Post the greatest idea you've ever come up with

Post the greatest idea you've ever come up with

>stop jacking off so much

book made out of diamonds

What if I reached down my throat and pulled out my heart?

A toilet with a foot lever that pushes the seat and cover up. Deluxe version has two levers that push the cover up or the seat up.

So on the non deluxe version you have to sit on the bare toilet?

What? If you want to sit you would just lift the cover by hand. This was originally intended to quell women moaning about the seat being up. But I suppose it could be also for the germaphobic, but would require a locking mechanism to keep the seat and cover up.

oh. Not bad

killing myself

I came up with the threefold root of popular memes.
The qualities of popular memes include: malleability, duplicibility, and simplicity.

I further explain my idea in my essay, Pepe Rising.

There are no ends, just meames

they already have those in japan p sure, they're pretty thrifty over there you know

i've seen this idea somewhere before

please post

don't do it

a movie borrowing store. a place where you pay a fee to borrow movies and dvds and stuff.

oh and also a gym where you can work out totally naked. blacked out windows and shit. carry around a towel to put down on machines and sit on and what not. would be fucking sick to see all your muscles while doing squats

pretty much

these categories can all be reduced to one another. this is not necessarily a bad thing, I'm just saying.

Meaning & Mechanics: Toward a Memetic Theory of Ideology

I'm going to be the nouvieaux Derrida.

It's all a fucking joke.

so...blockbuster?

not posting it in this thread so it wont get stolen

you just did friendo ',:^)

Mein nigger. TLOTIAT was my idea just 2 summers ago. Now I'm graduating high school yay and raking in $45/hr doing shitty wagecuck programming.

brrraaaaaaaaaaaaapppp

An arm to hold a tablet over my bed, and a small bluetooth button to turn the the pages so I can lie in bed and exert as little effort as possible.

what no man. I'd set a very low monthly fee and you could watch the movie for up to a month but after that if you didn't return it you would be charged the cost of the movie. we would sell used copies of movies and games too and have sweets and what not.

Nope; trains do have foot pedal flushers though

changing the calender and time-keeping system around so that instead of keeping track of days and hours, we could have a system that only tracked the seconds from the origin of the universe. keep this for generations, until no one remembers the julian system. this would basically render timekeeping useless, which is my greatest dream

All Bibles or sacred codes have been the causes of the following Errors:—
1. That Man has two real existing principles, viz. a Body and a Soul.
2. That Energy, call’d Evil, is alone from the Body; and that Reason, call’d Good, is alone from the Soul.
3. That God will torment Man in Eternity for following his Energies.
But the following Contraries to these are True:—
1. Man has no Body distinct from his Soul; for that call’d Body is a portion of Soul discern’d by the five Senses, the chief inlets of Soul in this age.
2. Energy is the only life, and is from the Body; and Reason is the bound or outward circumference of Energy.
3. Energy is Eternal Delight.

Those who restrain Desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained; and the restrainer or Reason usurps its place and governs the unwilling.
And being restrained, it by degrees becomes passive, till it is only the shadow of Desire.

The history of this is written in Paradise Lost, and the Governor or Reason is call’d Messiah.
And the original Archangel, or possessor of the command of the Heavenly Host, is call’d the Devil or Satan, and his children are call’d Sin and Death.
But in the Book of Job, Milton’s Messiah is called Satan.
For this history has been adopted by both parties.
It indeed appear’d to Reason as if Desire was cast out; but the Devil’s account is, that the Messiah fell, and formed a Heaven of what he stole from the Abyss.
This is shown in the Gospel, where he prays to the Father to send the Comforter, or Desire, that Reason may have Ideas to build on; the Jehovah of the Bible being no other than he who dwells in flaming fire.
Know that after Christ’s death, he became Jehovah.
But in Milton, the Father is Destiny, the Son a Ratio of the five senses, and the Holy-ghost Vacuum!
Note. The reason Milton wrote in fetters when he wrote of Angels and God, and at liberty when of Devils and Hell, is because he was a true Poet, and of the Devil’s party without knowing it.

That all the postmodern faggots have it wrong. The author is not 'god', the reader is because the reader decides whether the book will actually be read and ultimately interprets the book.

>postmodern thought
>author is god

post-modernism is death of the author.
you have things backwards.
unless you're trolling, read From Work to Text by Barthes.
He even uses God and Devil analogies

A cross-platform zine app in which people with offensive/controversial/retarded views can publish articles to the unwashed masses without fear of persecution for holding said terrible views, under the glorious pretence of satire

It'd be organised by a voting system similar to reddit, except downvoting because something offended you would result in an immediate ban

Also people would be able to fund bounties for the sorts of articles they'd like to see - obviously for the funded articles they have to be backed up with statistics and fairly convincing evidence. it just literally does not matter what kind of narrative you spin that material into so long as it ticks the required boxes

Alcoholic popcorn for movie theaters to sell.

I found my songwriter voice not so long ago.
Next Dylan coming through, prepare your eardrums.

A late-night bookstore that does teas, coffees, cakes, sandwiches and comfy sofas with a garden area to smoke in

you don't even have to buy anything, you can just come in, pick a book of the shelf and read.

we'd also stock a variety of newspapers and boardgames, and any donations we receive would go towards coffee and sandwiches for the homeless

And some actors and some such act greek plays in the background and also exerpts from Plato's Dialogues?

Socrates was being literal when he said that the only knowledge is to know that you know nothing. The most basic "truths" (causality, arithmetic, consciousness, etc.) cannot be proven and our grasp of them is tenuous.

How the fuck you gonna make money?

how is philosophy 101 going?

It wouldn't be for profit. We'd rely primarily on donations, stock a lot of second-hand books and organise regular poetry/book readings and other events to raise funds. You'd be surprised how many authors would be more than happy to publicise their work through charitable platforms like this. If you've ever been to Brighton in the UK you'd also know how generous and socially conscious the middle-classes are around here, this sort of thing is right up their street

The universe has a creator but its an imperfect one, who doesn't know everything thats going to happen. Like a computer programmer who made some kind of simulated program. There's also glitches and stuff like that.

So we have a creator, but not an all knowing one.

>glitches

Why would I? Someone would steal it.

GOAT. Make this please.

Right up their back passage more like.

I'm not shallow enough to judge people for doing good deeds. If their generosity - self-indulgent or not - can have a real positive impact on those in need, what should I care what reason they do it for?

Fucking brilliant

I'm gonna cook some mac and cheese

I was making an immature joke about Brighton and its gay population; I just enjoy wordplay.

i still remember the days where these kind of comments where the first to show up and the thread ended with everyone quoting the first guy

A gun that shoots out fish

DVD rentals are everywhere already

Time to be a man.

>the joke

>my head

Walked right into that one

>there are no glitches irl

roads that change colour

some kind of chemical mixed with the tar that they make roads out of, that is temperature sensitive and for example turns blue when the temperature drops below freezing so drivers know there is a risk of ice on the road

I hate people who misuse the word energy.

segregate the population into those possessing aesthetic sensibilities, those best suited to rational, empirical enquiry, and those who just want to make money.

then let them breed and be educated within their assigned group for a few hundred years until we have the collective capacity to establish the new utopian dream

(also it means I don't have to associate with autistic stem dudes)

not related to literature at all but

>green screen filming underwater

I thought bout it as a kid when green screens were becoming a thing and shortly after I started seeing movies and commercials using it.

I could have been a rich kid!

In today's internet economy, you can probably get that published and gets lots upboats.

u sound gay and retarded

>tfw discovered a nice, tiny, quiet rustic coffee shop with a huge bookshelf, nice couches, board games and menu that barely anyone went to two blocks away from my place
>only went there twice to read and drink coffee
>its closed now and got replaced by a bar

follow your dreams user. Network with writers and charity organizations and teachers, take out a loan and start it up. You'll make a lot of people happy and you'll be doing rewarding work.

Death is the ultimate act of love

Part 1. Please be patient, I am very busy.

>that line spacing
is this a metameme?

This is double spacing .

That is it. Go ahead, let the insults fly.

>it's real

sub-undergrad-tier writing, but I'm proud of you regardless.

An innovative computer mouse which I'm making a business around.
Some philosophy arguments but I'm going to review them after I finish my current reading list.

PIC UNRELATED: VERY RARE PEPE

holy shit nice

you need to discuss more the difference between "meme" as originally defined by Dawkins and "meme" as used by the internet. they are quite different. "Pepe" is not an example of Dawkins' "unit of cultural evolution"; in Dawkins' terms it's more like Pepe is an instance of "image macro" where "image macro" is a meme. the definition of "meme" itself has evolved.

also i'm not sure that "Gangnam style" is a meme in either definition. nobody does "Gangnam style" any more. it hasn't survived. i guess it could be called an extinct meme.

pic unrelated

you got it boss

Option 1
Spend tens, hundreds of millions researching new chemicals and resurfacing roads
Option 2
Build signs with temperature readouts

I vote for suicide booths that simultaneously harvest your organs. You will be restrained and injected with a dose of heroin before meeting a quick death. Suicide and drug use will be destigmatized to encourage use of the booths. A narrative based on freedom of choice and service to society will be spun. Society would be revolutionized as the nonfit kill themselves, raising the standard of being, repeating ad infinitum.

to stop writing and prepare myself for suicide

He's in high school, what did you expect

I like it, I'll give it a shot

There quite a few actually.

First of all, Einstein was almost right, but still wrong.

The Universe exists in function of space only.

Any form of time is solely an upper dimension we cannot be in touch with.

This dialogues with string theory in that the multiverses are in fact in our very being.

Gravitrons leap forth and back as they travel in time, which is the reason gravity distorts time - just as it does with space.

Like in a tesseract, space are the cubes, and time are the countless cubes.

Time is continuous, we exist in the future as we exist in the past and present - all is the same within a given time line.

I also invented 3D chess.

I love you user

A book that will give religion rebirth while destroying new sincerity. Look out for a book by a man in a sunglass eyepatch.

I have DID, so bare with me.

A "grenade" filled with condensed pure nitrogen to put out fires quickly.
I was waiting to finish my engineering degree to get on it. This morning saw some dude in india figured it out and is already manufacturing.
>nobody's fault but my own.mp3

You nearly got quads if it's any consolation.
I'm

Thank you user, love you too.

Damn man, that's a pretty good idea though. I thought of washer machines that shift to built in dryers but that was already an idea too

this guy right here

A place where one could obtain objects in exchange of some special valuable things. This is a great idea and would mean the start of a new world

Trade?

a man in charge of making car horns who decides to methodically tune them all to D flat, F, or A flat, so in his town whenever there's a traffic jam a harmonious D flat major chord rings out

A gym plan where you sign up at age 14 and are given a newborn calf. You carry the calf up a 10 story flight of stairs every other day until you are 18 and the cow is fully grown.

jajaj holy shit this

I want to bring back epicurean communes