Itt we post our favourites quotes

“Think Thousand times before taking a decision But - After taking decison never turn back even if you get Thousand difficulties!!”

pic unrelated

and

“Reading is not an end to itself, but a means to an end.” ―

"Whatever."

“For the rest of the earth’s organisms, existence is relatively uncomplicated. Their lives are about three things: survival, reproduction, death—and nothing else. But we know too much to content ourselves with surviving, reproducing, dying—and nothing else. We know we are alive and know we will die. We also know we will suffer during our lives before suffering—slowly or quickly—as we draw near to death. This is the knowledge we “enjoy” as the most intelligent organisms to gush from the womb of nature. And being so, we feel shortchanged if there is nothing else for us than to survive, reproduce, and die. We want there to be more to it than that, or to think there is. This is the tragedy: Consciousness has forced us into the paradoxical position of striving to be unself-conscious of what we are—hunks of spoiling flesh on disintegrating bones.”

cringe

We are nothing, I said, and fell.

No.

Great attitude towards life you fucking permavirgin. Feel free to lock yourself up in your room and die crying.

I am dying, Egypt

"A screaming of 'call me Ishmael' comes accross Howth Castle and Environs on a bright cold day in April, when Maman, light of my life, fire of my loins, came from the stairhead, surrounded by heads and bodies, and found himself changed into a monstrous vermin."

However, a good laugh is a mighty good thing, and rather too scarce a good thing; the more's the pity. So, if any one man, in his own proper person, afford stuff for a good joke to anybody, let him not be backward, but let him cheerfully allow himself to spend and be spent in that way. And the man that has anything bountifully laughable about him, be sure there is more in that man than you perhaps think for.

For certainly, no ome has yet altogether escaped love, and none shall, so long as there is beauty and eyes to see

What is wrong with you people?

"They climbed the upward path, through absolute silence,
Up the steep murk, clouded in pitchy darkness,
They were near the margin, near the upper land,
When he, afraid that she might falter, eager to see her,
Looked back in love, and she was gone, in a moment.
Was it he, or she, reaching out arms and trying
To hold or to be held, and clasping nothing
But empty air? Dying the second time,
She had no reproach to bring against her husband,
What was there to complain of? One thing, only:
He loved her. He could hardly hear her calling
Farewell! when she was gone."

"The wall just got 10 feet higher"

10/10

t. artificially limiting the content of consciousness

Read every book you can

Chloë Grace Moretz

That's a stupid thing to say.

nice coping mechanism, hunk

Perfection. I've never read a short post so much emphasizing how repetitive and narrow Veeky Forums's tastes are. Beautiful.

peak meme, good work.

btfo

I'm 22 and there's never been a significant other in my life. The only girls I come across in my day to day life are family or senior in age. This quote is not applicable to all.

Great attitude towards life you fucking permavirgin. Feel free to lock yourself up in your room and die crying.

Is this a meme now

I have an anxiety problem, man. Give me a break. Where's your compassion?

I wish mr copypasta. Gotta go to work. My favorite work quote:

If you work faithfully eight hours a day you may eventually be boss and work twelve hours a day.

Forget the word sky," Burlingame said off-handedly, swinging up on his gelding, " 'tis a blinder to your eyes. There is no dome of heaven yonder

>not knowing the pasta
>asking for compassion on a Pakistani Knife Sharpening Forum
>being a permavirgin

That's impressive.

Nothing has been described as pretty as this

>All night sheetlightning quaked sourceless to the west beyond the midnight thunderheads, making a bluish day of the distant desert, the mountains on the sudden skyline stark and black and livid like a land of some other order out there whose true geology was not stone but fear.

Joke's on you I fuck plenty of girls and force them to take morning after pills

"If there is nothing but what we make in this world, brothers... Let us make good."

Yeah man, but you love something or another, right?
Like, before I found the woman I hope to spend my life with, I knew that I at least loved a really good ham sandwich.
It's the little shit, man.

Your point is that the little things make life worth it and I can't agree. I'm not going to end myself but if given the choice to do life over, I would pass.

Your loss friendo

>“Reading is not an end to itself, but a means to an end.” ―
l'art pour l'art, faggot
kys

This gave me an erection

Middlemarch:

It is an uneasy lot at best, to be what we call highly taught and yet not to enjoy: to be present at this great spectacle of life and never to be liberated from a small hungry shivering self—never to be fully possessed by the glory we behold, never to have our consciousness rapturously transformed into the vividness of a thought, the ardor of a passion, the energy of an action, but always to be scholarly and uninspired, ambitious and timid, scrupulous and dim-sighted.

That element of tragedy which lies in the very fact of frequency, has not yet wrought itself into the coarse emotion of mankind; and perhaps our frames could hardly bear much of it. If we had a keen vision and feeling of all ordinary human life, it would be like hearing the grass grow and the squirrel’s heart beat, and we should die of that roar which lies on the other side of silence. As it is, the quickest of us walk about well wadded with stupidity.

Marriage, which has been the bourne of so many narratives, is still a great beginning, as it was to Adam and Eve, who kept their honey-moon in Eden, but had their first little one among the thorns and thistles of the wilderness. It is still the beginning of the home epic - the gradual conquest or irremediable loss of that complete union which make the advancing years a climax, and age the harvest of sweet memories in common.

The terror of being judged sharpens the memory: it sends an inevitable glare over that long-unvisited past which has been habitually recalled only in general phrases. Even without memory, the life is bound into one by a zone of dependence in growth and decay; but intense memory forces a man to own his blameworthy past. With memory set smarting like a reopened wound, a man’s past is not simply a dead history, an outworn preparation of the present: it is not a repented error shaken loose from the life: it is a still quivering part of himself, bringing shudders and bitter flavors and the tinglings of a merited shame.

The terror of being judged sharpens the memory: it sends an inevitable glare over that long-unvisited past which has been habitually recalled only in general phrases. Even without memory, the life is bound into one by a zone of dependence in growth and decay; but intense memory forces a man to own his blameworthy past. With memory set smarting like a reopened wound, a man’s past is not simply a dead history, an outworn preparation of the present: it is not a repented error shaken loose from the life: it is a still quivering part of himself, bringing shudders and bitter flavors and the tinglings of a merited shame.

Brevity would do you good.

high level mem

sorry.

He once called her his basil plant, and when she asked for an explanation said that basil was a plant which had flourished wonderfully on a murdered man’s brains.

But Chloë, I can't read!