider men superior to woman, he just believed that women were less concerned with what was true and more concerned with aesthetic.

Just like him.

Just add the word "Will-denial" and you'll sound exactly like Schopenhauer, you fucking nihilist.

Anyone that speaks of generation and life in such words deserves to be hanged.

>tfw just an adornment in my marriage
>tfw my wife doesnt want to play with her toy anymore

The reason I said no to a dog was because I was afraid he would end up in the same boat as me

How about you post more naked chicks reading nietzsche

>implying she's reading
seconded though on the naked chicks

>That small potbelly

It is erotic.

As if you don't also read Nietzsche in your underpants OP.

You don't get your dick sucked?

>tfw no qt 19 year old English/Philosophy major from a rich family to travel around Europe and Asia on first class train cars reading the same works and visiting the places we read about.

Literally crying

I am not saying that women are bad for pursuing adornment as they do through this path, I place no moral judgements on it. While I write she breeds. Neither is an inherently superior or inferior way to imprint one's self on history.

And that the child is a jewel is not exactly a demeaning metaphor, the child is the most beautiful and fragile piece of a woman's collection of adornments which is why she devotes most of her resources to its maintenance.

I wasn't talking about Nietzsche, I was talking about Veeky Forums recently deciding to be /r9k/ 2.0.

We didn't have these "philosopher x said this thing about women" threads twice a day until fairly recently.

I've had sex like 8 times in the last 3 years. All after huge fights that she was demonstrably wrong about. Never get married. Now I have to wait for my kids to be both in elementary before I am out so as not to look like a shitter to myself and my family. She neither loves me nor finds me attractive anymore, though she says she does when she has time to look up from her cellphone. inb4 be your own man, I lift and take part in tons of community and parenting activities without her, probably because she is busy bingewatching game of thrones

How old were you when you got married

this is the only other naked girl with nietzsche pic I have

like 26. I am quite aware of my errors I assure you. I have visions of a noose snapping taught every day

it's the same of men though

The "normie" men I know spend their time in pursuit of experience, whether it sport, or drink, or women. The wizard types do everything they can to hide their adornments from others and indulge in other experience, like NEET pursuits or eating themselves to death.

Aside from a few materialists I'd say demonstrably false, adornment implies you are collecting things to display.

Who's the qt?

Why they did this? No judgment though

it'll get better. Don't give up.

Absolutely.
Don't forget that even her bf is merely adornment. That's why my ex dumped me. Who'd dress in the same clothes for 2.5 years? Yeah, I'm boring.

That's most likely due to a bad choice of the woman as opposed to a general state of things.
Really depends on who you pick.
I'll look for a no sex before marriage type girl because then I'll have to sate her and she won't get bored of it soon.
Sucks to be you, but props for taking it up for the kids.

blah blah blah free spirit blah blah Dionysus blah blah I AM THE ANTICHRIST

I think it's a little silly to presume it's more true of women. Like, obviously you can come to a conclusion by "Well I see women displaying their shit all the time" and yeah, duh, they're displaying their shit. You don't see the women that aren't.

There are plenty of people of both genders that display things for the approval of their peers. And there are plenty of people who don't - those usually fly under the radar.

I think never changing your clothes indicates a personality flaw, or a mental disorder. Did she say she left you because you were boring, or are you just assuming.

>no sex before marriage type girl
go to r/deadbedrooms and see all the marriages where the bitch says she wants to wait because reasons, but then wont even consummate on the wedding night, or gets pregnant and tells her husband she never liked sex and does not want it anymore, but by the way he is RIGHT OUT if he cheats

I think he changed his clothes, just didn't buy new ones.

I still have and regularly wear clothes that I wore in middle school. I'm 26.

I'm sorry but a man who won't annul his marriage after a woman refuses to consummate is a grade A cuck and deserves everything that comes to him.

I mean maybe she gets food poisoning or something on the night of and has to put it off a few days, but if you get married and you're going without just lmao, you fucking deserve it.

I don't think communities based on dead marriages are a good example of things, especially considering they are mostly westerners where values which make marriage have a point are completely dead.

Ah, ok I may have misunderstood his post

That's actually a valid reason and you'll get annulled in the church and other divorce types are easy to get anyway.

I think 'adornment' is a shallow way of thinking about it. I'd argue for women everything is about self-construction rather than decoration - There is no coherent, unified female self upon which you can hang baubles and trinkets, but rather its this indeterminate, inconsistent, endlessly shifting entity which has to grapple onto things to maintain a sense of identity, even if that identity is a facade - its as real as they make it out to be. That's also why lesbians don't really exist (or at least not the same extent people think they do) - feminine sexuality is not a straightforward binary attraction between men and women, many women swing between the two poles, only settling out of love and companionship, rather than deciding on a specific sexual preference.

>i get my insight into human nature from a philosopher who lived in the 19th century
>neuroscience? what?

it's shit like this that will fuck you over in life famalam

ikr? based sam harris ended that stupid pseudoscience of philosophy.

Jesus CHRIST he's just asking to get pounded in his taut little twinkole.

FUCK that smirk makes me as raw as a LION.

>pop scientist

nah senpai, i mean actual insight into human behaviour

go read some reviews. it won't take long to become familiar with the terminology, and abstracts tend to say their shit in a fairly straightforward fashion

Maybe the metaphor wasn't the best. Although it's probably fitting form her perspective.

She never said what it was. Sometimes she made up different reasons. 2 weeks after we were separated I saw her and asked her what it was and she said "many little things". Then I called her 4 months later to inquire regarding our past relationship. We talked openly and rather calm about many things, but the reason why she left me never came up. She assured she didn't leave me for someone else or cheated on me. I said that I'm adamant in wanting to know what the reason was and she said "There are things that you will not know". I think she got bored of me. There is little other reason I can see. In the last ~4 months of the relationship she seemed to be interested only in sex and not in me. I cannot really tell you the whole dynamic of the relationship without shitting the thread up, but we both wanted to marry and then she started to be irrational and uppity and as a choleric I didn't have time for her antics. She'd never express her wants. All was fine "What do you think, gf? Is my beard a bit too bushy? Maybe I should shave." "Do what you want.". She said she loved to hear me talking about politics, history and lit. Then when the relationship was ending she said that i should know by now that she hates intellectuals. Now it would be pretentious to call myself an intellectual, but I think my interests and lifestyle is that of an intellectual rather than of some other archetype. she said it to trigger me. I think she lost respect because I was boring. there was little drama in our life. She probably wanted fights. She even said that her friend has different arguments with her bf... like who take the trash out. And our arguments are so weird. I said that arguments about who takes the trash out are completely avoidable by organization and mutual agreements. In my family it's like this: father cooks, kids clean the house and bring the trash out, mother does nothing because she works as a medical doctor. "Arguing with you isn't fun". I felt a bit like Humbert with his quarreling bored Lolita.

Just a month before she left me we traveled to the beach with some friends. The friends commented on how close we are. It was great fun. Nothing makes sense.

After we broke up I called her a few times. maybe 3 times (being aware of the no contact rule). She was drunk every time. She also left for college when she left me. I guess she wanted something new instead of settling down. I also know for a fact that her mother shilled against me. Surprising considering I'm a richfag. Don't mothers like a loyal guy for their daughters who could take care of her in hard times?

I'm rambling, I know. haven't processed it fully I guess. 10 months gone since then. Maybe she was aware how much I was into her and this broke the spell. They want the alpha who doesn't care.

She can sense you have no options other than her and that is unattractive, paradox of marriage.

/r/marriedredpill

Naw, I'd rather not read garbage infested with feminist rhetoric.

>I'd rather not read

who would have guessed

Is there a reason people post subreddits more often during the summer? There were a few threads yesterday where people just dropped a subreddits in there post, and it started up again today. Did Veeky Forums get linked on Reddit or something?

>>>
It doesn't. I got divorced & then things got much better. Married again now & couldn't be happier. Luckily no kids first time round though.

If you're in an happy marriage the eternal recurrence should scare the shit outta you.

>Did Veeky Forums get linked on Reddit or something

Yes, but r/deadbedrooms seems like a place that doesnt necessarily attract your typical reddit audience. It seems more like the last refuge of someone desperately trying to save their marriage through google.

Probably summerfags. Either way, that is one of the few subreddits I would recommend.

I'm pretty sure men adorn themselves almost as much if not just as much as women though.

Nietzsche said the only two things that prevented him from fully embracing the eternal recurrence were his mother and sister.

they tried to have that statement edited out of Ecce Homo before publication but fortunately Gast had an original manuscript.

>It doesn't get better
>It does get better

Can you rephrase your post; I don't understand you.

A bad marriage does not get better. Its pretty fucking clear

>asking her for direction about your appearance
>always being the one to compromise on domestic duties
>not treater her mother like a woman just like any other

You are essentially dating or trying to impress her mother (and all her friends) as well, if you aren't a "functioning" adornment then there are others who haven't achieved their fortune yet who will jump this high.

>I'd rather not read garbage infested with feminist rhetoric.

confirmed for scientifically illiterate

I wasn't saying that though. I was replying to him talking about suicide. Calm your whale titties.

i-is that ox-oxford?

Man up, you pussy

>always being the one to compromise on domestic duties
You misunderstand. Domestic duties were organized.

>not treater her mother like a woman just like any other
I don't know where you got that from. I met her a few times.

>asking her for direction about your appearance
Yes. I wanted her opinion, because I wanted to appeal to her, while I care very little about which style to follow. Might as well adapt to her desire. Alas, she didn't give direction.

Yes, I'm not a functioning adornment, otherwise she wouldn't have left me. But I am rather curious regarding what the real reason might be. I can only make assumptions on what I think is the dynamic between the sexes. I concluded that I wasn't alpha enough and too boring, simply because there is little a girl would want beyond that. I'm sure she won't find happiness in a long time, though. I believe that even if she finds the perfect top percentage man it'll still fail if she doesn't communicate properly. I wish people were more authentic to each others, especially in relationships.

Wishing for honesty in others is a weakness, very exploitable because it shows you want to relax your analysis chip and stop being able to determine everything significant without words. Don't worry about improving her either, they just use it against you. She cannot fail in a society centred around women's concerns. Her complaints were superficial, well it's more that if you treat them as such it makes them happy.

>to a woman, everything is an adornment
>thread
>men are better
>women are materialistic evil bitches
Yeah because we are so different...
Men in general go for attractive women for sex and adornment
Rich old farts usually get some damn nice young broad with huge tits and nice ass. How is that not the same thing?
Also our thing for guns and cars?
To show off something great and be seen, I think all humans at some point want that.
>pic is Dan Bilzerian, need I say more?

>I got divorced

>Posts a pic of a nu-male as an example of what men do.

Read the whole reply chain please.
he misunderstood what I was talking about.

I would mind his life though

>Invoking the nu-male Boogeyman

You are perhaps right.

I wouldn't mind living his life though*
I need to sleep soon

>Invoking the Boogeyman Boogeyman
t. Boogeyman

Don't believe the signal pushers, son. All they have is that others might recognise them, they can be killed and replaced with ease.

Intrigued by this response, I have a feeling you are onto something. Lesbians do exist though, my sister is straight bout getting bitches. Her attraction seems very similar to that of a straight man, but she aint butch about it, doesn't express it with masculinity in any sense. I'm aware this is only anecdotal though.

I just finished the Antichrist last night ironically enough, and that quote doesn't mean what you'd think. He's talking about the creation story and reading it as God having fucked up. "Woman was Gods second mistake" because she gains knowledge from the apple, and with knowledge becomes a rival to God. She gains the ability to question God and engage in critical thinking.

>Not getting your insight from a neuroscientist AND philosopher

Nu male has got to the point where it is used to describe anyone who doesn't subscribe to the philosophy of the writer.

I'm well aware that there are women who self-identify as lesbians, and that there are certainly women who have never felt a sexual attraction to a man in their life. The main reason I said they don't exist is more to do with what the idea of a 'lesbian' actually entails.

Take men for example - their identity is prescribed for them through patriarchal supremacy (a kind of 'divine right' to be men, do men things, rule, conquer etc. etc.). Whereas women self-identify through their relative distance from archetypal conventions.

So in early modern society, a woman was defined by a religious context - IE. the noble virgin or the damned whore - yet today it is evident that such a binary is oppressive and tyrannical in not only dictating who women can be, but what they can and cannot do. Men, being the ones who can chose to leave their virginity intact or take it, are the ones who think they ultimately govern that identity.

The same goes for sexuality. It's why there is this obscene and shockingly pervasive myth across so many cultures that you can fuck a lesbian until she converts into a straight woman. It is no doubt true that women's sexuality can fluctuate - However, my point is that the static binary of straight/lesbian incentivises men to be conquerers, to see a lesbian and think 'Ah! a challenge has arisen!', when really there's no reason at all for you to think you can have any real effect on the sexuality of a woman simply through a good dicking. it violently oversimplifies what is a far more complex and sensitive identity.

Agree

>Not having turned a lesbian straight with the power of your dick.

You have to enjoy the little experiences in life, user.

>I still think

Ahh, I love waking up to a good mansplaining of how women work by reclusive and sheltered males who have barely touched females, let alone actually having deep discussions with any.

gr8 job guys, keep it up

everyone wants bilzerian money, nobody wants to actually be bilzerian

yo I want to fuck that girl

wow, a genuinely insightful reading of nietzsche's writings on women that isn't just misogyny. good job user.

I had a friend who fucked a girl at a party and midway through she was like 'stop, I'm a lesbian'

she then proceeded to tell her friends that she had been raped

luckily my boy had the texts on his phone to prove otherwise

it's definitely an exemplary case and I'm not trying to devalue the importance of reporting rape, but it just goes to show how retardedly inconsistent female sexuality is

To apply this generalization to women's dress, and put the matter in concrete terms: the high heel, the skirt, the impracticable bonnet, the corset, and the general disregard of the wearer's comfort which is an obvious feature of all civilized women's apparel, are so many items of evidence to the effect that in the modern civilized scheme of life the woman is still, in theory, the economic dependent of the man—that, perhaps in a highly idealized sense, she still is the man's chattel. The homely reason for all this conspicuous leisure and attire on the part of women lies in the fact that they are servants to whom, in the differentiation of economic functions, has been delegated the office of putting in evidence their master's ability to pay. There is a marked similarity in these respects between the apparel of women and that of domestic servants, especially liveried servants. In both there is a very elaborate show of unnecessary expensiveness, and in both cases there is also a notable disregard of the physical comfort of the wearer. But the attire of the lady goes farther in its elaborate insistence on the idleness, if not on the physical infirmity of the wearer, than does that of the domestic. And this is as it should be; for in theory, according to the ideal scheme of the pecuniary culture, the lady of the house is the chief menial of the household.

Sure is summer in here

My university held a massive conference a couple weeks ago literally called 'dissecting masculinity'

Men are perfectly at liberty to pick at female brains if women are inclined to do the same. It starts a dialogue. stop being shallow and participate, maybe you'll learn something, maybe some of these anons will learn something too

this just sounds like you married the wrong person, which is partially/mostly yr fault

Duh, everything is the man's fault in any encounter between different genders, because men are the only ones with agency.

>Woman's a shitty wife? Man's fault for marrying her!
>Women don't go into STEM? Men's fault for not encouraging them enough!
>Women gets raped by hobo because she went wandering at 2:30AM in Detroit? Men's fault for not putting seven hundred policemen on every street corner!

this thread sucks, just because nietzsche was a great philosopher doesn't mean he wasn't a misogynist.

so like, is there an unedited version of the op's picture or?

>Tfw people actually think this way.

I can't tell if you're memeing or not but if you're not I just don't believe that as many people think this way as you seem to think

yr an idiot

The only one Ive ever heard is the second one, and only from people with purple hair and movie actors, so I think you might be memeing dankly.

>Women get postpartum depression because the attention and special treatment that she got during her pregnancy go away.
whew lad. stick to the humanities because you know shit about science lol

I'm not into resentment; and I despise those who think that all things powerful are, deep down, sad; but these are prostitutes and this man most likely doesn't have a single friend, --- it's not the lifestyle itself that saddens me, nor the fact that he is rich or famous without any redeeming quality whatsoever, but there's something deeply uncanny about this man. I'd agree that such a life can exist without something /negative/ having to fuel it, or to live under it, but in his case, I get a depressing and odd feeling from looking at his pictures.