How do you deal with the fact that you'll more or less never achieve heights of greatness?

how do you deal with the fact that you'll more or less never achieve heights of greatness?

i will tho

Live vicariously through fiction.

I asked my friend that question and he told me to drink a beer and shut up and enjoy what I already have.

And I guess that's what I'll have to do

pee pee poo poo

But you're wrong, I will achieve greatness

This desu

seems like a pointless goal

just beeee yourself and if you get lucky hey good job. Did "the greats" really live that much more happy and fulfilling lives than their peers whose names we'll never know?

>my friend
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't want greatness, I want comfiness.

I isolate myself from everybody else and convince myself that my genius is simply repressed by a callous and unjust world.

I do something similar. I just don't put any of my work out there, therefore it can't be accepted. I take a small comfort in a small delusion that the things I write are good, because of compliments given by people of no consequence.
You will call me pathetic. And I will wonder how you got my number and if I should answer it. I'm afraid of outside area codes (bill collectors).

I have this feeling a lot, as if I know very little due to my inability to locate certain things in their respective categories.
For example, when I listen to a certain classic piece, I cannot say whether it's from the Baroque era, Classic era, etc, even though I am aware of the certain qualities that come with these era's.
I feel the same with literature.

It might seem so petty and it probably is but I feel as if I have no stable, concrete and clear knowledge of anything, even though I do seem to know things as if they were fragments of a bigger "whole".

trying and failing is far more fun than giving up

I just realized I have no passion or desire to excel in the field I'm currently in, and have now actually started working on two novels while I plan how to make money in the next few years. I also thought of a short story premise on a ten minute drive yesterday I might submit to clarksworld if I think that may be worth it. The job I will be getting is easy, pays well, and is meaningful, with plenty of time to work on my writing. More importantly, I found I am incredibly passionate about the stories, with zero effort needed on my part in order to think and work on them.

wrong

>requiring external validation

Never gonna make it

>enjoying things
Is this a thing?

poorly
i require internal validation first

>tfw 6'4"