Why is the average person so stupid?

Other urls found in this thread:

praxeology.net/zara.htm
thenietzschechannel.com/lectures/fed/fed-eng.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Who is the average person?

Some boogeyman op invented.

because your ideology conflicts with theirs

Public schools have to tailor their curriculum to accommodate the slowest learners.

jesus you guys are pretenious

it was a mistake coming here

Read Nietzsche's lectures on education. It's not hard to see why.

How could the average be stupid?

Unless you mean in relation to X?

dumb people breed a lot.

I think your average person in western society, lacking mental illness, has a good intellect. Your bottom 10% have a poor diet. They either work multiple shifts for pennies or lack employment entirely and thus self-responsibility. They often have to put on a hardened facade to avoid becoming victims in their neighborhoods. Their parents, role models and other adults in their young lives are usually addicted to drugs, alcohol and cigaretttes. And to be frank, thwir genetics are at times bottom of the barrel.

Capitalism.

the answer you're looking for that no person is going to give you is that average people are just average, you happen to be highly intelligent.
Honestly, try and read some first hand accounts of highly intelligent people. You'll probably find more in common with them than in the people around you.

Some people here are alright. The guys that talk big with fancy words and weird punctuation are the ones you should avoid. Generally they're high school kiddies, first year uni students and /pol/tards, constantly acting like they have something to prove. Don't give then any attention

No, as said, you invented a spooky boogeyman that you canĀ“t even properly define.

surely the average person is of an average intelligence

YOU NEVER SHOULDA COME HERE

And how do you know you're smart?

Because you do things that you're told smart people do, like reading?

praxeology.net/zara.htm

Because we want them to be. The Last Man is still the end goal of our civilization and we are getting closer and closer to it.

The soil of civilization is nearly denuded, there is no space for great trees to grow anymore and it's all our fault. We wasted the past 120 years or so bickering over how we will best achieve lastmanhood without taking a step back to really analyze what we're doing. Nietzsche is pilfered of the genealogical method and the rest neglected.

thenietzschechannel.com/lectures/fed/fed-eng.htm

For anyone interested

You are smart when you have contributed something large to science and or humanity.

Otherwise you are just a fuckface waiting to die like everyone else.

you answered your own question, pigfuck. they're fucking average

how arbitrary

The only thing arbitrary here is your choice in words.

Who cares, it's true. Who the fuck cares if you are smart enough to read lots of books and be a high level rhetorician against other people who have read lots of books.

If you are the kind of person who can contribute in any way to the progress of discovering what dark matter is, or the kind of person who can help further progress in the curing of cancer, then I will call you smart.

Otherwise you are just another human being, just because you have all these ideas and concepts in your head doesn't make you much better or smarter unless you have applied them. Wow, fucking congrats you are alive and have ea brain. Maybe if there were only 500,000 people on the planet you would be more special.

Are you implying that you have contributed to society on a larger scale, OP?

>trying to imply that science is inherently more "intellectual" than fields like philosophy
>on lit

you fucked up, buddy.,

At the end of the day that sort of thing is no more useful than writing a good book that might temporarily help stave off someone's depression, for example. Though, admittedly, it is definitely rarer to come across someone with mathematical intelligence than linguistic intelligence.

You have to be 18 to post here

No and I don't even want to, but I still think that is what a real smart person is. I don't think most people on Veeky Forums are ever a few extra steps smarter than the average man. Reading books can give you real big ego hard-ons that don't go away especially philosophy books. Lots of inflated heads on Veeky Forums. Anybody can become "smart" if they stumble into the right environments and take some action, but I always find that the legit smart people are born with unique gifts.

>people are useless except for when they do shit to prolong the lives of the useless masses

Yah I know I am real edgy, 2 extreme for lit desu. Don't mind me I am just a fool who doesn't know anything about anything keep on doing what you are doing don't let the world bring you down.

My bad, tumblr is that way.

I have a clinically tested IQ in the 99th percentile (142) and I feel stupid as fuck. People hate me. I don't leave my room anymore.

You aren't talking to the right kid kiddo I am right here, not once did I use the word "useless masses" but guess what you are apart of the "masses". Deal it with it homo. You aren't useless but you definitely aren't smart enough for me to call you special.

>anyone can become smart

i agree.

you seem like the type of person to unironically like stuff like andrew jacksjon jihad

>hurr durr youre not smart, youre not special, your a dumb part of the masses, oh me too lol, but ill still point this out b/c it makes me feel special in how analytical and critical i am

>IM TOO SMART FOR PEOPLE LOL ITS THEM THAT HATE ME AND NOT MY FAULT

guess what? almost everyone on Veeky Forums, a very worldwide popular site, is asocial. youre not special for "not leaving your room" you underage fag

I'm 31. I tried my entire life to fit in. It doesn't matter how smart you are. The only thing people care about is good looks and athleticism. Minds might as well not exist. Personality is nothing but a projection that people project on good looking and fit people.

You're 31 yet you whine this shitty, whiny /r9k/ teen drivel.

AJJ shreds dood.

>Why is the average person so stupid?
If this question ever crosses your lips, know that you've made an accurate observation about a group that includes you.

>you seem the like the type of person [ ]

These precious obvious vain verbal flailing posts when someone gets anally destroyed on the internet.

I speak the truth learned from experience. Deny away.

>t. virgin angry at the fact that his personality can easily be generalized based off of what he says

It was a hyperbole.

It's just dumb to say you are all dumb unless you are helping dumb people by doing dumb shit, when that is humanity.

Making discoveries beneficial to humanity can have absolutely nothing to do with intelligence, that's just making yourself useful.

> 99th percentile IQ
> Universal sociological truths can be ascertained from the anecdotal evidence of one (1) giant sperglord

Might want to get that IQ reevaluated bud.

Thanks for the link

In other words, "Just be yourself!"

>LITERALLY R9K

go back to your safezone circlejerk board

>tfw smart enough to not care about others
>tfw smart enough to understand my own ignorance
>tfw happy with my life
>tfw not jelly or envious of other people
Some day you'll remember this 'my intellect is fkn superior' phase you are having with regret

>I spent my life locked up in my room
>experience

It's undeniably true that looks affect perceptions, but there is certainly people who manage to circumvent their asthetical handicaps, rare as they may be.

Consider this: There is a 10/10 chad with a 8 foot cock and the body of a god, but he is an asshole; and there is a 10/10 chad with an 8 foot cock and the body of a god, but he is a really nice guy. Who would a girl chose when given the choice? It's debatable, but obviously there is more than solely looks being taken into account.

Personality doesn't exist. It's a social projection based entirely on looks and physique.

are u retarded

Mostly due to environmental factors, genetics play a relatively small part. I don't resent them though, I just try to avoid them. It's not that I even judge anyone on intelligence, it just makes communication harder.

AJJ is fun, if a bit silly at times.

You do realize it's possible to, you know, read? You don't have to experience society firsthand to have an idea of how it works. As for your example, it depends. A surprisingly large portion of normal people are effectively sociopaths.

It's a result of circumstances, but it most definitely exists. Looks and popularity do affect the perception of personality though.

It has to be bait, I don't think it's possible to unironically be that dumb

Listen to yourself.

What the fuck do you think creates personality? Hint: The reactions that other people have to you over time conditioning you to behave a certain way. And what the fuck are people reacting to? Your appearance. Looks are the only thing that matters.

Then why do I fucking hate you despite the fact that I have no clue what you look like?

Behavior matters at least as much as appearance. You're myopic as fuck, dawg.

Some, but certainly not all, of it comes from how people react to your appearance. But that's not the same as saying it "doesn't exist", which makes no sense at all to me. If you're saying it isn't the product of some magical essence that has nothing to do with your genetics or upbringing then yes, you're right.

Probably because you have a lot of unresolved anger about your own life.

Let's do an experiment. Let's take a 10/10 6'6" Chad, induce a coma, cut off his face so he looks like Mason Verger, starve him so he looses his muscle mass, cut off his legs below the knee so he's now a manlet, then wake him up and send him out into the world and see what everyone thinks about his personality.

>physical attractiveness is everything xD
t. autist

>all you need is confidence!

dank strawman m8

I agree with you. I'm posting evidence that "it's what's inside that counts". That other guy just needs confidence.

God is cruel and hates america

That has literally nothing to do with what I'm saying. I don't pretend to have advice about how to make people like you, I can't do that and I'm not even ugly. My advice is to lose the ressentiment and find something else to care about that isn't so upsetting for you.

>muh extremes
How autistic are you, obviously this advice isn't for fucking disfigured people

And what creates your behaviour? Socialization. Meaning pegging you into a certain social status through positive and negative reinforcement according to your appearance. If you're ugly people will treat you like shit your entire life no matter what you say or do. If you're good looking you can do no wrong. End of story.

>the gf when no face

Social status isn't (entirely) determined by appearance.

Your argument is invalid.

my bad boss, we speak truth.
the most disgusting and retarded pieces of shits on the planet bathe in vagina juice, plenty to go around

I'd say the average person is fairly intelligent, going off those I've met.
Most people live contented lives, get married, have children, and give back to their community in what ways they can.
Most cities and towns are not shitholes. Most people don't know anyone who's been raped or murdered.
Life is quite good these days if you're not living in a warzone or barren wasteland.
Chances are the worst you have to fear are heart attack and stroke.

You might consider not basing your opinions off the "news" and try going outside occasionally.

you don't know shit 'bout this condition of ours

Get back to me in 20 years when you're 70 lbs heavier with your face sagging off and bald. You'll have all the social status ($$$) you could ever dream of but people will still treat you like shit.

people treat people like people

>OP literally ask why the average human have average intelligence
OP is dumber than the average.

you need to realize IQ is mostly genetic and only 5% of humans have bigger IQ than 125.

120IQ is the bare minimum to be smart.

>muh IQ
define define define

>dumb people score high
a smart person will score higher than a dumber one.

You mean mental illness?

> Too pleb to spot a joke a mile away
Fuck /lit. What happened to you?

>people treat good-looking people like gods

ftfy

Face it. Unless you won the genetic lottery in facial aesthetics and regularly work out, it doesn't matter how many books you've read, or your IQ, or how many journals you've contributed to. If you're ugly or have an unshapely body, you're less than dogshit to everyone you meet, and they'll all let you know so at every opportunity they get until the day you die, alone, and there's nothing you could ever say or do short of tens of thousands of dollars of plastic surgery to change that. If you have any kind of disability you're not even human as far as most people are concerned.

>what is charisma

poltards are the last redeeming thing on this board

Charisma is when a good-looking guy says something that makes women giggle that would get an ugly guy maced.

She's beautiful. What's her name?

>I've never socialized IRL with women

The validity of IQ has been widely discredited through rigorous empirical research as a satanic tool designed by the diabolical goyim to proliferate the cirklejerk of autistic children

theorem confirmed
they don't, attractiveness often gets perceived as a threat for example, by people like you i imagine

you are literally crying about not being treated like a god, lmao

Most of the people I'm friends with are, like me, ugly or socially deficient in one way or another. The popular kids are sociopaths, but so are the Elliot Rodgers of the world who want nothing but to be accepted by the popular kids, and disregard everyone else.

Idgaf, people's dumbness does not concern me, im more concerned by their disgustingness.

The actual title of the thread is "Why is the average person so stupid in comparison to how I percieve myself?"

The last part was sort of a given though.

no, user, that's just a fortunate case of putting the smarts to a good use. A lot of smart people are "wasting" it in simply reading difficult novels and contribute nothing to society. That just means their smarts are not put to use. But it doesn't mean they're not smart. It's a capacity. A potential. Think of a supertalent in music that just grabs a guitar once a month and fiddles with a dylan song, instead of dedicating his life to pursuing composition, orchestral conduction, etc. That may be a waste, but it doesn't take away his talent. It's just that he's not using it.

Jesus Christ the look on that poor girl's face

>it is rarer to meet someone with mathematical intelligence than linguistic intelligence

Lol have you ever been outside?

>haha ur stupid 4 thinking the average person is stupid :^) i bet u dont have friends,

Don't kid yourselves, Veeky Forums. A conversation with your average Joe can never ever include too much history, philosophy, etc.
As Veeky Forums will gladly inform you ( and diagnose ).. That's 'autistic'.
So yes, the average person does not want to talk about any of that. He does not want to talk about the Brexit and its consequences. Perhaps, maybe, in passing... But in the end a neurotypical conversation ( if I have to believe Veeky Forums ) includes fun and relieving things. Like whatever some bloke did that broke his leg. Or how drunk one got and the stories that follow that intoxication.

COONTRIBUUTIN 2 DEH REST OF HUMANITAY THRU LAW MOWER DESIGNS N STUFF 2 DO WIT CONCRETE HAHA ENJOY STARBUCKS JOB LIBRUL ARTS MILO IS AT IT AGAIN XD

T. LE AMERICAN "dont SJW on me" ENGINEER ( 400k a year and massive 8 inch penis, 6'4 height, losers )

>hang out with mediocres all the time
>call me the smartest guy they know
>"isn't there anything you don't know???"
>know very well I'm a mediocre dilettant dork, even on boards like these

What frustrates me is that I am really unable to find anyone who is even remotely on my level or above... And I know very well there are tons of them, but I never meet any.

>Right Hegelianism

Intelligence is a mirage. There is only labor capacity.

you're wrong. many people have political ideas. the trick is to be really interested in what they have to say, and ask questions that make the philosophy, history, and politics of the every day come to life. people will blossom before your eyes if you water their souls.