Any books that explain how buddhism and stoicism are similar/related?

Any books that explain how buddhism and stoicism are similar/related?

yes

Why Buddhism and Stoicism are Both Bullshit For Pseuds Who Want To Look Deep Without Intellectually Engaging with Anything

means Confucius and I quite agree.

>continentalists

just go buy chicken soup for the soul you faggot

also hot gif, got anymore?

The Shape of Ancient Thought is pretty good. It explores similarities in ancient western and eastern thought including but not limited to buddhism and stoicism. The claim of the author that there was an exchange of ideas between the two civilizations might be hard to swallow but doesn't detract from the book.

>The claim of the author that there was an exchange of ideas between the two civilizations might be hard to swallow

it's not, we know there was trade between china and rome (convolutedly) there's no reason there couldn't have been an idea exchange.

Alright, I'll bite: how do you intellectually engage yourself with something?

This is bad bait

read people who are actually engaging in an inquiry and not jacking themselves off about how wise they are

>
gee officer kripke

Such as? Who's the person that I should absolutely read?

what are you interested in

weak reaction image game

I can play that game better than anyone senpai

-Entelechy, perfection of mind and body, constant improvement, kaizen
-Finding peace of mind (hence my interest in buddhism and stoicism)

nevermind

Wow, your authors must be highly engaged... what did you have as ammunition? le spook guy? le big mustache guy?

Go with your intellectual masturbation somewhere else, fucboi.

He's purposely you shitposting answers. Just ignore desu senpai

>what did you have as ammunition

depends on what you were interested in, but since you just want self-help books i can't really help you.

>Go with your intellectual masturbation somewhere else, fucboi.

no i'm fine here

The endpoint of both is a state of anhedonia and alexithymia because they are afraid of suffering.

>afraid of suffering

Mere semantics. The endpoint of both is a state of anhedonia and alexithymia. Why? Because they don't want suffering, they want to eliminate suffering inasmuch as that is possible. But what if that's just weakness and fear?

>Mere semantics

As are your points.

Everything is semantics. Anyway, what's wrong with my posts? There's nothing in them to say I'm against Buddhism and Stoicism, I'm just saying they're based on weakness and fear.

OK, thanks for the picture of Wittgenstein? What does it have to do with anything, by the way?

the book is about greece and india fyi