Who /drinking/ and /reading/ here? what are you drinking and reading?

who /drinking/ and /reading/ here? what are you drinking and reading?

>pic related
>under the volcano - malcolm lowry

pretty fitting desu

>pic related
whyna juss drink yr cmen?

i am pretty fucking gay you're right

>Chateau Vieux Moulin, Bordeaux
>The Castle

Fat Tire Beer and House of Leaves.

I fell for some memes but I'm enjoying it anyway.

diet coke
the dwarf by lakgervist

i would be a drunk if i could drink without losing gains

>who /drinking/ and /reading/ here?

/yuppie/ general thread

>Fat Tire Beer
A true meme beer. I see this trash everywhere.

it's cheap and better than bud/coors/miller/pbr/etc

deal with it

Its not better than coors. Yee haw

But seriously, coors is way better than fat tire

does being tipsy while reading stifle ur comprehension? or ability to rmmbr what ur reading?

Vodka and Waiting for Godot. Fucking around here as the intermission.

>>Sake
I know, I know I should have read it by now but I went to a pleb tier HS and am only now getting into literature.

Agreed. Flat tire is butt beer, whereas Coors Lite mixes with tomato juice the best (and salt/pepper)

Why do people do this when a cheap bottle of decent wine is like $10.

Boxed/bagged is only good for punch.
All beer is bad.

And $10 wine isn't?

$10 is acceptable and perfectly fine for drinking, boxed/bagged absolutely isn't

Wild Turkey 'n Sasperiller
Marcel Mauss

I guess I can see your point on that, but not all beer is bad.

Though I will admit, neither really do it for me as far as fermented drinks go. Sake is my preferred fermented drink, just tastes cleaner.

I drank some Old Grand-dad and read Carpenter's Gothic the other day.

Yes, all beer is bad.

Sake is a wine that is produced like a beer. A wine, generally put, is the fermentation stage of plant sugars where ethanol is synthesised, that is followed by vinegar through desynthesis of ethanol and synthesis of acids.

Wine is an easily-spoiled alcoholic beverage that is prone to becoming a vinegar due to improper storage. I have a large vat of vinegar In my basement, I made it with homemade wine (a kind of sake) and boxed wine, other ingredients for flavour, and 'active' vinegar to catalyze the growth of bacteria.

In short, if it can become a vinegar, then it can probably be called a wine. Beer is honestly just a carbonated wine.

You don't make beer from grapes you dunce

>Yes, all beer is bad.
yeah, nah
also,
>get a load of this faggot

Hilarious. I am reading the same and drinking mezcal.

"–"

>Yes, all beer is bad.

>boxed red
>not drinking mescal
> the consul is crying

War and Peace
Stolichnaya Elit

$10 wine???

cheapest here is 1,30€

>coors is way better than fat tire

kek, do muricans actually drink coors? Thought it was the fosters equivalent.

They sell it over here in bong land now...

Been drinking this lately

perks of having a shitty wine delivery job
having a glass while following infinite meme group

Fat tire is one of those ""good beers"" that are overpriced and completely inferior to other beers within its price.

And coors is pretty shitty compared to miller lite unless mixing with tomato juice, but you wont see me complain if it's the drink... well, at least not toooo much, heh

Coors is cheap shit that you see homeless people drinking. There are a couple of even cheaper ones but it's probably the most common. Americans have really shitty taste in beer on average and it's not uncommon for them to drink pisswater like Budweiser or Heineken.

>been ID'd by every clerk ever since I turned 21
>several months ago people suddenly stopped asking for it
>been to multiple gas stations/groceries stores since and people haven't asked

There had to have been some policy change right? Like they revoked the "anyone who looks under 40 gets checked" law right? I can't have aged that much over night

They're two different types/flavors of beer. It's like your angry at people for choosing Fruit Loops over Lucky Charms. I don't care about the price of beers, I go by the overall experience. Coors is nasty thin pilsner-tasting beer that has no discernable taste or texture. Coors is great to great to get drunk on, because it's not going to fuck your stomach up.

Fat Tire is an amber beer, which is thick, dark and very subtly sweet but very tasty, crisp and refreshing. It's not the best amber beer, I'll admit (Shiner Bavarian is probably the best amber I've had). Too much of that WILL fuck your stomach up, due to thickness. That's why you only drink that to enjoy, and not to get drunk off.

lel. I've had some nice "craft" beers imported from cali and NY before

I just bought some scotch and will spend the evening reading Dreams From My Father by Barack Obama.

Those aren't the norm though. Most Americans exclusively drink complete shit.

Yh, like that over here too desu. People drink beers like Fosters and Stella, then complain that beer tastes like shit and that everyone who likes it is lying...

We have some nice ales luckily

God, I needed this thread, user.

I work a construction management internship currently, m-f, 7-330. Parents don't get home from work until 5, so I usually mix one of the following (extra dirty, of course, chap!): Cherry Pomegranate + Vodka, Rum + Coke, Whiskey + Coke, Long Island.

Now I'm fairly lightweight, so once I've settled into a nice buzz (and have a cigarette on the porch from which I read only the finest Bolaño, Kundera, and DeLillo) my parents usually get back, upon which I will clean my glass and pretend like I'm having my first drink of the day, or, just have a beer or two over the next few hours.

I was skeptical that drinking would help my reading, but it certainly does; it's nice to have something to dull all the sharp edges of distraction with a peripheral buzz.

Fat Tire is nice. Ever had Laughing Skull? If not, I highly recommend it if you get the chance. It's a great amber brewed by Red Brick, which makes a number of great beers. I think their distribution might be mostly limited to the southeast U.S., though (they are in Atlanta).

Red Stripe
The Day of the Locust

about to sit down with a guinness and read a textbook on Ufology

Evan Williams
Platform

Craft beer from the local brewery
Rereading The Sun Also Rises

Great book to drink while reading

Sometimes. But if I get to that point I put the book down and finish drinking.

They could just recognize you.

My liquor store doesn't ID me either because I only shop at one and I'm good with the owner.

I'm convinced they have a wall of loyal customers in their staff room, because even new employees don't card me.

I've had good beer, I've gone to beer and wine tastings and tried everything I could, none of it is good.

Ever hear of the Troubled Monk Brewery? They're in my city, acclaimed, and I can't even enjoy that despite it being shoved in my face at every local pub, sometimes for free, and made how I actually prefer beer.

E&J XO and The Letters of William Gaddis

This shit isn't worth the 5 dollars it costs. Even 3 steel reserve 211's would've been less nasty.

I've had that stuff, Just awful, get some decent brandy, One i like is Raynald XO 15

I typically drink VSOP cognac when I'm in the mood for brandy. I just tried this on a whim because I had 6 bucks left in my wallet and figured why not.

cheap brandy is for hobos and cooking.

I know but my thought process was something like "I've had bourbon that was almost this cheap before and it wasn't --that-- bad". That and I sometimes try cheap shit just for the hell of it.

>under the volcano - malcolm lowry
>not going to the liquor store and suffering through the cheapest bottle of mezcal they have

If you like a light beer and find hoppy, dark stuff to be dehydrating or even chewy, its a god send.
Beer is a shit tier thing to be snobby about; I can tell what country any Sauvignon or Merlot is from and I almost exclusively drink Rolling Rock. Get over yourself.

Drinking: Pastis D'Avignon
Reading: The Beautiful and Damned, my go-to depression book.

Water
Against the Day

>none of it is good
get fucked. just because you don´t like something doesn´t mean it´s not good