Booooooooooooooooring

booooooooooooooooring

I fell asleep just by reading Joyce's name.

Ya Dubs really pales in comparison to all his other work.
People like to jerk it to the Dead, which is good.
There are some conversations about whether that guy is jerking off or just taking a piss.

ring a ring a rosie
as the lght declines
i remember dublin city
in the rare old times

>look mom, i posted again

not enough explosions for you laddie boy? hehehehe

No, you're not intelligent because you read that book. I'm sorry to tell you that.

>projecting this hard

I like Dubliners, but I like short stories.

I also sometimes like reading comprehensible and coherent stories by one of the greatest writers in the history of literature rather than being challenged every sentence. Don't get me wrong, I like that sometimes, too.

I don't know. Dubliners is Joyce at his comfiest, and I don't see anything wrong with that.

>counter-projecting this hard

True lol

>samefagging this hard

It was super fun though

this
I like Dubliners a lot and I don't think it's boring at all, especially since you constantly get new stories, no idea how you could call it boring

this was my first joyce. i read it because I was thoroughly let down by another short story book what we talk about when we talk about love. yeah I found most of the stories boring some were good. it was better than the carver book for sure. what are other good short story books. how does borges compare? anyone read Maughams short stories?

WTF, this book is the contrary of boring.
I started it yesterday and I'm loving every moment of it.

You're probably a boring person.

>being retarded

Portrait is comfier imo

Tolstoy, but his are more novellas. Death of Ivan Ilyich, The Devil etc. they're all good. Hadji Murat particularly is one of my all time favorite works.

This

At least I'm not stupid and insensitive
Seriously, how can you not be moved by Araby at the very least? Annoyed by the casual immorality of Two Gallants or in Counterparts? Revolted by the injustice brought by the overbearing burden of the social conventions in The Boarding House?
You're fucking inhuman or immature is what you are.
Some of the stories are a bit weaker (Clay, Ivy Day...) but surely you can appreciate the greatness of at least some of them?

>believing in pseudoscience bullshit

The first part of The Dead bored me, and the story about Religion, and the Election. The rest was alright.

I honestly don't see how Araby stands out to people when it get completely upstaged by the story right after.

Yeah, actually, you're right I like Eveline better. I was just giving examples to the brat.

My favourites so far are A Little Cloud & An Encounter though, but I guess it's a matter of which speaks the most to you. Haven't read the last two yet, in the process of doing so

yep

T H E D E A D
H
E

D
E
A
D

You couldn't be more pretentious if you tried.

Pretension is a buzzword.
And I didn't cast the first stone.
Also, I'm just saying that I loved Dubliners, nothing pretentious about that. I didn't write the damn book kek

T H E D E A D T H E D E A D
H E D E A D T H E D E A D T
E D E A D T H E D E A D T H
D E A D T H E D E A D T H E
E A D T H E D E A D T H E D
A D T H E D T H E D E A D T
D T H E D E A D T H E D E A

tbqh

I found this book really separated those who read for prose vs those who read for plot

>being this counter-retarded

You're literally wrong. People who read are smarter than those that don't.

That's literally a fact.

Source: rekt.gov/420/not-your-mom-when-I-fucked-her-because-she-didnt-value-your-education-and-neglected-you-in-your-learning-period-in-her-drunken-haze-while-strange-men-came-and-went/bruises-bruiseseverywhere.html

hey that's not a real url
maybe you have a typo there

Anyone in here read Winesburg, Ohio? Came across as the comfy American cousin to Dubliners.

No, but now I'm interested

It's all kinds of fuckin comfy lad. Sherwood Anderson wrote a book for the intent of being comfy

It's not only the prose it's also the way Joyce manages to grasp human insecurities, everybody can see themselves or one of their relatives in at least one story.

In general, I don't think the plot is that relevant in short stories as a genre. I don't think that's what matters in Hemingway's or Carver's short stories. I could be wrong

Added to my to-read list, it will be perfect for my summer at the beach

>memeing this hard

Joyce's use of literary techniques was on point on this one, son. Plot isn't the only thing there.

I think he was saying the opposite

You probably grew up reading Harry Potter

harry potter is for girls and faggots. who reads about a male witch.

I did and that doesn't prevent me from loving Dubliners and despising HP now