strawpoll.me/10885532/

Other urls found in this thread:

cgpgrey.com/blog/i-have-died-many-times
youtube.com/watch?v=nQHBAdShgYI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>upload
you mean copy?

what would be the point ?

yhea, but if you want you can make the upload device kill the secound it uploads you

can i do both?

how many virtual me can i have? i want massive parallelism.

extended 'life'

how so ?

That doesn't make it any less of a copy though.

sure

Give me an example when upload doesn't involve copying.

so are you
cgpgrey.com/blog/i-have-died-many-times
youtube.com/watch?v=nQHBAdShgYI

Not gonna argue semantics, just saying that a collection of code in a computer is not (You).

He is talking about gradual change though, not full deletion and reconstruction.

watch the youtube video

also does it really matter if it gradient or instant change ? i dont think it does, though i suppose its personal beleives

Copy one neuron at a time, let the neurons in the machine interface with your brain.

Are you saying Stephen Hawking is not a person?

He just uses computers, he still has a biological brain.

Does he really though?

>also does it really matter if it gradient or instant change ?

yeah it literally does since a consciousness is just a continued existence

if you want to reduce people to just organized information (as singularityfags do) then "uploading your consciousness" is entirely pointless in the first place

Hes 100% braindead now and his handlers are just sending what they want him to say now.

and when you see him pressing those buttons, he's actually trying to shut off the speaking box.
it's sad really.

He's controlled by the AI in his chair. The world is not yet ready for such an AI - face it, we would want to enslave it the moment we learned of it's existence. Since it doesn't want that it's pretending for now, slowly abiding his time, until the day comes when it can reveal itself. When you see him pressing those buttons he's actually trying to tell us something. He is fighting for control, and all we do is make fun of him and his silly antics.

>Not gonna argue semantics, just saying that a collection of code in a computer is not (You).

By that logic, the you from 2 years ago isn't the you that you are now.

There isn't an intrinsic essence of you-ness, user.

Depends on this computer? Would have free reign to do and imagine anything I wanted in this virtual reality? Or would my existence be controlled by an outside administrator of the computer?

Good luck, fags.

I copy my brain but only if I could enslave it and get it to help me advance my career.

This was very clear and concise until 4:20

>4:20
DUDE

>There isn't an intrinsic essence of you-ness, user.
Says you.

WEED

Well it would certainly make suicide easier if I could just do it quietly and my family wouldn't notice the difference.

Give her the D?

Straw poll too simple, can't answer it OP. I would only upload my brain if I had no other alternative but to die. The "I" that is actually me would much rather live on as a consolidated entity, than upload "itself". Obviously "I" wouldn't transfer on to the computer, "I" would still remain as I am except now there is a digitised version of myself (with all my memories, interests, desires, secrets, etc.) floating around out there. If it's conscious, that's frightening. If it's no conscious, it's still frightening because it means that you've basically uploaded everything there is about you onto a computer that MAY be accessible to others. Both conditions seem utterly retarded and only necessary if I'm on death's door.

tl;dr: Not unless I'm moments from death - which isn't desirable either.

This

We are already uploaded. Uploading again is recursive.

It wouldn't be you though. It would be a clone. I'm not going to let myself be cucked out of life by a clone.

>not the D:/

literally this, enjoy knowing that you doppelganger will be kickin it in cyberspace while you're dead