Apologize

Apologize.

Someone post it

Okay. I'm sorry.

That book is unbearably white Tbh.

I didn't write this. Besides, how could I apologize without being alive?

Did you fall for the meme?

New to Veeky Forums here, is infinite jest a shitty meme or is there substance to it, reading a brief summary it seems to have the potential to be good.

There's one thing and one thing only that the mods could do to immensely improve the board, instantly, overnight, and that's facilitate more threads about David Foster Wallace. Create them, nurture the ones that exist, guide the discussions, and make sure they stay on track. If we're here to discuss literature, ultimately, we are here to discuss David Foster Wallace. There is no way for a person to grasp the full implications of Infinite Jest and not realize this. We're talking about the smartest man who ever lived. You must realize this. It's not a joke anymore. We're seeing the world degenerate further and further into chaos, and we're standing by and watching it happen. You want to fix this board? You want to fix the world? You want to fix your life? You need only take one step: read Infinite Jest. There is no substitute for hard work, and that's what Wallace requires of you if you are to understand him. If you are to understand not just him, but the world. We're not talking about escapist literature, fan fiction, genre nonsense. We're talking about saving our lives. We're talking about meditating on God. We're talking about communing with the primary presence. This is not an issue to be treated lightly.

/thread

Hi Jeremy

Just read the damn thing. I actually like it better than Gravity's Rainbow.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

if it's so good why does it have 4.3/5 on goodreads

Pull out his eyes

came to post this.

hhahaha

I haven't been on Veeky Forums for months. I come back today and there's Infinite Jest in four threads on the first page.

What gives?

Sorry mrDFW
The memes were just to funny

July 4th
Interdependence day jokes

*Aggressively tips beanie*

And but so

Have you read an unrefined manuscript of a novel? The book is set up like that.

There's a section for footnotes in the back, along with sub notes in certain parts of the book.

And are you sick of paragraphs, kind of like this, with weird sentence endings like this one?

If not, feel free to try out his shorter stuff. Or grab a digital sample since the amazon sample has sections from multiple chapters.

Interdependence day is november

James Joyce
Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
first or second page