Why aren't you a buddhist yet?

Why aren't you a buddhist yet?

>key to happiness
>spiritual cleansing

What's the science to it all? It's so refreshing.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.imgur.com/GU7ZpGs.jpg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm a Dharma practitioner. Does that count?

Because Catholicism is the one true faith.

>nihilism
edgy

lmao, there are religious people on Veeky Forums?

yes, good chakra may come
bless you

i.imgur.com/GU7ZpGs.jpg

>i.imgur.com/GU7ZpGs.jpg
>linking an image on a fucking image board

Welcome to the smartest board

I didn't want to download that file onto my computer. Also NSFW.

catholicism is the worst version of christianity

>key to happiness
You literally have no idea what you are talking about.

But user... it is? Are you autistic

Please explain.

It has nothing to do with happiness because happiness is part of hedonism.

Because I found an another way to become fundamentally happy and "clean"

Key can be used as a metaphor for the correct actions you need to do to reach happiness,
i.e I watched a movie about chipmunks and it made me feel happy

I don't think there's a single true buddhist in this thread, myself included. Anyway....

>key to happiness
If you want to know the to happiness ask Diogenes the dog. They say desire is the root of all suffering, so all you need to do is stop desiring stuff. Live in the moment and be happy with what you have right now.

>spiritual cleansing
WTF does that mean? I say if you want to be spiritually cleansed donate $10,000 to scientology.

>I don't think there's a single true buddhist in this thread
Can you define "true buddhist"? Not being a smartass. I'm honestly interested.

I wouldn't know how to define that. I was just taking a jab cause it seems like nobody in this thread has studied budhism more the wikipedia page. Not that I should be talking shit, I don't know anything either.

>They say desire is the root of all suffering, so all you need to do is stop desiring stuff.
yeah and they do not provide a manual to do this

No worries. I am a dedicated meditation practitioner, mostly in the Theravada tradition. I spend at least in month each year in silent retreat. I spend another couple of weeks each year in residence at a monastery. I have read a substantial portion of the Pali Cannon in both English and Pali. I've been living like this for years. Yet, I don't really consider myself to be a Buddhist. I guess I can't get my head wrapped around the cultural cosmology that comes with it from Asia. So, I pursue my practice and leave the rest for others to worry about.