Who is yalls fav english-language poet?

who is yalls fav english-language poet?

ur mom faggot haha

>hair tied up in the shower

B-Real

It's kind of fucked up that the guy is thinking about naked little kids in the shower

Pound

le pretty boy
yeah what the fuck op

I like Yeats but also Keats, Pound, T.S. Eliot, in general I think English is one of the best languages for poetry. Maybe only French is superior in this respect.

What's up senpai

>english
>language

for real tho...

>bold in the shower

women are simply inferior, beautifully illustrated by your picture.

women think only about Chad cock while men are think about the universe and existentialism

viper

Sylvia Plath

Emily Dickinson

Come @ me

The little girl ripped her clothes off because they were covered in napalm and she was on fire

>women
>in charge of acting rationally

nice try, cuck

who ur'e quote

Hey, I'm a not english native but I'm expanding my horizons as of late.
I would love to find a favourite english poet. I was thinking of reading T.S. Elliot but asides from that I'm uncertain. What would you guys recommend me? Obviously I will read it in english.

>T.S Elliot

only one L my man

Even without the Waste Land he's the best English language poet of the 20th century. In two pages of verse Eliot made one of the most painfully tragic, current and resonating characters of the language. If Shakespeare invented the human in his Elizabethan verse, Eliot invented the modern man in his. Indecision, sexual frustration, ennui, lonely nights, painful memories, you can feel the tears rolling off the page to use a cliché. The Hollow Men's last line, "This is the way the world ends, not with a bang but a whimper" is so evocatively predictive history and society's current direction.

The Waste Land is of course his masterpiece but having a full understanding of it will force you to crack open an Anthology of English Poetry.

Which poets do you like in your own language?

maxi pad

Morning at the Window

They are rattling breakfast plates in basement kitchens,
And along the trampled edges of the street
I am aware of the damp souls of housemaids
Sprouting despondently at area gates.

The brown waves of fog toss up to me
Twisted faces from the bottom of the street,
And tear from a passer-by with muddy skirts
An aimless smile that hovers in the air
And vanishes along the level of the roofs.

I think it's better than Prufrock, honestly.

>one-time tried to come in my home, take my chrome, I said "yo, it's on"

I'm not a poetry expert but Frost gave me feels and Coleridge is pretty tough to beat. Also, the Englishman who translated The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayam did a pretty swell job.

Oh please. I will allow that The Waste Land is one of the contenders for greatest poem of the 20th century, but Eliot as a poetic power, as a Longinian Great Soul, is clearly surpassed by Yeats and, I would suggest, Pound. Eliot ultimately lapsed into easiness in his poetic idiom, and so cannot be taken as the best poet of the last century. As for the inventor of modern man, that is clearly more a title to be bestowed on Joyce than on Eliot. Prufrock is a representation only of the modern libido: Leopold Bloom is a complete person and a creation to rival Hamlet. In fact, I would say that Joyce is the greatest poet of the 20th century; it's just that one of his Modernist innovations is not to break up the lines.

I really don't want the details of your fantasy, dude.

I like James Dickey

I don't think he's ever going to be canonical or anything but Falling and Song for the Last Wolverine are two of my favorite poems ever.

>the waste land is his masterpiece

lol. pseud retard.

I agree that that guy's retarded, but u can fite me if you think the rag bag that is the Four Quartets can beat the ultimate cry of despair that is The Waste Land. Burnt Norton and Little Gidding are certainly masterpieces, and also possibly East Coker (The Dry Salvages I take to be mere evangelism), but the high point of the Four Quartets--the ghostly encounter in Little Gidding--is where it most nearly attains the former greatness of The Waste Land and The Hollow Men.

Get educated pleb. Famous photo from Vietnam war. Won a Pulitzer.

>pictures of naked little kids are okay because old white men said it is
Yeah okay. Whatever spook you need to justify your fantasies with.

who the fuck wears pigtails in the shower
is this supposed to be chastity lynn

perfect

What did she do to you user?

ima go to the book store tomorrow and get some books on poetry, i only speak english so please recommend some good english poets and some good non-english ones w/ preferable translators.

the greeks

shitposr

s h i t p o s t
h
i
t
p
o
s
t

Quevedo
Gongora
Juan Boscan
Miguel Hernandez
Antonio Machado
Basically all spanish golden age and post civil war
But I don't think that I will find the level of ingenuity that there is in spanish legendary poetry in english poetry. I believe every language has something that exceeds in poetry and I want to start reading english poetry to try and find what resonates within it.

In my university course on mondern poetry, as well as the Yale open course videos for the same subject, all modernist poets are compared to Eliot and to a lesser degree pound. It is clear that he is THE modern poet.

Try John Donne, George Herbert, Andrew Marvell and the other "Metaphysical" poets. They heavily influenced the 20th century modernists like T.S. Eliot, Ezra Pound, Wallace Stevens, William Carlos Williams, Amy Lowell, Hilda Doolittle, D.H. Lawrence etc. who you also might like...

That pic is bullshit. The average man is no less vapid than the average woman

Besides the obvious I really like Hardy

you mean you dont?

Poetry after the Illiad is pure degeneracy

Chiraga Saiya. he's a philosopher and writer. seriously you should check out his work. it's proper deep.

and he loves it when you share it

poetry is fucking gay. your fags.

this but unironically

this but ironically

This desu

>women
>caring about family and friends

>men
>caring about fucking and video games

Who's the more noble sex, really? Men are soulless.

I don't necessarily have a favorite poet, but I do have a favorite English poem. Ulysses by Alfred Lord Tennyson. I know it by heart and I've always found it uplifting as fuck

"bold" scalp >>lit
damn

It's nothing to do with what either gender is, it's just marketing making people more reliable consumers by telling them what they want and claiming it's because of something they can't control.

Women can be engaging and men can be protective.

But your shitty illustration of mostly worthless people just states females like mindless celebration and men like to engage and battle.

>you will never be a girl

thank god

LE FELL WEWN I DOn't have a girl frenn

William Blake. Such strange poetry.

ol' Billy

Sexton or C. Rossetti. Olds would be third.

Don't act like you're above it when girls and vagina is probably all you have on your sad, distracted brain.

watashi wa watashi

you. I like you.

I have to agree with this, though I appreciate his prose a lot as well. He was legitimately nuts, but a lot of what he wrote regarding theology and cosmogeny was pretty insightful.

bitch detected

ROASTED@@@

Tennyson is bland as fuck dude

i think he must have been a eunuch desu

>implying the man one isn't TITS PUSSY TITS PUSSY TITS PUSSY

kek'd

good post in Utena thread.

Robert Browning
Granted I don't read all that much poetry

Keats

dohohohohoho

Shakespeare and Donne

>litizen confusing restraint mastery for blandness
how predictable

woman detected

Is that a bear?

I'm quite new to poetry myself, but Wordsworth is quite easy to understand and analyze. Comfy poetry.

>getting all hot and bothered in the shower when I'm there for the express purpose of getting clean

>female facebook posts

Men shoot the shit on normie social media, women cultivate a false image. It's all shallow anyways.