Is it true that great thinkers also tend to work out a lot?

Is it true that great thinkers also tend to work out a lot?

Other urls found in this thread:

biography.com/news/edwin-hubble-biography-facts
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes look at all great thinkers of history from Socrates to Paul Dirac they all spent their free time in the gym.

Swolecrates

It seems like most of them walked alot and were generally physically active.. aerobic exercise is excellent for cognition

>Is it true that great thinkers also tend to work out a lot?

no. the swole nerd meme is a recent thing.

Surprise cardio helps blood flow

And your brain works with guess what blood

The whole concept of working out just appeared in recent history. Of course, warriors always trained for combat etc. but ordinary people just did their work/job and for people working physically that was enough of exertion. The concept of sport really appeared only in the 19th century (football clubs etc, boxing). And modern infatuation with fitness, jogging,... after the 1960s.

PS However, Turing is known for being a successful marathon runner.

When I lift I am pretty zapped so I can see it being hard to maintain. But I guess you just gotta time your study time correctly.

I dunno...Hubble was a pretty decent boxer.
biography.com/news/edwin-hubble-biography-facts

My brain works with oxygenated blood.

>who was Plato

>The concept of sport really appeared only in the 19th century (football clubs etc, boxing).

Wow.

holy fucking kek lmfao

ever heard of the olympics? you know, 3000 years ago you fucking retard?

also fuck this thread

This

Exercise is important now because our lives as so much more sedentary than our ancestors, so we're just trying to get to their level

What gratification do you people get from trying to educate random people over the internet on topics that you have literally 0 knowledge about?

>he doesnt know about Victorian leisure time

What you mean "you people"?

Except he's right. The whole fitness craze thing is definitely a new thing. Spectator sports are by and large less than 150 years old.

>my brain works with blood

>Spectator sports are by and large less than 150 years old.

>physicist
>great thinker

pythagoras of samos was a champion athlete

turing was excellent runner

black science man used to be swole

mostly great thinkers have been chunky, super skinny or skinny fat.

>the Romans used to kill each other in the collosieum and sometimes do mock ship battles therefore football, hockey, baseball, and basketball aren't less than 150 years old

woah, look at those goalposts go!

obligatory

and yes, all of the great thinkers of history were shredded. great men and great thinkers were indistinguishable until only very recent history when technological innovations allowed for weaker men to thrive intellectually.

>row in the fleet
Wasn't that done by slaves?

>goalposts
They obviously haven't been there more than 150 years ago.

>gay philosophers with homosexual tendencies worked out
>therefore all mathematicians, scientists, engineers, etc., worked out.

>gay philosophers with homosexual tendencies
You forgot to mention that these faggots fucked men in the ass on a regular basis.

>you forgot
No, cause that would make me appear homophobic.

>Chariot racing and gladiator fights aren't spectator sports