Eating an animal with cancer

Say someone were to eat a goat that had cancer.

Is there any evidence this would be bad for the person eating the goat?

Other urls found in this thread:

cancer.org/cancer/cancerbasics/is-cancer-contagious
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_facial_tumour_disease
abc.net.au/science/articles/2012/10/23/3616950.htm
livescience.com/52695-tapeworm-cancer.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yeah, putting cancer cells into your body. What could go wrong.

Literally nothing. Cancer is not like bacterias or viruses

They're not YOUR cancer cells, though. And they'd be dead and cooked.

When did Veeky Forums get this dumb? You are eating cancer cells, of course it's fucking bad.

Proof of that ?

Where is the evidence that it's bad?

Why are cooked, dead cancer cells bad for you?

Are you fucking kidding me? Your body absorbs the cancer, of course it's bad

Proof of what, ingesting the cancer cells being bad ? If you know cancer is bad for your body, why do you feel the need to ask such a retarded question ?

War of the Monsters could always happen.

>Proof of what, ingesting the cancer cells being bad ?

Yes--proof that ingesting the cooked, dead cancer cells of a goat would be worse for you than eating the flesh of a goat that did not have cancer.

>If you know cancer is bad for your body, why do you feel the need to ask such a retarded question ?

Eating cooked, dead cancer cells is not the same thing as having cancer.

It's pretty clear to me that you have no evidence that it's bad for you.

I don't have any evidence for either outcomes, I don't work to answer your retarded questions.
What's your point ?

cancer.org/cancer/cancerbasics/is-cancer-contagious

you're retarded

0/10
try harder cancerkid

Its probably ok if its cooked, but I would still avoid it like cancer.

You arent supposed to eat animals that died on their own or are dying of some illness. The meat just wont be as good because the animal wasnt healthy.

>unhealthy animals are bad because they are unhealthy

yes. repeating it in greentext doesn't magically change anything

This post

If the cancer is caused by a virus (or virus like thing) that affects humans then yes, otherwise probably not.

Tasmanian Devils are afflicted with a cancer that is communicable (DFTD). It is on their faces and when they come together to eat they bite at each other and trade cancer cells. Which infects more and more Tasmanian devils and is killing them off.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Devil_facial_tumour_disease

So, yeah, eating uncooked-live cancer cells can give you cancer too.

>Transmissible cancer, caused by a clone of malignant cells rather than a virus, is extremely rare, with only two other known transmissible cancers—canine transmissible venereal tumour (CTVT), which is sexually transmitted among dogs, and contagious reticulum cell sarcoma of the Syrian hamster,[77] which can be transmitted via mosquito bites of Aedes aegypti.[78] CTVT mutes the expression of the immune response, whereas the Syrian hamster disease spreads due to lack of genetic diversity.[79]

>spreading cancer via mosquito bites

Damn you nature, you a scary ass nigga.

Parasitic cancers are rare though, and there's nothing out there suggesting that eating the meat of a goat that had ass-cancer will give you ass-cancer too.

Nigga humans aren't vultures, we can't just eat sick animals and dead carcasses and just be "fine" afterwards. We literally lack the stomach to do so.

what's that animal on the image

Cereal leaf beetle according to reverse image search.

many types of bettle have a kind of outer membrane that they store their fecal matter under. usually you can't see the individual turds but in that case you can.

That's because you don't know how tasty it is.
That is largely because of bacteria, probably not cancer.

I would assume that in most cases it would be safe to eat meat with some sort of cancer.

Why do I assume this? Because the cancer cells would have to pass into your blood stream completely or almost completely intact. They would also need to be able to evade the immune system, and that's really fucking hard, especially when taking into account that the cancer cells originate in another species and are thus easily recognizable as foreign.

That being said, if you have a ventricle disease that severely hampers the excretion of stomach acid and digestive enzymes coupled with enteric malabsorption and a compromised immune system, I wouldn't claim that it'd be completely impossible to contract cancer from eating cancerous foods, though it would still be highly unlikely.

If you remove the species part, i.e. you eat cancerous human meat, it'd be more likely for you to contract cancer, though the ingested cells would still need to make it over to your blood stream intact, which is unlikely.

You can contract cancer from other people, though this is exceedingly rare. I tried googling for the specific case of this that I remembered, but I couldn't find it in a quick google search. I found an article mentioning it though:

abc.net.au/science/articles/2012/10/23/3616950.htm
>Then there are the very rare, very unusual cases of person-to-person transmission, such as the surgeon who contracted cancer from a patient after accidentally cutting himself during surgery, and transmission of colon cancer through a needlestick injury.

>In the case of the surgeon, it turned out that the cancer itself had performed a genetic miracle and incorporated some of the surgeon's genes into itself. Dr Ng suggests that the explanation for these rare cases could also be related to immunologically similarities between the donor and recipient, or that the cancer cells somehow were able to evade immune detection.

Other species have more transmissible types of cancer, but humans don't.

It must be bait

Keked hard here

enjoy cancer

It just means that it is possible. You can eat all the goat ass you want, but don't say we didn't warn you.

Beetle larva with fecal shield protecting it from that parasitic grub.

HIV came from some fucking remote place in the middle of the jungle from 1 small group of primates. Yet, now it is all over the world. This may be a logical fallacy from one standpoint, but the point I'm making is that shit happens and I'd rather not be patient zero.

Jesus Christ

this a great thread

Why would they eat a raw goat?

>when you eat a chicken wing and its got a bone thats way too thick on one end but you can tell its not a healed broken bone

These JAVs are getting out of hand

Steak tartare can be made from a variety of ungulates. Usually cows and horses, but also goats and sheep.

I guy with aids got cancer from a tapeworm that laid eggs that turned cancerous.

The eggs implanted in his colon and spread. Your immune system saves your life every day.

If I had a laughing Chris Evans, I'd post it

OK my nigga

Maybe it's bad for you because, since the tissue was cancerous, it might have nutrient imbalances compared to the rest of the animal...?

>each other
Failing to spot the difference

Literally nothing wrong with eating goats with cancer , they'd probably feel outcasted if you didn't eat them.

I dont see why, cancer tissue isnt really different to normal tissue except that it wont stop reproducing. Its just meat though

>Why are cooked, dead cancer cells bad for you?

>cooked

Are they, though?

If you're eating a rare red steak, the internal portions of it did not reach sterilizing temperatures.

You can get away with that because the decomposing bacteria land on the surface of the meat and do not penetrate into the internals* but if disease is already present in the animal...

This is the reason you don't serve fowl (campylobacter), pork (trichinosis) or game meat (various parasites) anything less than well done.

Is cancer different?

*Unless you use minced meat. Cook all minced meat.

just out of weird curiosity, whats the nutritional content like?

>A Colombian man's lung tumors turned out to have an extremely unusual cause: The rapidly growing masses weren't actually made of human cells, but were from a tapeworm living inside him.

livescience.com/52695-tapeworm-cancer.html

Veeky Forums also thinks smoking is bad for you. One of the age old myths of health ideologism.

What did you expect?

0/10

Are you people stupid? If you eat a cancer cell from another animal how could you possibly contract it. Human cells are different, the cancer wouldn't be able to multiply inside you. Hell every human has different DNA and genetic makeup. If you ate a humans cancer cells you wouldn't contract it

Please stop

Yes but you are ABSORBING the cancer!

i wonder what fried tumour tastes like

You break it down into component molecules first, at which point its no different from any other cell

Kinda like fat I would imagine

Yeah, be careful not to get damaged goat DNA in your cells, retard

>chefs in Australia crying about being forced to cook burger patties all the way through

I was mad, but they do taste good when medium. I guess I don't mind if I watch them grind the beef on the spot myself.

oddly arousing

And another vore fetishist is born