What did he mean by this?

pic related

Veeky Forums is the cave.

damn...

He was telling them to read The Tunnel.

the internet is the cave

u got me real mad
nice work

dude have u ever noticed how we can't grasp the true nature of things?
FORMS LMAO

Absolutely accurate

It's true.

>muh samefag

>communism
>not ideology
i'm being jested

People who live in their own little worlds cannot be convinced of anything without they on their own taking a step towards the truth of this world.

Going to ask this here as well, as it's kind of related:

I was wondering if anyone here knew what these original paintings were called. All I remember is that it's about a little girl of royalty trying on dresses with a bunch of nobles around her, and a guy in the corner walking up a staircase to the light or something.

There are also 'tributes' done of it by other artists, like Dali and many other people.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

psy-ops

Was about to post this one too.

The cave is a world of particulars and desires. It's intemperate and complacent and apathetic and therefore people in it are chained and restricted. The people within it merely identify the shadows rather than inquire about them. There everything that is artificial, derivative, and transient is mistaken for truth.

Rising up from the cave is painful. Like Hegelian negation, the prisoner's real education is painful and destructive. The ideas are terrifyingly universal, immortal, and unchanging. Socrates attempts to pull people up towards reason so that they can retrain their eyes to see in its light. He does this by making them poke and prod the shadows so that eventually they detest their unoriginality and impermanence. Because it's so daunting to be faced with this true philosophy, most of Socrates's interlocutors become haughty and indignant. Even for Socrates himself the best he can do is know nothing, neither shadow nor idea.

No, that's not what it's called.

Plato literally invented communism

/thread

Las Meninas?

except for the whole rigid class system and praise of aristocracy

Yes! That's it, noice