Rejecting the human condition:

Is there any author or philosopher/thinker who has written with the idea or notion of willfully and deliberately rejecting the human condition due to its repulsiveness.

Here I shall define what I mean by "the human condition" and "repulsiveness":
By the human condition I primarily (but not exclusively) mean the lack of any meaning or purpose and yet being stuck in a perpetual state of activity and will driven partly be inescapable primitive wants and needs and partly by whatever narrow worldview we adopt over our lives. How disgusting and utterly loathsome it is to someone who feels compelled to seek out companionship while knowing that he might not get it. That we debase ourselves to ensure that our wants/needs/spooks go satisfied.

Did anyone ever write about rebelling against this slavery? The slavery of the human condition which restricts us to our despicable selves? I know there are a lot out there who think of themselves as splendid beautiful beings but they haven't seen their natural state: one that exists without distractions that bring happiness or pride or confidence which are things that blind us and take away our self awareness and lucidity.

I feel that in the absence of any clear purpose or meaning to anything, the only thing that one can do is feel repulsed at one's state and then choose to rebel against it by rejecting the human condition. Only then can one rise above the human condition. But what would such a rejection look like? I feel that the only answer would be suicide.

Please tell me if there's anyone else who had any similar ideas.

Other urls found in this thread:

wikiwand.com/en/Absurdism
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philipp_Mainländer
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This is Absurdism.

wikiwand.com/en/Absurdism

Nowhere in absurdism does it talk about one's repulsion to the human condition and the rejection of it through suicide.

Camus attempts to argue against suicide but fails spectacularly. He poses the correct question : "does absurdism dictate suicide?" but never really commits to giving an answer to it because he believes that life can be made worth living and he believes in other spooks like freedom and passion. A more realistic/pragmatic person would not see "freedom" but would see slavery to the human condition and the ugliness of it. The repulsion to that ugliness and the need to break free from it after becoming aware of it would drive one to suicide as a consequence. Free from a horrible, abject existence.

The ugliness of slavery to the human form/condition becomes apparent only to those who are self aware and only those who aren't distracted with any happiness can see things for what they really are. See things in their natural state.

Consider a man without much. He begins to need and want food, water, companionship, love, affection, tools, knowledge, entertainment, sleep. All he does is want and need. He becomes aware of these needs and becomes aware of his state and the things he is willing to do to obtain or satisfy these needs. He will realize that he is nothing more than just these needs and wants and that his entire volition is driven by them and in the absence of any greater purpose, he can do nothing but cave in to these needs.

OR in the ultimate act of rebellion against this state, he could commit suicide.

You sound like someone who cannot understand something unless it is made painfully clear, or you're just a pseud.

Freud

OP you bring some good points, and your conclusion to escape the human condition; "suicide" is everybody's initial go-to, because it's the literal "opt-out" idea which only grows in emphasis with every thought, seeing as it's an action that you probably haven't experienced.That being said, before I attempt to illustrate a path you should follow in order to penetrate the vortex of baser thought, out of which few manage to escape, I would like to personally congratulate you on the fact that you've approached the limits of academically-rooted critical thinking, to the extent of individuation.

A post above me suggests that your thoughts point to absurdism, but absurdism is just another rift off of existentialism and blahblahblah... if you wish to speculate on an amateur-level, go read a platonic dialogue.
~~~
Misha's (me) short guide to paradiso.
Personally, in this point in my life, I silently preach mysticism bordering theism.
I have not read a book in the direction because I suppose that life is the book in that direction.
How does it go?
~ Believe in God
~ Stand up for your beliefs in a public setting
~ Be homeless for a week
~ Let go
~ Love to give
~ Avoid drugs, especially hallucinogens
~ Immerse yourself in the history of Art
~ Find the Artistic niche that your mind can relax in
~ Protect your mother
~ Love money more than women, always
~ Recognize your baseness in desiring
~ Practice kindness
~ Those crazy tangents which you feel in Art, follow them
~ Learn to dance with Life, rather than against it
~ Accept

~ Look back and smile
It is really that simple, no book will instruct you betterwise, you are smarter than the masses, no be smarter than yourself. I believe in you.

Isn't escaping the human condition the whole point of buddhism ?

You're spooked, m8

AYYYO DUDE KILL YOURSELF LMAO

Most forms of mysticism are very heavy on non-attachment, and very strongly opposed to material hedonism of any kind. I don't know if that full fills your notion of rejecting the human condition, but I suppose in ways it's similar.

The problem with that is: if you simply turn away from all sensual pleasure you're left with a life that sucks even more dick. That's why pretty much every form of mysticism rest on the backbone of ecstatic practices. Jhana, Dhyana, Samadhi, equivalent Western concepts found in the works of Christian mystics, etc.

People are very unaware of this aspect of life, but the potentiality for an experience better than sex and drugs is right under their noses. If you're really that despondent towards life I suggest you look into these practices. These days it's very easy to find (good) material on Jhana (a Buddhist meditative practice), and Yogic practices.

Did you just post your name? What a total fucking looser you are. Leave here.

Escaping the human condition is a variation (albeit unusual) of the human condition. Attaining death is impossible for all existence depends on life, meaning death is non-existent. If you say "I wish to not-exist" you are saying there should be a subject (existence) which partakes in non-existence. This is the paradox of life.

It can't be escaped.

Swearing on an image board, how cliche

t. Starting not starting with the Greeks

Do not wallow in the baseness of the physical world, user. Love and beauty are available to you, if you merely seek them out. Open your eyes.

Without a doubt THE gayest shit I've ever read. Saged, hidden, and reported. FU

This is why existentialism is not philosophy m8s. Don't inherit your worldview from som 19th century edgelord.

Sounds like existentialism to me tbqh fampai...

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philipp_Mainländer

The full guide to garbage existence

I knew a bitch named Misha, she was fucking gross like this post senpai

>girls named Misha

As a slavshit this pisses me off. Misha = Michael
It's like a slav naming his daughter Ricky or something.

>you sound like someone who cannot understand something unless it is made painfully clear

why do you say that? I ask because I suspect that too.

Some of the more specific and arbitrary things you've listed are unnecessary restrictions, but kindness and acceptance are good things to strive towards.

>I have not read a book in the direction because I suppose that life is the book in that direction.
>~ Love money more than women, always
>~ Recognize your baseness in desiring

you cant make this shit up

OP here.

What the fuck are you on about. You missed the entire point of my post. I do not need your guide to paradise. I do not want a self help book. I feel repulsed by our compulsion to these pursuits (such as that of an ideal existence called paradiso). That we ought to do this and that to ensure that we don't return to our natural state of anguish and dissatisfaction.

I detest the chase of happiness and the inescapable nature of it. I detest the human condition because it compels us to act in set ways to achieve set goals or else risk remaining dissatisfied and in pain.

The consequences of such a detestation are what I intend to explore (and believe that suicide could be one of them).
Read my goddamn post again.

Read the above passage. I am not jaded with the lack of love and beauty. But jaded at the fact that we're slaves to them and lack any freedom to grow above them for a higher purpose which does not exist.

Our search for love is no different than a rat's search for discarded cheese in a sewer. utterly repugnant.

Thank you. You seem to be the only person who has provided something that might be useful or at least understands the sentiment I intended to capture.

>If you say "I wish to not-exist" you are saying there should be a subject (existence) which partakes in non-existence

I claim that choosing nonexistence might be the only act of rebellion that an individual can commit in response to his repulsion to the human condition and rejection of it.

This state of non existence can be achieved if the subject (which is the individual's consciousness) partakes in non existence. This can be achieved.

Searching for love is misguided, as are you. Love and beauty are to be given and appreciated, not scrounged for desperately. They are the soul of contentment, they put an end to searching. If these things are not purpose enough for you, you have never felt them. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt by saying all this despite the fact that you're most likely putting on airs to appear cynical and experienced. Either way, I wish you happiness user, as little as you may wish it for yourself. I hope one day you'll look back on this and laugh.

I'd be surprised if you hadn't heard anything about Schopenhauer, because your post is very highly reminiscent of his pessimism.

Your capitalization of art says more about your sentiment towards it than all your buzzworded autism combined, why can't you just state your idea of the essence of art or something and explain its significance from there if that's what you're going for?

Looking at this thread, it sounds like you're just looking for someone famous to give you the greenlight to kill yourself. Why not just go for it already?

>I feel that in the absence of any clear purpose or meaning to anything, the only thing that one can do is feel repulsed at one's state and then choose to rebel against it by rejecting the human condition.

Why? How is this not the most repulsive of all choices? In fact it is literally the only repulsive choice, you are freely transcending toward a state of repulsion. Human existence is the freedom to constitution a situation, use that freedom in a way that transcends the easy allures of despair.

What you want you want is a meaning that transcends all meaning, this is not something which can be achieved or even conceived of, by definition. So why do you choose to transcend toward a limit? The limit is something you yourself have created in your overarching project of 'nihilism' or 'feeling powerless'.

You cannot reject the human condition, not even by suicide, but you do have the power to constitution in what way that condition is to be realised.

This was who I thought of immediately. What a guy.

You have to learn to love and give. To give and love:

In the words of John Green:

Love is that which puzzles us and moves us to new and greater depths; it impulses us towards living in the present and caring. Caring and giving, giving and caring.

Also remember what the beatles used to say "all you need is love".

Embrace the present moment, embrace who you are.

From man to man, let go of toxic ideas and you know what, just do it.

Be who you are.

We are all one.

Our passions send us signals that guide us.

Try starving yourself to death, lock yourself in a room with an apple next to you and see if you can manage to die of hunger. If you succeed, then you've really risen above the human condition. If you can't resist the urge to eat the apple then accept that you're just a fucking human being and there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Love may be meaningless in the form of a platitude, but to reduce it to that form shows that you haven't experienced it.

all conditions are an enslavement simply because of the law of identity.

You cannot conceive that which isn't itself. Everything must be unrestrainedly tied to itself, even if you attain a new condition you will be tied to describing/perceiving/feeling that new condition as necessarily equal to itself and therefore you will be enslaved to it.

All change is composed of is enslavement to new conditions, and some changes are rapid enough to make us believe we never pertain to any particular condition, yet this is nothing more than an illusion.

>In the words of John Green

or maybe it would only prove he really doesn't like apples

This thread really lived up to its potential.

>Not taking psychedelics for the aesthetic splendor and to further your human development.

Mate...

Some mcnuggets then.

but he argued that commiting suicide affirmed the absurdity, therefore it's no good to kill yourself

So have you.

Yeah but Schopenhauer gives us no way out. Even suicide is useless as the Will continues infinitely and will always produce conciousness. And as we are merely differentiated in phenomena the destruction of ourselves as individual phenomena does nothing to reduce the pain and meaningless and striving of conciousness present in humanity which we are all part of as the Will. We can literally never escape. Pretty horrible thought desu

Don't believe everything you read.

korzybski

Well to be honest schoopy's system is contradictory in the area of suicide. I think it was his way of being PC in his own era. Advocating for suicide seems incredibly uncompassionate and radical for the most part, specially if it's the best result of a system of philosophy you spent your entire life affirming.

Basically regressing to inferior leves of individuation (becoming lifeless matter) can't completely eliminate suffering because everything is constantly struggling against everything else. In this way he seems hilozoistic or animistic. But the fact remains that you greatly reduce the suffering the more primitive you are. For this same reason he said that humans are more miserable than animals, and smarter humans more than dumb humans.

When he said that you can't extinguish the will through suicide i feel as if that's an easy way out because it's just one strong instance of utilizing your will in exchange of regressing to a much less conscious and suffering-prone state of existence.

His explanations were cop outs.

>Stirner is now on ifunny
The meme is officially dead

You're missing a crucial part of his system; denial of the will can occur in those people who are so identified with, and so disgusted by, the whole of existence that their will neutralizes itself rather than continue willing what its confronted with. This is the only escape from the will-in-itself and from its appearance, the world - though we have absolutely no way of picturing the nothingness that such escape is "to."

>taboo 'gainst naming

Adorno's fanboi detected.

That ubi roi soft.

Jerry shall have his day.

1. I haven't read Adorno.
2. I haven't read Jarry, in case you were mistyping references to him.
3. What the fuck???

>sentimental apostle of virginity
That was before the atom bomb. We now have the technology to end human life forever.

using the word "an", how cliche

What an idiot

Endgame
n
d
g
a
m
e

describing a system is tantamount to building one

describing the utopia is forbidden as to the processial bracings of materialist philosophy. Kabbalic shadow.

>Is there any author or philosopher/thinker who has written with the idea or notion of willfully and deliberately rejecting the human condition due to its repulsiveness

I have a question, too: is there any philosopher who didn't see human nature as flawed? I feel that every philosopher considered humans "repulsive" to some extend. Plato seemed to think that humans aren't inherently lacking. At least some of them.

Honestly living in a virtual video game reality while my consciousness is preserved for thousands of years doesnt sound so bad. Accepting this though, in my opinion, is more pessimistic than any crusty german could think up.

>That was before the atom bomb. We now have the technology to end human life forever.

Not according to Schopenhauer. If we nuke ourselves extinct, it will only be temporary; the will-in-itself will continue to objectify with the (Platonic-like) Idea of Humanity as its highest expression, making the re-evolution of our species inevitable.

The only way out is by renunciation.

Clearly Schopenhauer was no biologist.

He actually knew quite a lot about biology, and studied medicine at university before switching to philosophy. He died in 1860, so his understanding must of course be judged in its context - just as the future will hopefully be fair in judging contemporary biological ideas.

Fuck you

>in the words of John Green

Why do you say that, user? What is the source of your anger?

>wew

That's stupid. Why do I care about affirming the absurdity? I am just uncomfortable and want to stop being uncomfortable. Its pretty simple

Why would you feel that you were owed comfort by life? or that a lack of comfort is worth dying for?

>But what would such a rejection look like?

Misery. It is the only respectable occupation in this life.

He lived in the same era as Darwin and Spencer. The very suggestion that human beings could develop again is fucking ludicrous to anyone who understands evolution. It's the same misconception as when people say they didn't descend from a monkey, or demand to know when the apes of today will become human beings. Laughable.

>lack of any purpose or meaning

Both purpose and meaning are out there, if you want to find them. If you'd rather post about "spooks" on an anime image board, that's your call too.

Your puerile life-apolegetics and cultist mentality

Is there some sort of mandate to exist that I'm not aware of?

No, i'm just saying that you seem to find a lack of comfort worth dying for, obviously it's your choice.

The reason Schopenhauer's system implies that humans would develop again is tied to his metaphysics; yes, to us his metaphysics can seem antiquated, and yes, it's probably quite different from the cosmic viewpoints that Darwin and Spencer took. But if you were to understand Schopenhauer's whole system, you'd see that he doesn't make this claim out of nowhere, or without careful consideration; it's anachronistic to judge the ridiculousness of his ideas by the standards of Darwinian evolution when he had almost no reason to agree with Darwin.

Given the logical incongruty of free will its difficult to reconcile with any value system apart from hedonism. The self is really just an experiential receptacle and if there is a clear trend towards an overall poor life experience, it must become preposterous to continue living beyond a certain threshold of mental turmoil and anguish.

Again, I'll say: if you've felt genuine love (NOT referring to romantic love btw if that wasn't obvious already), there is nothing puerile about it. I apologize for nothing, I'm merely offering you the happiness you say you don't want. As for being "cultist", I suppose you're right; it's wrong for me to assume that others are capable of experiencing what I do. I just hope that they are, for their sake. Anyway, I won't try to push anything on you, I'll just let the offer stand.

You guys are fucking stupid, rejecting the human shell for its brutish, slovenly nature is literally the crux of Christianity. OP it's time to turn to Jesus, oh wait you won't do that because you're an edgy teenage faggot

lol god damn, I mean Sufjan makes some good music and all, but he is such a gaylord

You should tell him that, I'm sure he'll be devastated.

>it must become preposterous to continue living beyond a certain threshold of mental turmoil and anguish.

That's an individual decision. And many people find something worth caring about more than pleasure or pain, rational or irrational, logical or illogic is besides the point, how would you be able to conclusively show that it's the logical choice under every set of assumptions?

why would I tell him that? He would probably just play E-minor chords on his banjo at me and start looking perpetually like he pood a little in his corduroy trousers

I mean we're trying to equate the slow and sure work of entropy and the total disintegration of your entire being to the interstital highs, the brain stewing in its own opium. There is no realistic comparison and the more you invest in life, the more you must inevitably lose.

>the more you invest in life, the more you must inevitably lose

There is nothing to be lost without life.

>There is no realistic comparison and the more you invest in life, the more you must inevitably lose.

But if death is nothing, then the only something to invest in is life, If you wish to be something rather than nothing, then this is an easy choice.

You've read too much Ligotti and now you're spooked, in both senses of the word. Go outside, take a walk, watch some shitty TV show. Get over yourself.

>muh pseudo science

I am over myself, that's why the only action I can justify is suicide. I mean, sure I am a totally superfluous non-entity. So why the fuck would I want to spend some arbitrary interval existing, ameliorating all my appetites, experiencing boredom, anxiety and depression when I could just as soon be dead? Why would I want to work a 40 hour week into perpetuity and deal with all the mundanity of quotidian life. I would have to be a chump to go along in bad faith with this sort of mass delusion that life must be great because reasons. I think its all these people who cannot even imagine the world without them that need to get over themelves.

you're a miserable nigger who needs to get laid and enjoy the little wonders life gives us. Stop being spooked by a bunch of miserable shit.

Whatever you say, my friend. Your self-seriousness is amusing, but I do genuinely hope that you find some satisfaction, in the form of suicide or whatever appeals to you. I'd suggest Leopardi as someone who shares your views and hasn't been mentioned yet.

It's not for me to say whether your professed inability to enjoy life is your own doing or not, so no more advice from me. Have a nice life.

>I would have to be a chump

Yeah, you are totally over yourself user

Yes, it's pseudo evolutionary science, and I don't believe it's true. That doesn't automatically mean it's uninterestingly argued for, or laughable.

>you need to get laid

I am or at least was exceedingly attractive. I've gotten laid a ton of times. Its not a fucking panacea

guess what cunts

if you le kill yourself Naturre will just rebuild you (energy) into mold or a sea lion

thete's NO escape

wrong - this is WRONG

WALLOW in it, WALLOW in the revolting depths of your animal self

until you LOVE it

abstaining is an anti-life spook

you dont quit existence

Schopenhauer would post in Pee Pee Poo Poo threads if he was around todat

Pessimism is a mental disorder

ALL IS FULL OF LOVE

yes buddhists

you see his nose? the straightest part of his body

>the Will

imsorry, what?

so? consciousness stops with death, and that's what concerns me. The fact that the molecules that I consider to constitute myself will continue existing doesn't bother me in the slightest; I don't lament the fingernails I cut