So I found out there's a writing club at my college. Here's a vid they shot promoting the club:

So I found out there's a writing club at my college. Here's a vid they shot promoting the club:

youtube.com/watch?v=pAJaQt1Ol_0

They are having a meeting tomorrow, should I go Veeky Forums?

No, stay at home and write.

but, other people, who write and stuff...

>that nigger who barely caught the book

also yeah OP you should totes go if you wanna hear memewords like "flow" and "mantra" and have people read off some ebin instagram quotes about life

>:0:37
Fucking dropped
They probably praise J.K. Rowling and pleb tier shit
Don't go user, it's a trap

that's exactly what you DON'T need

they seem nice
you might be able to make friends there, or even get a gf

being the cynical outsider will only lead you into misery
don't listen to the losers on this site - crush your cynicism, embrace social life

you and I watched the same video, so I know you know that joining that group with those people will only ruin what promise in writing OP has

That's full of blacks and shitskins.

You should go and write about how shitty your writing club is.

fulfilling life with friends, women, family in the future > trying to get some shit edgy novel published which will never happen anyway because we're all victims of mediocrity

don't fall for the loner writer meme OP

Yeah, that's my general attitude. I just hate talking about myself and feel like that's what everyone will expect of me.

I'm I naive to think sharing my writings with my peers will help me improve as a writer? I'm so beta to accept unfounded criticisms.

>"writer girls" will fulfill you
lmoa
he should just write in his spare time and join some other kind of group for "fulfillment"

Yes, stick your dick in some black pussy

you're forgetting what college you go to
your peers are idiots
look at what they named themselves
just look at the video they made
they planned and participated in that

Am I naive to think sharing my writings with my peers will help me improve as a writer? I'm not so beta to accept unfounded criticisms.

fix'd

Fuck it then, I'll start my own club, with blackjack and hookers.

Maybe you should go to a meeting, see how you like it, and make up your own mind instead of listening to the opinions of a somalian turkey basting forum.

Go bāck to reddit

Look, a real writing club wouldn't even have a video
Who the fuck do they think they are, using pleb media to get pleb members

a real writing club would have made print ads. They should network with lit professors to get involved and have lit professors do the advertising.

>tfw want to make a patrician writing club
>have a meeting every other week
>decide on a topic to write
>have to write a certain genre or on a certain topic
>have 2 weeks for writing, hand to editor
>editor then chooses best, and publish it online
>editor role then switches to the next person
it'd be sick

>tfw patrician in pleb writing club
>awe and woo other members with superior writing skills
>rally the masses and rule said club with an iron fist
>disband current leadership and claim right to be the one and only leader
>draft resolution to end all further elections
>excommunicate pleb members
>tfw finally in a patrician writing club
>tfw only member left

If I made an edit of this video with "niggers" instead of "writers" and made it seem like a pro-white video would you post it in the facebook group?

with a fake account maybe

wouldn't go to something like that if someone paid me

>UCF
Top kek peasant

I'm on a full ride through scholarships and it's better than paying for overpriced patrician schools or working a shit job. Plus, it's relatively easy with loads of free time to read and write.

And where do you attend?

oh boy they even have an instagram. you should go OP, but treat it more like a congo trip into the heart of darkness

>tfw no Veeky Forums #InspirationalVoyages jar

Oh god, I definitely can't go now. I feel so bad for laughing at this shit.

You need to submit a sample of your work and be selected to join the lit society at my uni. They rejected me twice. I'm too scared to try again because it's my last chance.

I legit expected a "no white men allowed" disclaimer at the end.

Don't go, user. They look like the kind of people who write about "being a POC in the modern world" and "how difficult it is being the 99% in a capitalist society".

I don't think they'd appreciate anyone who hangs around Veeky Forums joining their group. You're better than that, user. If you want to join a writing circle, find one with older people in it. They might have cool stories to share. Or just make your own and establish from the beginning this isn't for plebs.

Pic unrelated

The... the cringe... oh my God... it's too powerful...
>uknighted
Jesus Christ...

I bet every one of those is TGI Fridays

If you genuinely believe you could have fulfilling relationships with these people, or get advice that would help you in some way, then go for it. I certainly wouldn't even think about it, but it's your choice.

>poo in the loo barely catches book
>awkwardly uprights the book

Jesus, they could've at least done another take.

AYO HOL UP

WE WUZ WRITERZ?

Better go to a coffee shop (as long as you live in a large city) and start some conversations with people that are writing

>writing
>A bunch of nigs and muds writing on clipboards under trees in a sunny campus
Real writing is a 300 year old snaggletoothed man in a sailors hat sitting in a bunker with the explicit intention of using his books to get coded messages to the surface.

Also UCF here, grad student though so I wouldn't associate with that shit anyway. Can't wait to move away from this shithole. What major are you?
Also glad to see there are no MFAs involved in that video.

UCF is full of them.
This, kind of. Nothing about how the club should work with the topics and shit, but go bother Poissant for some involvement. He's a nice guy.
UCF is very peasant tier. Only reason people go here is for funding or because they're stupid/afraid to be more than 20 minutes away from mommy and daddy.
Depends if you think Orlando is a big city.

Dunno man, but I go to this reading club in my city. Young chicks left and right (18-25) that read stupid books. It takes me one day to read the summary of their ridiculous novels (?) and then I go to socialize which beats staying Saturday evenings at home. Been doing this for months and now I have this cute petite girl that I have occasional sex with. She is so fucking fragile that I can carry her during sex and is fucking amazing and tomorrow I am taking her to the movies after this book festival.

I just realized that cynical emotional detachment can be overcame by the desire to cum inside a young pussy. Then again maybe I am falling for her too. Oh shit.

But I would never go to a writing club. That shit is for losers. And the people that go to those places are so full of themselves that I can't understand why any person with any talent whatsoever would show his face in those reunions.

I'm guessing at least a part of you is interested if you made this thread, so go ahead. You can always stop going if you realise it's not for you or you don't like the people. Most people in this thread are acting as though these plebs will tarnish your ability to write, but locking yourself indoors and browsing Veeky Forums instead will only achieve the same end. How many threads can you honestly say are worth reading here?

That first black chick probably has a decent clunge on her, at least.

/thread

Lmao at Veeky Forums acting as if most of its output isnt supreme garbage, I wouldn't feed my dog that shit

>But I would never go to a writing club. That shit is for losers.
>goes to Veeky Forums

Any writing club is decent if you know how to use it.

>Make friends
>get used to sharing your work and getting critique
>learn how to give meaningful critique
>learn how to interact with an audience
>git gud along the way

All of those things are considerably harder to pull off while circlejerking on Veeky Forums. Also, be reminded that many of the greatest writers received training and were very much active in their literary societies of the time. You're a goddamn fool if you think everything happens in a vacuum.

>garageband loops

>no racist comments yet
cmon guys its 2016

Veeky Forums only starts fights with cute, frail girls

pathetic

>claims to be an institution of higher learning
>nothing but brown people

Thanks user, good to know there's a published author on campus. I'll definitely hit him up sometime for advice and what not.

Also, didn't know there was a creative writing MFA program here. I'll try to get in touch with some of the grad students, should be better connections and resources and so on.

Just go to one of their Parcels readings during the school year, they're the second Sunday every month iirc at Stardust. Also, most of the MFA faculty have books out, he's just the one with the biggest publishing deal.

WE ARE KNIGHT

Looks more like a Black Lives Matter meeting than a writing club.

this looks like some autistic Veeky Forums board meet up. well, except, you know, too many niggers

So. For the anons who write, do you write in english or on your mother tongue?

I'm having doubts. I don't know If I should write my novel in english and try my luck on english amazon, or should I risk the domestic market here.

Portuguese is amazing for writing, but I can't say much about making a living on it, here in Brazil...

You can say less about making a living on it in Anglo countries. Something like 200 people make a living on their writing alone in the US, and of them I think maybe 20 of them write actual literary fiction. Also, unless you're the Brazilian Nabokov, it's highly unlikely you're near as good in English as you are in Portuguese.

they don't deserve to write with white students.

>So. For the anons who write, do you write in english or on your mother tongue?
I sometimes write in English, sometimes in Irish. The quality in Irish is fairly consistent, English varies a lot, from absolute drivel to bretty good. Irish is great for certain things, especially poetic language and flowery imagery but it feels less versatile than English.

No, I'm not Nabokov but I'm quite decent on both.

It's not like I'm trying to write a masterpiece.

I just feel that I could make some extra bucks with ebooks on Amazon and who knows, maybe make a living on it.

You'll need some data on this 200 people thing because I highly doubt it, buddy.

Every entry reads some variation of "shallow grave"

I'm pretty sure you can't just call any traveling a voyage.
also
>plethora

This.

Didnt watch your video because idc about your college, but even shut off solipsists and nihilists will eventually feel the 'world'/world.

It is Never what you know, it is who you know.

Fucking UCF?? L.M.F.A.O

KILL YOURSELF, ORIGINAL POSTER. USF. GO BULLS. 666 \M/ 666

USF is shit, are you seriously serious with this post? Go Knights etc.