Ban statistics

Predicting outcomes based on correlations in historical data is for faggots.

Please use a deterministic method.

Other urls found in this thread:

pss.sagepub.com/content/22/11/1359.full.pdf html)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you can't

based on previous data from this thread, there is

100% chance this post ends in > 5

Ban p-values and assuming everything is gaussian. Don't ban statistics.

There's little wrong with p-values and gaussians, the problem lies in univariate analysis of multifactorial phenomena.
When you don't know anything about the distribution, Gaussian is your best bet.

Based on previous data from this thread,

there is 80% chance this post ends in > 5

Based on the size of your dataset, the confidence interval of your prediction is as big as your mother's asshole after I drilled her last night.

nice but according to statistics this post will be dubs

checkem

The average post will end in 5

REKT

Lad.

wtf I hate math now

booooiiiiii

I love you.

I love you too

Staistics fall victim to the idea that correlation implies causation far too often. It literally is the worst "science."

Lol, kek got rekt by science.
Atheist 1
Christians 0

Feynman has a famous anecdote about Pacific Islanders during WWII. The U.S. set up bases on their islands, and the islanders noticed that whenever the soldiers dressed up a certain way and waved some flares around, a plane would drop a box of supplies on the island. After the Americans left, the islanders would dress up in their uniforms and try to mimic their actions in the hopes of getting a box of supplies to fall from the sky.

What is the difference between this and a headline in the newspaper that says "Study shows eating broccoli causes colon cancer?".

Here (pss.sagepub.com/content/22/11/1359.full.pdf html) is an article where the authors show that listening to songs such as "When I'm 64" causes the participants' age to increase by approximately one year compared to the control group with p

Based on previous data from this thread,

there is 40% chance this post ends in >= 5