So I just started reading 120 days of sodom

So I just started reading 120 days of sodom.

What the fuck am I reading.

120 Days of Sodom

Not your auntie's hymn book, is it?

10/10

I feel both aroused and disgusted.

It's getting more and more absurd and I've fapped two times and I haven't even finished the intro.

Don't bother reading that shit, it's a guro fanfiction

I will form my own opinion, I read a lot of those as a kid.

The film is better.

I just had terrifying nightmares of death do not read this book.

>I read a lot of those as a kid

If you feel aroused by the intro and already disgusted, you'll feel horrified and not a bit aroused by the time you get to the third part. I think this book was written for people who feel only a slight tingle of anticipation in the first two parts and start fapping only when the real fun begins.

The only quality (if you could call it that) the book has is the shock value it had at the time. It holds literally nothing else of quality. De Sade was just some edgy pervert in a jail cell with an erection and an inferiority complex

I think in my mind I want to feel disgusted and am hamming it up to hide my arousal.

Did you not?

Don't most kids go through a sadism phase where they read and write things like this?

No and no.

Uhhh, did I say something wrong?

>hey this scene is actually tame enough to try. are you in user?

you are going to feel guilty for fapping by the end

or you wont

I dont know you

is it the scene with the rat?

I haven't gotten to that bit yet.
How bad is it?

Have you ever met a girl who has read it?

Possibly. It's in the bookshelf of my brother and his wife. I don't know whose it is (or if the person who bought has read it).

They must be into some fun stuff.

I fucked a girl who had it on her bookshelf, but she was pretty tame and didn't smell great...

I'm guessing the smell thing came from that.

De Sade was fucking weird. I've read Juliet and Justine. Basically it goes like this:

>Monologue about morality
>Abhorrent sex scene
>Smug libertine explains the edgiest of edge philosophy about life
>Horrific sadism
>Repeat

I imagine de Sade sitting there knee deep in cum rags and stained philosophy pamphlets, furiously writing while jerking off.

I'm a girl who's read it a couple of times
I would never put it on my book shelf though (or read it publicly), that's just twisted.

I can confirm the rest of his books also goes exactly like that.

Wait there is more of this crap?

Philosophy in the Boudoir is one of his more edgier ones, in my mind. The ending is... rememberable.

Does he have any softer sadism stuff that could give one bedroom inspiration?

I like my partner continuing to not be dead.

>rememberable

>Does he have any softer sadism stuff
No.

fucking English how does it work

dumb anime poster

It's a pity, I like parts of what he does but it's overall too strong for me.

Pretending you weren't shocked by this book is what's really edgy.

>The first major scandal occurred on Easter Sunday in 1768, in which de Sade procured the sexual services of a woman, Rose Keller,[13] a widow-beggar who approached him for alms. He told her she could make money by working for him—she understood her work to be that of a housekeeper. At his chateau at Arcueil, de Sade ripped her clothes off, threw her on a divan and tied her by the four limbs. Then he whipped her, made various incisions on her body into which he poured hot wax, and then beat her.

I thought he was just a good writer.

I guess he actually was a madman

I didn't saw the movie but from the extracts that I saw, I don't really believe that it's a good movie. What is interesting about Sade is that he is one of the first person to talk about sex without any censor at all. Sade was re-discovered by the french poet Apollinaire who said that Sade was " the freest spirit that has yet existed". Sade is known for this, being the absolute expression of the individual in all his urges even the darkest ones. Sade is one of the first to show how dark human's desires can be. Today, it might not be impressive because we have Veeky Forums and all, but back at Sade's days it shocking enough to put him in jail for a big part of his life because people were absolutely horrified by what he was writing.

Sade is important for many things, but first of all because he is one of the first that had this ability to express himself without any shame, without any self restrictions even when talking about the most outrageous things possible.
Sade was also the expression of the desire of the individual above everything, even above other individuals.
Back in Sade day, the most virtuous man was the man that was sacrificing himself for others, a man that was full of moral duties. Sade, in opposition with his time, claims that in this world, the virtuous ones loose, and that the villains always win, because they don't care about anything but themselves.

The desires of humans in Sade's books are what lead peoples to be tyrannical, but Sade doesn't condemn this (that's why I don't like the movie, tell me if I'm wrong but it looks like a criticism of despotism), on the contrary, Sade claims that the best life is the life of the man who satiate his passions (especially his sexual passion), even if these passions are to be satiated on the expend of the others. Sade legitimate the dictature or, at his time, the aristocracy. Sade is also known for his modern atheism, his incredible writing and power of persuasion.
Sade is an extreme, it's pretty difficult to agree with him and probably impossible for some things unless you want to spend your life in jail like him. But he is still a very interesting and incredibly talented author.

Can't be much more awful than The Soft Machine by Burroughs. Someone here recommended it and only after reading for a good hour did I realize I was coaxed into reading homosexual idea salad.
About de Sade though... I can't wrap my head around shit snacking. I understand he was jerking off less to the action and more to the concept but fuck my nigga

It's pretty awful.

you think he was jerking off to the concept of dehumanization followed by the corruption of innocent souls more than the sadism in itself?

No, he was just a sadist.

You're not alone

Can you post some of your writings?