Post quotes you hate hearing when tell people what your degree

>"Ugh, you're a physicist? How does that even apply in real life."
>"Physics (or any hard science) is so boring and stupid"
Note that those two quotes are mostly said by annoying tumblr kids.

> Economics? Oh man you'll be rich.

>You're trying to get a dual degree? Which one is just for fun?

Why are you stating your degree to annoying tumbler kids. Tbh you sound annoying. Glad I never went to college it's where all the dum kids go nowadays

OP here. We're on Veeky Forums, everyone's annoying and entitled.

OP is a faggot

>it's just a piece of paper, I have streets smarts

>You're studying math? Man, some people are just good at that
I nearly failed math in HS. The only reason I'm so good at it now is because I loved it enough to work hard at it. Nothing comes easy.

>Good luck with finding a job, my bachelor's in psychology is WAY more applicable than a math degree
Ever heard of graduate work you dense shit?

>What's the difference between CE and CS?

>"Chemistry? So do you know how to make meth?"

>"Gender studies, are you going to write a blog to deal with your unemployment?"
>MFW I work HR so I'm effectively their boss

One guy actually went on full misogynist/fatphobic rant because he didn't realize how much power I have. Still holds the record for our shortest hire, loll.

>human resources
>boss
what kind of shitty company are we talking about?

>electrical engineering
>are you a lesbian

It's a Fortune 500. I'm not their actual boss but have so much influence that I can get them transferred or fired within a day at my discretion.

>abusing an hr position to persecute personal vendettas
>this isn't structural oppression because I'm doing it "for good" this time

Don't be so salty, the last thing the CEO needs is some neckbeard saying something /pol/ would be proud of in public. I just cut out the middleman.

mech enginner
>change my tires

Just a fucking imbecile with a shit degree could get fired by such an useless member of a company like you.

CS
>install adobe reader

Respect for the mech-gineering. The underlying principles show up pretty much everywhere. Physics has always seemed to me to be one of, if not the, most applicable sciences.

Software Engineering
>Do you make video games?

electrical engineer
>DUDE BUILD ME X THING I'LL PAY FOR THE PARTS

Or
>Then can you fix my phone?

>I am a biologist
>DUDE DO YOU GO TO SAFARIS?

>admitting structural oppression is ok
>proving anons point

hypocrite

>psychology degree
LmAo
pretty good bait, 7/10

Mechanical engineering
>Can you fix my [insert basically fucking anything]?
Alternatively
>What a waste of time, nothing is mechanical anymore

>>What a waste of time, nothing is mechanical anymore
I was told basically this by my mechanical design professor, with his ME PhD from MIT

Food science degree?
How long until my fries come up?

Spotted the Hilary voters

Daily reminder that if you don't then you suck at chemistry.

This just sounds like a normal question. Do you know how to make meth? In other words, did you pay fucking attention in class?

ez organic reaction, the only hard part about making meth is not getting caught when selling

>chemical engineer
>" oh, so you're a chemist."

You are.

holy fuck I hate this so much, I'm an inorganic and materials chemist, why would i waste my time learning some low-tier organic shit like how to make meth.

shut the fuck up with your just-finished-ochem-2 bullshit
there is a huge difference between knowing the transformations on paper and actually having the lab skills to perform those reactions.

>there is a huge difference between knowing the transformations on paper and actually having the lab skills to perform those reactions.

So you don't?

Well, looks like you wasted 4 years of your life pal. Not because you should be making meth out there for a living, but because you should simply be able to.

>chemical and process engineering?
>wtf is even that?

>So you don't?
Oh no, I do have those skills
its the fact that the majority of people who say they "can" do it, actually only know the reactions on paper but would fuck their shit up if they actually tried to make it.

lol no, I'm sure 3 years of chemistry gave me the minimum lab experience for running the reaction safely

that's good, im sure making meth will be easier for money than finding a job as a chemist

Thank you for the answer to the ages-old question, namely whether female engineers suck cock or eat pussy.

Kill yourselves

So how hard is it really to find a job in chemistry? Can you give me a vague overview of your experience starting from college?

>they're not gonna hire me without that damn piece of paper
That's street smarts.

Biomedical engineering
>You like make rats with ears n shit?

This.
Food science / Food engineering always gets that shit, that or "You're just bakers"

Well... Are you?

Isnt Engineering the most respectable/well payed degree in the world? How come a lot don't know what engineers actually do?
Most people around me who don't know how Engineering works identify it like this
Chemical = chemistry with more money
Electrical = math with more money
Mechanical = physics with more money
Software = CS with more money

>Biology? Oh man I've got this pain in my back, know what that is?
I'm not even doing mammalian biology, nevermind human medicine.

Environmental science?
So you are one of those greenpeace ecoterrorists?

Engineers don't even make that high of a salary. Why does everyone equate the profession with money?

fuck, why the hell people are so ignorant?

>mech engineer
So, what do you do?
fuuck.
For a BS degree, you probably make more than a lot of other majors aside someone graduating with a CS in software engineering and is good. With a master's or PhD in most eng, you're making a lot more.

>physics? b-but you're a woman

Nobody says this. What the actual fuck.

I don't say it, but I usually appraise them and guess what year they'll drop out.

No, I mean that literally no one says that. Try to repeat that sentence in your head. Do you realize how awkward it sounds?

Why is user making up shit on the internet?

>mfw you probably don't know how to handle hygroscopic compounds
>mfw you probably can't handle pyrophoric ones either
>mfw you've probably never even prepared anhydrous solvents
>mfw you probably can't into flash chromatography
>mfw you probably can't into schlenk

Guys but I got an 85 on organic II

Stop chemistry shaming him. That's ofenssive.

>pure math
>"what's 2394757293456+2347562834956283746" ?
>mfw

Not really, also you can get an engineering job with a science degree, or at least you can in Norway.

My science teachers in high-school said it all the time, only acceptable females were lesbians they said. One of them held a natural science degree from Cambridge and the other was a retired professor who was the head of science for 20 years at some university.

>but you are a woman lol and everyone knows women can't into doing the thinkin xD

Yeah, no. Either you time traveled from the 1600s or you've been fed so much of the feminist agenda that you've become schizophrenic.

Let me tell you a little secret and please share it with your tumblr followers. Here at Veeky Forums when we act sexist and racist it is an ironic joke. No one really hates women.

Hey, humor me, what are these lab skills that you need?

t. Physicist

The head of the statistical physics department in my college is a woman and she is supremely well respected.

No, they legitimately claimed that there were no female physicists who weren't also lesbians. It is worth noting that they were both 65+.

Given that your comments have not devolved into random sjw bs I suppose I am inclined to believe you.

Well, that's just shitty people then. My main concern was that I thought you were claiming that your peers or random people at your university were telling you that and I just thought that was ridiculous.

Some 70 year old dinosaurs trapped as miserable highschool teachers being assholes... now that makes a bit more sense. If I was a highschool teacher I would have probably been the one doing the mass shootings instead of the students.

good job you made the butthurt engineers mad, 8/10 on the bait

All they really do is fellate their fellow engineers

They say that blowjobs are the universal currency.

I guess that explains their salary.

>Old friend
>Failed last year of high school
>Told him to not give up, that nearly all jobs nowadays require at least a high school degree, even for a garbage collector
>Tell him to even continue on for college and join me even if a year late
>Drops out of high school
>Tells me he'll become richer than me because he has a plan and is already investing in real estate and stocks with 1000$
>Tells me he's going to manage because he has street smarts and knows way more about real life than most people he knows

Poor guy, kept going on on how the majority of rich people didn't go to college and how it's a scam and waste of time. I didn't know how to respond. A part of me felt like he was right.

they are right

Studies computer science
>can you fix this obscure electronic device that isn't working
>My computer is doing 'xyz' can you tell me why

If he's investing money instead of blowing it away then he is probably smarter than average.

Give $1000 to the average college student and most of it will be gone after a weekend of partying and just fucking around in general.

I don't see the harm of aiming for an economic/finance degree in college anyway. He could also do internships during college which would open up a bright future.

But he's just obsessed with the whole "Warren Buffet started with a few dollars and now he has 63 billion $" mentality. He's either made the best decision in his life or the worst.

The most important thing you need to get anywhere in life is communication and networking skills. Unless you are an absolute retard, everything else can be learned on the job.

>He's either made the best decision in his life or the worst.

This is true because if he is going to make his living out of random investments then it is all about being lucky. That is why usually when you are middle class you are supposed to have stocks, bonds and a sort of stable job that you can fall back on when you get fucked in the ass by the dice of the market, and when you are rich you are supposed to actually get direct involvements with companies so that you always have a direct and stable input of cash for the same reason as before.

You will probably see him in the streets soon, unless he is a fucking lucky bastard.

Civil Engineering
>What's that?

T-thanks ;_;

you learned shit in undergrad. i also majored in chemistry and went on for a PhD. the labs are just not sufficient to teach you.

in his defense he does not need any of those skills to make meth. That's more organometallics and inorganic chem

Nice meme, at least everything but preparing anhydrous solvents is more oriented towards inorganic shit.

Reminds me of how when you tell people you study Physics or Math or whatever and their response is:
>Oh! I hate [subject]!
Like what. When I ask what your major is and you tell me you study Politics or English or some shit that I'm not necessarily interested in I don't go:
>Oh! I hate [what you enjoy studying!]

It's honestly not that big of a deal, but I do find it strange...

>electrical engineering?
>oh my stove is broken, could you have a look at it?

>Environmental Science? But global warming isn't real, seems like a stupid thing to study.

Die in a fire you cunts.

What is?

I'm actually happy for you

Why so butthurt? Did you get fired by a tumblerette or something?

Ebin meme bro

>what have you been working on
>homology
>did you research faggots?

Thats sad

>feminist agenda
Brainlets should stay in pol

Haha no way this is real

> I have my BS in nursing
> people who have chest pain at 4AM wanting to know what to do for it
> Me CALL 911
I am a nurse and I do not mind helping people, but my god there is nothing I can do for you if I am 20 minuets away. You need to get to the hospital where we have the tools to determine what is wrong with you. This just happened to me hence why I am on Veeky Forums at 4:30 AM. However, I do like it when people ask me for a gross story. I have made people puke. haha

This guy I met at a party told me he was going into something like theoretical botany or some thing about plants. I said, "have you thought about going into an applied field" and you should have seen the look on his face.

I mean the absolute lack of self-awareness and absolutely vapid empty posts that are purely placeholder so you can get some form of communication in your life and put up this clairvoyant facade of actually being legitimately interested in anything as opposed to just desperately seeking to create a friend simulator. It's really just terrifying to think what sort of fucked up thing could've possibly happened to make you so deluded and to isolate yourself from actual contact to a point where you need to so transparently pander and put up this pretentious banner of actually being all friendly and cool that you so desperately try to reel everyone in to a completely charade of a friend simulator.

And yet here we are.

>applied math
>"Wow, you must be smart!"
>"Wow, sounds cool"
I`m from Russia.

"You're a math guy? Yeah well I hate math" "stem people like you wouldn't know beauty if it wasn't for liberal arts, because with out us we would all just be mindless robots" seriously... Why do people fail to see the literally infinite power of mathematics? Do they not know that mathematicians win wars, mathematicians pave the path for the future, mathematicians give engineers and physicists to discover and create? Honestly there is more beauty in maxwells equations then in any book that you will ever read getting a degree in theory or whatever they call it. And it's not even liberal arts people. I've been made fun of by other stem majors for taking mathematics too seriously. What the fuck is up with that? Maybe they don't like that I am an autodidact.

I like to think that some people only see math as another form of writing and that it's as impressive as saying you're a writer.

SJWs should stay in tumblr

>I mean the absolute lack of self-awareness and absolutely vapid empty posts that are purely placeholder so you can get some form of communication in your life and put up this clairvoyant facade of actually being legitimately interested in anything as opposed to just desperately seeking to create a friend simulator. It's really just terrifying to think what sort of fucked up thing could've possibly happened to make you so deluded and to isolate yourself from actual contact to a point where you need to so transparently pander and put up this pretentious banner of actually being all friendly and cool that you so desperately try to reel everyone in to a completely charade of a friend simulator.

Dude you are a downer!! You need to talk to one of the chemical engineers on here and see if they can hook you up with some meth. Maybe that will cheer you up.