What do the users of lit think about this?

what do the users of lit think about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YWuzXg4O3lU&list=PLnT9nwzMcqlRYsYZcoSrWq7rLES9Kanjp
mangafox.me/manga/aku_no_hana/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What do you think of this?

I think you are avoiding my question to avoid the guilt you are feeling right now.

geeeesus you don't even deserve literature

>anime

garbage.

Why would be ridiculous to desire reading everything? At least, books with quality content? It is ridiculous to desire to taste food around the world?

I think anime is really gay, tbqh

People might tease you for reading beginner or "simple" books, but as OP's pic says, it's normal to do that if it's a relatively new interest. If you really enjoy reading, you won't care what other people think of your reading habits.

does anyone have a link to "Miss Bernard said", couldnt find it anywhere

"The short gag manga is about the love of famous works of literature. It follows Sawako "Miss Bernard" Machida, a lazy girl who wants to be a well-read person — but does not actually read much. The manga recounts the conversations between "Miss Bernard" and her bookworm friends about the Bible, The Tale of the Heike, Guns, Germs, and Steel, The Door into Summer, The Great Passage, Fermat's Last Theorem, and more masterpieces that she has not necessarily read. "

not sure if its even translated

Whats that anime tho? Is there an anime about literature?

>anime
kys

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou.
I dont think it is about books

God damn I fucking hate anime

lewd tbqh

I think its a cute platitude that helps anime fans dodge feelings of inferiority.

Get this blue-pill degenerate jewshit the cuck out of here, you stupid nu-males

you need to leave Veeky Forums, even if you're memeing

Thanks, rabbi

ITT: Pretentious autists who have nothing going for them so they criticize other for reading what they enjoy to read.

I'm actually german, I can give you a 100% aryan certificate that you need to get out

others*

I apologize.

what have you read lately that you feel so insecure as to make the thread. you could be baiting too but i'll ask.

It isn't
There must be an anime about literature and I'm going to find it

aoi bungaku

About literature or literature addicts, not japanese stories

Aku no Hana / The Flowers of Evil
manga, not anime though

The flowers of Evils sounds dope ass pervert, I hope Im not gonna be dissapointed

it's pretty good

aoi bungaku

nerb

I think you should get off this board.

This

checked

This is really rude.

I didn't make the thread.

I've just never seen so much perceived superiority before.

Is that all Veeky Forums is?

But you made the post can't you answer? Only those who are insecure of what they read or feel they're inferior or have been wrongly misjudged complain of the things you do.

So go on what have you been up to lately in literature.

So, where's that one from?

I'm currently reading 1984 which no I don't feel bad about.

But you aren't answering my question, why do you feel better than someone else simply based on the books that you read?

people who read trash books are like trannies. i don't concern myself with what they do until they demand i use the right pronouns or put a song of ice and fire on equal footing with literary classics.

I never said anything about feeling better, i just wanted to know what books someones reading to have to make these constant threads every day, usually it's entry tier or something they were bullied for.

We're on a Veeky Forums board, it's like being on a body building board and have been working out for 4 years with great results versus someone who likes going to the gym 3 times a week and has less.

Why shouldn't people be allowed to shit on others who are proud of their minute accomplishments, even if it's all minor in the first place, we are on a board where people read.

Otherwise this place just becomes reddit and there's no bar set that people should strive for, where 1984 is one of the highest crowning achievements of literature.

Who here is stroking their ego because they read 1984? I just think it's pretty pathetic to shit on someone for reading something you consider not up to your standards. Don't like the book? Okay tell us why you don't like it, or better yet stay out of the thread.

Instead of attacking someone argument or roasting some book you result to ad hominem attacks about peoples intelligence.

I'm new to this board,and have only lurked up till now, but I have never seen so much misplaced superiority in one place.

But let's say I want to discuss 1984, is that wrong?

All pretense is founded on nothing, but pretentious people, even if they know this to be true, will continue to be pretentious because it is the source of their self-worth. Don't try to save this place, it isn't worth saving.

This

I've been here for some time now, but from about a year ago it became unbearable. I still lurk from time to time, engage in a discussion, but the enjoyable Veeky Forums is gone.

It used to be a place where you had three or less people in one thread having a discussion. With very slow activity, some obvious trolling posts, and little on superiority. Some deserved grrm bashing, and that was it.

Now it's hipsters everywhere.

What do you mean with hipsters? As far as I see people are only reading the same 20 books or so on lit

Yes, his point is that those people read those books because of the perceived social value of having read them, rather than out of any genuine interest in literature.

Go on reddit to see people stroke their egos because of 1984, it's elitism which keeps that away.

Nothings wrong with discussing it but there's not many discussions that go on anyway. People read it in junior high I doubt most are interested in 1984 desu.

It's a board where thousands come daily you can only expect so much, those who want a private book circle where it's all positivity and laughs and creative thinking should look elsewhere, or reddit.

Oh, don't take me wrong. lit has always been more about serious literature. But casual reading was always tolerated. You didn't have proper haters dissing people for enjoying other stuff. Things like that totally ousted any conversation that went down that line. You simply don't see people discussing children's literature anymore, since there is no one here that wants to discuss it. Everyone that did has left, and the occasional newcomer will post one topic, be discouraged by lack of interest and will go for good.

Did someone on Veeky Forums make fun of you or something? Read what you want OP, jesus, you don't need to make a thread about it. People who feel superior just for their tastes and opinions just desire validation, they belong in /pol/ or something

>You didn't have proper haters

Really? I mean I'm relatively new, but as long as I've been here this place has followed the classic Veeky Forums model of everyone shitting on everyone else in a desperate effort to feel better about themselves.

There are people on this thread right now who want to make fun of the things I read

How can people be elitist about something that they only read because teachers required them to do so when they were children?

Why do you care?

fuck japan

every now and again they love to insert their own bullshit pseudo philosophical garbage and act like they have the last word

it was also in welcome to the nhk and it was stupid then and its stupid now

I was on it from when it was created. But besides GRRM, Foster Wallace, and maybe King, noone else received proper hate. Again, it was much slower, you were basically forced to samefag certain topics to get a discussion started, so I guess people didn't even bother properly hating stuff that they didn't like.

Was a lot more fun, I still have a huge collection of never opened pirated books embedded in gif pictures that we shared among themselves.

Sounds nice, like there were the same overall number of decent posts but you didn't have to wade through cancer to find them. Oh well, what's past is past.

What part of welcome to the nhk are you referring to? And what the fuck does that have to do with Japan? Everyone has opinions, all opinions are presumptuous, the phenomenon is not unique to one country.

>There are people on this thread right now who want to make fun of the things I read

fucking where?

I hate you, I hate you so much. I just ended watching the whole thing and even now that I know that there is still stuff left for me to read on the manga I still hate you for showing me this. It's way past AM I should be sleeping like 3 hours ago but I stood awake watching this and man I can't fucking evne describe the feels this has brought. I hate you.

>anime
>putting the idiot in the righteous position
what did I even expect? Fashion magazine isn't literature, stop pretending you're 12 and reading Harry Potter - aka "starting out with simple books"

Fucking fashion magazines, god fucking damn

> Being this buttpained over an anime image

You realize that being an elitist only reflects badly on you, right? I wish I had realized as much sooner, just trying to help you here.

Relativist scum. Go back to liberal island.

Ok, please blow my mind with your proof that literary quality is objective.

Take your time, I've got nothing planned.

>Critique of Judgment
>A Philosophical Enquiry into the Origin of Our Ideas of the Sublime and Beautiful
>The World as Will and Representation

I'll provide you with an argument when you show the same courtesy.

My argument is that I've never seen anything to suggest that one work of art is somehow "better" than another. There are things I like and dislike, and things other people like and dislike, but none of it approaches the realm of objectivity. As for your sources, anyone can come up with a rigorous system for defining and measuring something, that doesn't automatically make the system valid.

Also:
>However, the judgment that something is beautiful or sublime is made with the belief that other people ought to agree with this judgment — even though it is known that many will not. The force of this "ought" comes from a reference to a sensus communis — a community of taste.
>the belief

As in, he has no way of proving that this should be the case. Thanks, but I'm content with my personal perception of beauty, I don't need to force it on anyone else.

Translation:
>If someone wants to slurp up hot wet shit, who I am to judge? Who are we all to judge?

>If someone would rather eat Twinkies daily instead of vegetables, what's the big deal? It's their choice. At least they're eating at all!

>If someone prefers to listen to construction site noises at 140 decibels rather than freely available classical music, who cares? It's their choice. You're just an elitist!

And I have met many people who cannot fathom the idea of moral nihilism being anything other than correct, yet here are 3/4 of all moral philosophers being moral realists. Your inability to even imagine how anything other than aesthetic relativism would work only shows that you don't know anything about aesthetics and are ignorant of the state of contemporary philosophy (since by a very wide margin modern aestheticians are not relativists).

The desire to read is not something someone should make fun of, but people reading easy shit like YA or women literature and then thinking that they’re intelectual or smart because of the books they read, is something you can and should make fun of.

Btw name of the cartoon?

didn't read the thread, but what direction are modern aestheticians moving toward at the moment?

I've heard the statistic about moral realists, and I'll admit it puzzles me, although you can probably just chalk it up to wishful thinking (or definitions such as pain = bad, which are somewhat disingenuous).

But anyway, I'm not talking about what people think, I know there are experts whose opinions differ from mine. All I'm saying is I've never seen a convincing argument for the existence of any ultimate good, aesthetic, moral, or otherwise.

If those things bring them pleasure, then yes by all means you should leave them alone. Great job on coming up with the idea to ridicule instead of presenting an argument, that's never been done before.

>and should make fun of.
Or just ignore them, if you don't feel the need to be childish.

There's more to this vast, great, and fascinating world than pleasure, and it's your own intellectual limitation on display in choosing to ignore that.

Your argument is the equivalent of "God doesn't make the laws, so why heed the laws of man?"

What's the name of the cartoon?

I dunno, image search doesn't come up with anything.

What more is there than pleasure? Where is the proof of its existence? And what makes the laws of man valid?

That's why I'm asking, fucking OPs that don't say what the names of cartoons are should kill themselves.

>Can't see it, must not exist!

What a bankrupt rhetoric. Here's hoping your existence isn't so bankrupt.

dude I already said the anime very early
Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou.

What's bankrupt about it? Seems like a perfectly reasonable question to ask, especially since you haven't even specified what this value that outweighs pleasure is exactly.

Thanks, upvoted.

I think difficulty in this case is a spook sustained by the fear people have of learning that their might is insufficient to read works which they (ironically) know nothing about; "complex" books are rarely all that complex if you give them some time, but as people are not willing to give them the aforementioned time, they would rather dub them as something unreachable than accept they simply don't feel like reading stuff that is considered worthwhile--and so they respond to shame with self-pity.

Have you tried reading a book?
Like some actual ethics?
It's idiotic asking for x on the subject when you even know where to look in this thread.

If you don't want to spoonfeed me, fine, I was just curious about why you hold the opinions you hold. I don't want a rigorous course in a system based on principles I don't agree with.

>he WATCHED Aku no Hana
Not him but I'm sorry. I really am. Maybe this will cheer you up:
youtube.com/watch?v=YWuzXg4O3lU&list=PLnT9nwzMcqlRYsYZcoSrWq7rLES9Kanjp

Enjoy the rest of the manga, it's pretty unpredictable, completely different from the first half and the ending made everybody go "wat".

Is the show really that much worse? And if so, is there any way a broke cunt such as myself could read the manga without buying it?

mangafox.me/manga/aku_no_hana/
1 minute google search

Thanks, sorry I don't know shit about this particular medium.

i kekked