Why did they always change sides?

Why did they always change sides?

Why did you waste a get?

holy digits

Holy digits demand for an answer from BB.

They didn't. They were always at war with Eurasia.

You mean in the wars? The wars were just orchestrated to subjugate the people

I have never before seen that in my life. How did you do it senpai.

kek

but this

crazy, I actually just read this yesterday. great novel. only part that was a bit arduous was the except from *the book*
that got a little boring.

also, I think that bitch was right, they were never even at war, ever.

in the film isn't there a scene where the bitch chucks a sledge hammer at the screen during hate week?

I thought that's how this was going to end and I couldn't fucking believe it when it ended so abruptly in the bar. the version I have has an appendix and afterward which I was unaware of so when it finished with another thirty pages in it it kind of fucked with me.

great novel though. really enjoyed the writing.

I really liked the book excerpt because it seemed to make a lot of sense but then turned out to be another layer of deceit, I thought it added to his delusion that he had found the resistance. It is a great book, with a sharply depressing ending, it would have been happier really if the main characters had died. i am looking forward to watching the film, hopefully it will be better than the fahrenheit 451 adaptation

The sledgehammer scene you're thinking of is from that 1984-themed commercial Spielberg filmed for Apple in the '80s. Posted from I-Anklet on Clover

The book had nothing that Winston hadn't already known or thought about, even though the tome was supposed to be revolutionary. Is the content of the fake book evidence of the state spying on Winston's thoughts or am I bullshitting?

I won't make a new topic for this but doesn't this book bootyblast the shitload of boring as fuck literary fiction all the pseuds keep telling us to read?

What other book has so many cultural references? Nobody cares about Ulysses, not even academics

it's a sign he couldn't produce revolutionary thoughts BB hadn't already thought up for him. they're not stealing his thoughts, he's stealing their thoughts and the thoughts of every "revolutionary" before him; BB is thoroughly prepared for the revolutionary who hates BB, because BB made up that archetype.

it's like with conspiracy nuts, who generally find a group of people with the same conspiracy. it's not because the conspiracy exists they all have the same conspiracy; it's because conspiracy theorists have normies too. the person who thinks jet fuel can't melt steel beams and it must be thermite is way easier to deal with than the nut who insists the twin towers are just under an invisibility cloak and the planes activated the forcefield. winston's the steel beams kind of nut.

>Nobody cares about Ulysses, not even academics

>Why did the always change sides?
When reading 1984, you have to remember that it is an extremely crude parody of real world concepts and events. If you keep this in mind, the whole novel makes a lot more sense. The sudden changing of sides, like the removal of people from history (pic related) and the corruption of language (terms like Unperson and Doublethink can find their roots in Soviet terms such as Politburo) is a real world trope blown out of proportion.
In the context of the OP, an example can be found with the Soviet Union: first they and the Nazis were allied, then they were suddenly friends with the Allies and enemies with the Nazis. America came very close to declaring war on the Soviet Union during the end of WWII; to this day, many people believe that Overlord only happened to stop the Soviets from taking over Europe completely. Friends today are enemies tomorrow; what he was trying to say by pointing this out I'm not too sure, but that is why they always "changed sides": because governments do it in the real world too.

George Orwell's genius in 1984 was to make it's parodied concepts obvious, blown out of all proportion with the reality they were based on. The result is a novel even a child could understand.

People keep using this picture to say "oh, Stalin was so evil! Rewritting history!"

What's the source? Literally could have been made 10yrs ago and spread to troll left wing.

Good point. Your rebuttal sir?

Filthy dumb Marxist-Leninist scum.

>When reading 1984, you have to remember that it is an extremely crude parody of real world concepts and events.
No its not lol, it's a prediction of what will be happening in the future if today's society's tendencies are left unchanged. Two different things.

Of course it's a shitty prediction compared to BNW

Almost fell for it.

3/8 bait, made me reply.