I want to see what Veeky Forums thinks regarding organic tobacco...

I want to see what Veeky Forums thinks regarding organic tobacco. I'm not talking about company cigarettes bought from the store. I would argue that it is good for the human body.

Other urls found in this thread:

longecity.org/forum/topic/38868-smoking-is-good-for-you/
themindunleashed.org/2015/09/the-secret-health-benefits-of-nicotine-they-dont-want-you-to-know.html
scientificamerican.com/article/body-blazes/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9162447/
uptodate.com/contents/smoking-and-hypertension#H1
longecity.org/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=38868&view=findpost&p=390790
longecity.org/forum/topic/38868-smoking-is-good-for-you/page-10#entry388800
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Im pretty sure smoking anything is bad for you, although I do feel that store bought cigarettes fuck me up more than hand rolled ones though

Pretty much this. Any smoke inhalation would result in harmful effects on the lungs

Grow your own tobacco and chew on the fresh uncured leaves. Bam, no cancer.

Well i smoke piped tobacco, but thats because my life is a meme

Suffocating lungs with smoke is good for human body ?

It's supposed to be. Jus because it's smoke doesn't make it bad.

longecity.org/forum/topic/38868-smoking-is-good-for-you/

Ignore the red text at the top. I think the argument being made is very convincing. Organic tobacco is the product ring defended, not store bought tobacco.

>longecity.org/forum/topic/38868-smoking-is-good-for-you/
not an academic source

The link uses academic scientific papers and links and discusses hen at length. Usually what happens is the study buried a beneficial effect of tobacco under data that alleges it's bad. The studies try to claim the opposite of what is actually being said.

>hen
*them

Organic is a meme that means nothing

Maybe for food, but huge difference for smoking.

How so

Now you can have smug with your smog.

Is a cigarette made with 100% tobacco really a cigarette though? Wouldn't it be just... tobacco?

Longecity thread already pointed this out up thread.

>petting animals instead of kicking their face in is a meme
>rich enough soil so you won't need the use of (or much less) pesticides/ herbicides is a meme

The "organics are a scam" guys just bought into Monsanto/big pharmaceutical companies and their memes.

If you buy organic because of pesticides/gm etc you've fallen for a huge scam.

For food maybe but there's a huge difference with tobacco and people just don't want to admit that the pure tobacco leaf isn't bad for you, it's all the chemicals that they put in tobacco.

Hi Monsanto.

brb, just drinking this gallon of pesticide

Nicotine is fucking terrible for you.

Citation needed

themindunleashed.org/2015/09/the-secret-health-benefits-of-nicotine-they-dont-want-you-to-know.html

>organic tobacco

AHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

KYS

Teenager detected.

It's basically like organic mayonnaise. Still mayonnaise.

>defending your idiotic habit
>not a teenager
sure thing, champ

Completely not true.

Commercial tobacco = tons of extra chemicals, additives, wood chips, paper bits, metal pieces, etc

Organic tobacco = just tobacco

>The Earth is not flat
>[citation needed]
The internet is nearly as terrible a poison for the mind as nicotine is for your entire body.

organic mayonnaise is still mayonnaise, dense fucker

Oh shit better drink cum rather than water then since water is inorganic.

hilariously enough for Veeky Forums, nicotine is one of the few nootropics around which have been shown to actually work

Commercial mayonnaise = cholesterol, saturated fat + additives
Organic mayonnaise = cholesterol, saturated fat

You're killing yourself a little bit less. Good for you!

So many goddamn tards on this thread, I'm not surprised. It's summer and it's Veeky Forums a fundamentally liberal board.

Point is if you can't refute the information in then you have no business talking about how you think organic tobacco is bad for you.

>Jus because it's smoke doesn't make it bad.
>being this underage
you're the tard, mmkay?

drinking alcohol really works too, you just need to drink organic alcohol and not the chemicals

the fact that you retarded smoking idiots are absolutely wrong is the only thing the invading SJWs, the new summerfags and the conservative people from the board agree with

fuck off and kill yourself in silence

The fact that none of you are able to even refute a single piece of information posted in any of the threads is more or less the actual problem. It's all just insults from people like you who know absolutely nothing.

Why smoke to begin with? At best, it's a complete waste of money, as smoking does little to stimulate you at all, and after a short while it becomes just a pointless habit.
Refute that.

That's an awful comparison

scientificamerican.com/article/body-blazes/

This link shows that nicotine is an anti-inflammatory agent.

Because non commercial tobacco could be beneficial?

>waste of money

I know someone else who once said that exact thing about smoking.

Nicotine, yes, smoking, no.

Nicotine patches have been shown to be an effective nootropic and delay the onset of dementia and such.

However, smokers suffer from higher rates of dementia and Alzheimer's from all of the other toxic byproducts of smoking.

Source? Is this commercial or pure tobacco?

Then why has it been shown to reverse some of the negative issues with alzheimers and parkinsons? Hell, there's a guy at my job who vapes to reduce his parkinsons related shaking.

I don't even smoke any more, just so you know. I'm not trying to justify anything. I'm just amazed at what I've heard on NPR about nicotine and alz, and by my coworker being able to control his parkinsons with vaping.

If anyone could explain how that works, I'd love to hear it.

smoking tobacco can give you lung cancer and/or make your aortic valve distend to exploding even if it's organic, loose, and pipe smoked. it's how we lost Einstein.

I'll let you do the google searches, but nicotine patches prescribed to patients with dementia substantially delayed the onset of dementia, while smokers have higher rates of dementia. The mechanism is partially known: while nicotine is neuroprotective, smoking causes tiny blood vessels to burst in the brain.

Smoking anything does this, according to you? Or just tobacco?

I read it for smoking tobacco; I don't know if other things do this too.

Specifically regarding Parkinson's I can't tell if it's always effective. Michael J Fox used to chainsmoke and he still got pariknsons fairly early in his life, maybe he quit?

Parkinson's has a complex etiology. Someone like Fox who got it early in life likely had a heavily deleterious allele making him pretty much doomed. Smoking can be preventive in more borderline cases though.

>tiny blood vessels to burst in the brain

Isn't that a result of hypertension? Long term smokers seem to have lower blood pressure though.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/9162447/

uptodate.com/contents/smoking-and-hypertension#H1

That could explain it, yeah.

Nicotine may have helpful effects, but this is entirely due to it being extremely toxic. The reason it's present in tobacco plants is to kill and repel insects.

> I want to see what Veeky Forums thinks regarding organic tobacco. I'm not talking about company cigarettes bought from the store. I would argue that it is good for the human body.
>I would argue that it is good for the human body.

This is like 240p quality bait, mate.

>inhaling byproducts of combustion reaction

>there's oxidation happening inside you right now

>there is shit inside your colon right now
>so it's ok to eat shit
retard

Two totally different things. Tobacco that was smoked before all those big companies started putting out marlboros and shit allegedly had no detremental effects.

This is when I see some grapes with the label
>Gluten Free!

And sugar free candy with
>Evaporated cane juice
in the ingredients

Top kek I want have lunch with the people who came up with those

"Just" because it is smoke it is(!) fucking cancerous you plebtier brainlet

Shit your stupidity boils my blood

underrated and I chuckled

It may be beneficial to implant shit into your colon from someone else with healthy immune building bacteria and is currently being studied

*sips tea*

Dude it's organic!

Tell that to marijuana smokers or pipe/cigar smokers.

But dude, vaping!

You can't win with addicts, they're using it as a crutch for a reason

Paradoxically you help them by loving them and engaging with them, which they don't get when they annoy people

Organic certification has nothing to do with animal welfare or pesticide use. 'Organic' pesticides must be used in higher quantities than the evul chemicals because they're less effective.

It probably won't have any effect. The primary cause of smoking-related cancers is radiation. Lead and polonium isotopes from the air and from fertilizers (yes, even ""organic"" ones) are preferentially harboured by the hairs of the tobacco leaf.

As for the other negative health effects of smoking, such as COPD, there may be some benefit but I doubt it. Many of the chemicals found in cigarettes are added after the plant is harvested and I suspect the Organicâ„¢ racket looks the other way once the plant is harvested. When it does look.

Additionally, it sickens me slightly to see a thread on Veeky Forums about the health impacts of smoking reach thirty posts without someone mentioning radiation.

well half are people arguing

and here you are before it went 400 posts

y hallo thar

Why? What's your argument?

I guess my argument was that organic tobacco not made in a factory and mass produced (basically self-grown and rolled) was protective of certain illnesses. I never wanted anyone to start smoking, I just wanted facts and not bullshit from the Tobacco Control industry. I do not trust government information. They even say e-cigs are bad for you now with no solid evidence.

Smoking is bad because combusted plant matter is carcinogenic. Thus this means ANY smoke entering your lungs will cause cell death. As with all things the frequency of exposure is what matters most.

I assume organic tobacco is just additive free, like with American Spirits. If that is certainly the case it might be better than typical cigs, but that is like saying sticking your hand in boiling water is better than sticking it in fire.

As per the additives, they tend to be things to control the burning of the cig. Some additives are used to extend the burn life. I've even heard of some additives that are there to prevent fires by promoting a more "containing" ember in the cig. Sounds pretty ridiculous so it probably isn't true.

One thing these additives don't do, though, is make cigs more addicting. Tobacco/Nicotine does that all on its own.

Interesting thing about Nicotine is that it has some health benefits that are being looked into, some have been mentioned in this thread.

>Thus this means ANY smoke entering your lungs will cause cell death

I thought lungs do that every three weeks or so. Also people claim it creates oxidation. This one, though, says otherwise.

longecity.org/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=38868&view=findpost&p=390790

Regarding cancer I assumed cell death is a good outcome when cells go out of control.

And at least more than one study indicates that immediately quitting smoking is bad, because it is associated with a risk of lung cancer.

"Are lung cancers triggered by stopping smoking?"(pdf), (by A. Kumar et al., Med. Hypotheses 2007; 68(5):1176.).
>"In an overview of personal history in a number of lung cancer patients locally, we are struck by the more than casual relationship between the appearance of lung cancer and an abrupt and recent cessation of the smoking habit in many, if not most cases. The association is more than just casual development of cancer within a few months of eschewing cigarette smoking. ...
>The striking direct statistical correlation between cessation of smoking to the development of lung malignancies, more than 60% plus, is too glaring to be dismissed as coincidental. ...
>Nicotine stimulates corticotrophin-releasing factor (CRF) besides increasing the level of adrenocorticotropic hormone (ACTH), both of which interfere with immune systems [2]. Abrupt withdrawal of the addictive drug could trigger derangement of the `smoking-steroid' conferred immunity, priming the healing lung epithelia to dangerous levels uncontrolled cell division.
longecity.org/forum/topic/38868-smoking-is-good-for-you/page-10#entry388800

What's the point in analyzing a pointless, joyless (after certain time) and utterly stupid habit as it is smoking tobacco?

I honestly have a hard time seeing how this post contributes to anything at all in a science and math board.

You wanna smoke organic tobacco? Then go ahead my man.

You wanna defend a retarded habit acquired in what the fucking 14th century? Don't waste our time.

When smoking tobacco became popular people died from common fevers and we couldn't even integrate.

>When smoking tobacco became popular people died from common fevers and we couldn't even integrate.

Are you implying those two things are linked?

>joyless

Have you talked to a smoker? Smokers enjoy smoking. It isn't always an addiction.

Everything that goes through human hands is adulterated. This isn't anybody's fault, as at some point nature could not be shared by anyone. They could however, share themselves.