Nietzche and Christ

Just before he went mad Nietzche signed his letters not by his name but by "The Crucified".

>what did he mean by this

Extra point questions: Did he see Christ in Turin Horse? Did he accept his crucifixion in the form of madness?

>late life Christian conversions general

Horses can't be god

There's no evidence the Turin horse incident happened. It was probably made up to slander him.
It's not only a fraudulent story, but also plagiarism. The same shit happened in Crime and Punishment.

Nietzsche rejected the necessity of salvation but in the end realized that man does not live by bread alone but by the word of God. He tried to become Christ and failed. He realized that he could not even save a single horse, much less all of mankind, and that his writings were nothing but vanity. His madness was profound despair. Rudolph Steiner says that when he went to visit Nietzsche, he had a vision of one of Nietzsche's past lives, in which he was a tortured monk constantly whipping himself.

Nietzsche saw something that was by rights a slave (modern man) "holding the whip hand" over something which, by rights, was the master of the (natural world) - the horse.

The reason for this is twofold: firstly, because 'nobility' is essentially the highest standard Nietzsche holds in his post-Good/Evil thought, and horses throughout history have been deemed the epitome of noble - so much so that, even in lean times, non-barbarians will try to avoid even eating them. Combine this with his evident love of horses, as shown in his voluntary service with the Prussian artillery division in Naumburg, where he proved himself to be one of the finest riders (prior to his massive fuck-up injury/fall) - et voilà!

>His madness was profound despair. Rudolph Steiner says that when he went to visit Nietzsche, he had a vision of one of Nietzsche's past lives, in which he was a tortured monk constantly whipping himself.
did not expect a based answer like this

t. Ken Ham

>he still doesn't understand the significance of horses

>non-barbarians will try to avoid even eating them
the fuck did you just imply mate

It's obvious m8.

Nietzsche subscribed to the Ancient Greek belief that anything that was not in some way Greek, was necessarily barbaric.

He believed, for example, that Germany had its roots in Rome - with Rome having had its roots in Greece. Therefore he argued that German education should necessarily have its roots in Greek/Latin and the Classics - anything less was barbaric.

Nietzsche was such a fucking faggot. He and his works should be deleted from history.

Delete yourself from history.

Sure, right after I fuck your mom.

He was cuckoo
That letter was sent to King of Italy and referring to him as his son.

Nietzsche tore a pectoral muscle mounting a horse, this was what began sending his health spiraling into the abyss and as such resulted in him delving deeper in to philosophy. His sickness was his strength.

Nietzsche hugging the horse represents his ultimate embrace of fate (amor fati), his rejection of ressentiment.

That's like turning the other cheek bro.

delet this

noice

but can they be God?

Nietzsche was such an atheist edgelord that he bent the spectrum back around on itself and embraced Jesus.

Gotta kick the addiction before you go back as a casual?

It all bends back to him

Dali converted to Catholicism late in life

11th hour abuse. Nice.

Master card

Good shit, user.

There's this hilarious and simultaneously sad letter where Nietzsche believes himself to be God and claims that he went around clapping the backs of random people on the streets and saying (in Italian of course), "It is I who have created this farce."

>I go everywhere in my student coat, now and then slap someone on the back, and say: siamo contenti? son dio, ho fatto questa caricatura...

He also believed he was the incarnation every major historical (and religious) personage in history, from Christ to Napoleon, all of them ultimately being Bacchus/God come down to usher in a new age. Weird stuff, honestly, but he was so psychologically incisive and acute I can see how he thought himself to be God, one with God.

>Author Ayn Rand declared Corpus Hypercubus to be her favorite painting and she would spend hours observing it at the Metropolitan Museum of Art. She felt a connection between John Galt’s defiance over his torture in her novel Atlas Shrugged and Dalí’s portrayal of Christ in the painting.

Based Ayn and her objectivist aesthetics triumph again.

one guy, who I believe went mad as well, told me that Nietzsche, Artaud (who believed to be One who was crucified on Calvary) and others were punished by the God for denying him

>Nietzsche was an atheist
nice meme

How common is this type of thing outside of those brought up with christianity? How many hindus go back to their religion after dropping it?

Bipolar related?

>Nietzsche wasn't an atheist
even better meme

Let's not get carried away now

Rand fell for the Protestant meme

hindus don't have Hell so that's probably why

christianity creates eternal fear

I agree that Nietzsche was a retard edgelord faggot, but I don't believe that really happened. As said, it happened exactly the same way in Crime & Punishment

> as I said but none of you idiots replied to me so I have to remind you of my post

>Hindu
>religion
Hardly.

You're bisecting it wrong anyway. It's an Eastern/Western thing, not a this religion/that religion thing.
Westerners subscribe to belief systems, Easterns use belief systems to fit their personal sentiments

I haven't read C&P but base events occurring repeatedly with a different cast of people is part of Eternal Return and large parts of PK Dick's insights. This does not invalidate what happened to Nietzhe in any way.

See Girard's mimetic cycle too

>eternal return
user, that is a meme and not really related to the context. I like Philip K Dick, but he was a fiction writer.

What are you even talking about

Dawkins pls go

>the master of the (natural world) - the horse.

In what fucking Universe is the horse a master of anything that Man isnt

jesus christ

Delete your account.

>you bothered to reply to the worst post in based thread.png
choice

3deep5u

nice dubs

god damn that's that strong shit

Not what Nietzsche by "eternal return" meant, by the way.

>b-but time is a flat circle

no actually that's exactly what he meant, eternal return predates Nietzsche too

time as either non-existent, or truly infinite that it becomes 'irrelevant', which are the two sides of the same coin, no flat circle nonsense

what is this from?

does anyone know the book and paragraph/section/page number/whatever in which Nietzsche brags that his readers tell him that he has ruined other philosophy for them and that he takes great pride in that fact? I think it was Ecce Homo

>Homo
gay

twin peaks

thank you, I cherish you and I cherish our friendship

kys

worst fucking post
top shelf banter
read this you cuck clowns