Schopenhauer has quite a crude mind... where real depth starts, his comes to an end

>Schopenhauer has quite a crude mind... where real depth starts, his comes to an end.

Homo unius libri

Wiggy is a lightweight intellect compared to Schopenhauer. All that pseudo-mathematical claptrap and logomancy doesn't amount to much next to Schopenhauer's doctoral dissertation, to say nothing of his other works.

Wait, didn't Wittgenstein reread Schopenhauer's Fourfold Root of Sufficient Reason several times? I thought that Wittgenstein liked Schopenhauer?

Yes and then he met Bertrand Russell and went full retard

>pseudo-mathematical claptrap

Funny that he was able to fool the greatest mathematical minds of the early and middle 20th century into taking his claptrap seriously and yet you've managed to see through the facade. Could you point to any specific instances of Wittgenstein's specifically mathematical sophistry?

>He was the most perfect example I have ever known of genius as traditionally conceived; passionate, profound, intense, and dominating
YOU JUST KNOW

His criticism of Gödel's first incompleteness theorem was pretty specious.

>There is a truth in Schopenhauer’s view that philosophy is an organism, and that a book on philosophy, with a beginning and end, is a sort of contradiction. ... In philosophy matters are not simple enough for us to say ‘Let’s get a rough idea’, for we do not know the country except by knowing the connections between the roads.
>Ludwig Wittgenstein

Sounds like he was just buttmad

Indeed. There are no ends (as Wittgenstein set out to do). Only memes.

>Schopenhauer
>Decent philosopher

Okay. What do you mean by that? What was specious about it?

this is not a complement lol

shows what you know of human sexuality

Why, yes, good chap, well observed.

It is unfortunately the case that those whom adopt interest and excitement on a given subject are unable to detach their subjectivity from such subject-matter, and therefore are unable to assess and conduct themselves in a manner that builds upon such subject-matter's knowledge, as is shewn to be the case with many psuedointellectuals (in this case, Wittgenstein). *indifferently puffs from pipe*

>on Wittgenstein
>"Talent is like the marksman who hits a target which others cannot reach; genius is like the marksman who hits a target others cannot even see.

>Arthur Schopenhauer

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

Yeah tell us.

>liking Schopenhauer

>reading existential comics

I only look at the pictures, I swear.

>tfw Freud unconsciously ripped off Schopenhauer

>unconsciously

I like Wittgenstein.

However he was, in a very real way, Kant reimagined for the 20th century - from the obsessive habits and strange mannerisms, right down to the elaborate and drawn-out attempt to rescue 'God'.

>elaborate and drawn-out attempt to rescue 'God'
how did he try to do that?