Utopian society

I ask this from a scientific point of view:

is it possible to become an utopian society like the elves or something like that? if yes, how?

yes
search for "Jesus of Siberia"

With a philosopher king, yes.

Do you know what "Utopia" means, as in its literal translation? It means "Nowhere", as in a place that doesn't exist. Let that sink in for a moment.

You can't force utopia on societies, such attempts invariably lead to dictatorships (cf. Berlin and his two concepts of liberty). No, Utopia will only ever be a real place one the people in the society are ready for it.

I think a sufficiently genetically engineered populace could have a utopia. Not humans as they are, though, the selfish little buggers.

Yes.

>But only in Aelfheim.

interesting

almost all philosopher are communists, so no thanks

i know what it means. that's why im asking. I know that a dictatorship isnt a utopia and that most of humans are bastards, that's why im asking what would it take to create a utopian society. if it is even possible.

yeah, this could be true. humans are shit. myself included. im quite egoistical and greedy, but i know this arent good qualities to have.

follow up question:

let's assume one can remove greediness and envy and other bullshit from humans, would this cause a fucked up person? like a person without survival instinct. if all the people turn into a bunch of pussies after that, dont know if that would be such a good thing after all

I'm gonna be called neckbeard for this but fuck it:

As long as women are how they are, utopia will never happen. Acquisition of resources and power (which is a conduit to the acquisition of women) is the primary driver human activity. Yes, there are people who genuinely enjoy learning philosophy but let's be real, they are a tiny minority. Unless you create truly autonomous robo-waifus that can give birth (or something to that effect), war and conflict will always exist.

>elves
>utopian

you expecting to be called a neckbeard loser doesn't make anyone not still think you're a total fucking neckbeard loser

>almost all philosopher are communists, so no thanks
>almost all
What're you on about?

Sure, you just have genetically engineer everyone so their familial empathy instantly extends to all of humanity, and so they have no individual ambition but still retain enough of a collective ambition to end all suffering... Or just genetically engineer out suffering and let them all rot.

Oh, you wanted a HUMAN utopia? No, not happening.

I mean, sure, we could do better than we're currently doing, and maybe one day we will, but things aren't ever going to be perfect, without some severe alteration to the core component.

>be elf
>be told that I'm living in a utopia
>everything I do end up in a failure
>everything but me and my race decades and die
>the magic of the world slowly disappear
>be forced to leave the middle earth
Nice utopia

If smartphone (a direct access to the entire knowledge of the whole human race) did not made the average person a better one nothing will

Well that response is nothing I didn't anticipate. But do you have a rebuttal?

>one elf made a couple precious gems that were so pretty they sparked a civil war between all the subraces of the immortal elven civilization
>one elf laid a curse on anyone who even knew about the gems that would bring them to ruin
>good at civilization at all

Greed is a natural evolution of instinct, millions of years of biology points to the fact that this is the current best we are. We can try to take a personal hand changing out genome but it makes no difference.

How about learning acceptance of what you are first before making bullshit conclusions of what you niggers don't even fully comprehend.

If we didn't come down from the trees to improve ourselves, why did we bother?

I mean, seriously, next you'll be telling me this defect where my eustachian tubes go through my *sniff* fucking nose is just something I should just accept and is the best we'll ever *sneeze* be.

he's talking about human nature and psychology of being a living being with a dopamine reward system not a fucking medical problem you retarded shite

And I'm talking about how this stupid haphazard design is causing my ears to pop cuz my nose is stuffed...

How about genetically engineering out this stupid useless appendix thing that kills so many people every year? Or curing cancer? Or maybe just filtering out the urge to murder people? Or create civilization so we don't get murdered by random roaming predators all the time and can feed ourselves?

Or would doing any of that rob us of "being human"? Do you have any idea how many primitive violent urges we suppress every day just to keep this beast running? Where do you draw the line?

but middle earth wasn't utopia Valinor was supposed to be.

No, not at all.

Why?

Because everyone is too different.

>humans doing typical human things

In more news: WATER IS WET!

Half the nasty shit that happened to the elves happened in Valinor.

Granted, after Valinor was removed from the world and the problem elves moved out it was probably a lot quieter...

>Humans
>Utopia
lol not possible

I tell you this from a scientific perspective:
fuck off