How can you reach maximum brain potential

I'm really interested in this topic but can't find a really good information on it so maybe some people here can share their secrets?
I know about the basic things like sleep and meditation but am sure there is more to it.Anyway feel free to share absolutely anything you think might be worth.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_BLHk8vjRnE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Eat exactly seven activated almonds every day. And God help you if they aren't activated.

smoke dat dank shit

But I always thought that this is the superior diet

READ

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKS

Either raise the resistance or current, both will increase the potential of your brain.

What do you mean by reaching maximum brain potential? What are you trying to achieve?

exercise. sleep. eat well. sociaise.

PCP, or another drug that leaves you burnt out for a while.

Not kidding, either. To approach the brain's true mechanical "maximum" potential, you'd likely have to damage it in the process.

Also this. Always soak your almonds to remove phytates.

Honestly I think meditation might be a thing to do. Hardcore meditators are some pretty on to it people, who are very measured, dispassionate, effective humans.

But they do it a lot. Hung out with a bunch recently. Meditating two hours every day, every damn day. Anyone with enough willpower and organisation to do two hours of anything (that only they were accountable to) every single day without fail has some impressive mind.

Work math, take a book of hard problems - solve them, move on to a new book of problems.

Also learn something else you think you would enjoy like programming - it's fairly easy and it more concrete than many forms of math as you get instant response from computer.

Either way you could go with chemistry or physics.

If you want to become smart in something else than problem solving, math.. science in general just focus on what you need.

Paint, play instrument, practice w/e skill - that's the only way.

Google the basics of diet and healthy life style and apply that, on the internet hundreds of thousands of experts built on each other work - at this point you don't have to do much work, just pick up trusted websites and use their nutrition guides.

The brain not being used to it's maximal potential is a meme. You are already using it fully, you just need to learn more to do more with that horsepower.

Genetics you got the bad dice roll fag.

LSD

Thanks cpt.Obvious
kek
I'm trying to use my brain to its fullest potential
I do some of this already.Just want to be even more efficient at them.
There are things like diet and sleep etc which hold its to its full potential so its not true.I don't mean some pseudo-science 10% of the brain thing just maximizing his speed clarity etc like you would do with your body.
Yeah I guess people should stop exercising because they will never be professional bodybuilders too!

Eat a lot.
Move a lot.
Think a lot.

Youll be surprised just how fucking hungry you get when you seriously study

nootropics lsd shrooms DRUGS DRUGS DRUGS not too much tho and not depressants. eat sleep books. but most of all it is having an innate thirst for knowledge and trying to gain something every chance you get. listen to others. when you want to know something look it up and learn it. repeat. repeat. repeat. then more lsd

came in this thread to post this

well done

>drugs improving your brain
Go be a junkie trying to justify your addiction somewhere else

i've done some experimentation with lsd, and in my experience my brain is just flying through theories and unchecked thoughts, afterwards you feel a certain calm for a couple of weeks/ months. try acid bruh

Everyone in this thread only has a third of the solution found. The 2nd half will put you in the top .1% or less. The third part teaches you how to use the brain. Good luck humans.

what?elaborate please.

Sure let me type it out.

The things you people are getting right are..

Sleep (get enough sleep)
Diet (Low GI Diety, except for breakfast)
Learning (art is pretty useless in increasing brain power, Mathematics and Hard science such as physics and chemistry. Economics is also helpful.)

Areas of learning that are useless for increasing processing speed?
History, Politics, Sociology. Most trivial memorization and essay writing does nothing.

HOWEVER, I once again state that the things you all know are only a third of what there is.

Can you elaborate why art is useless and more about music(i'm not versed in the other types of art).I think it gives way too interesting perspectives to neglect it.

I'd actually say that music is good for strengthening your brain... besides tuning your fine motor skills by playing an instrument. music theory is pretty structured and seems to me that it'd be similar to math (albeit easier) in terms of brain use

Oh yes, music. When I typed "pretty useless" I actually meant "poor". Art does help, but not to the extent as math. Though an education in ANY area itself is also useless unless you know how to use it, obviously

Playing instruments is good but only really helps if you started at an early age. Compared to the other methods there are out there, music is still pretty poor.

>brain fullest potential
>Only developing one area of the brain

I mean, I value logic about a lot of stuff, but even I know that there are a lot of stuff plain logic doesn't understand, emotional inteligence is pretty fucking important, you live with other people after all

Haha, your getting closer. Keep looking.
I agree, an understanding of one's own psychology is important if they wanted to live a fulfilled and peaceful life.

I think you're misunderstand me.If you started listening to more experimental and unconventional music you will understand what I'm talking about.I'm not sure if you will understand it from the first time but I hope you do.
youtube.com/watch?v=_BLHk8vjRnE

My grammar is still as bad as it has ever been...

*you're
*want

Oh... New persepctives, context, inspiration.
The corners of the world are good for creative inspiration which can lead to new ways of thinking about problems. However this won't increase brain speed, it will just be another perspective.

>eat well
>do cardio
>study
>take EPA + DHA supplements

only no-bullshiit answer

Okay, leaving to meditate.
Let me just say that it is possible for anyone in this thread to have an IQ above 170 within 2 years.
Hopefully that will give you an idea of how much improvement is possible. (this isn't even the limit)

before going can you explain what your meditating routine is(how long how often etc what time of the day etc).

just inject more genetics

I heard meth does wonders

I second this
I would want to improve myself a more than I do now

if we knew how to be better people, we would be

You will never reach maximum potential of brain because even most advanced stuff can be optimized even more, its just that it takes much more than what your brain can achieve before its death.

t. 'someone that doesn know nothing about human behaviour'

your brain already is at maximum potential, sorry

your brain reached its maximum intellectual potential before you reached adolescence, and all auxillary brain development ceased at early adulthood.

there is literally nothing you can do to enhance your intelligence. what you have is what you have.

intelligence is nearly 100% physiological, meaning it depends on your neural pathways and neural biology. you can't change that to any significant degree.

for reference.

if there was a tangible way to increase intelligence, it would be mass marketed.

That isn't a reference.

Over clock your brain, i.e. tcdcs

>do cardio
>avoid sugar
>avoid saturated fat
>avoid alcohol
>limit caffeine

>would be mass marketed
but thats not true.If there was something 100% legit about brain increasing it would be only for the rich people.

bump

bu,pm

overclock your brain, but make sure to add blue LEDs for cooling

NOOTROPICS?

bump

You only need to have enough willpower to make it into a routine. Meditation and developing productive routines is probably the way to go.

bump

a-PVP

This isn't 100% true

obviously.not even close to truth

also bump i'm sure some user here knows way more than he should about this topic.

DMT

no drugs mayne
also bump

OP! Learning to lucid dream is seriously something worthwhile to study.

It takes a long time to "master" it, but seeing dreams even in the first place make life way more fulfilling than it is without.

lsd is gay

Bumpo

lol psychedelics being addictive? To clarify meth and coke will not help. Weed can be helpful but makes you lazy. As I said before reaching your max potential is mostly a result of an innate thirst for knowledge. Let me emphasize that its not all about theoretical physics and artificial intelligence. Understanding the abstract aspects of your existence is also very important in my opinion. LSD for example is a helpful tool in that regard. it adds perspective which allows you to think in different ways.

aka your mind isn't strong enough to handle it

but why? not enough data to make such a claim.

Lift weights and take creatine.

Most of us have enjoyed playing video-games for hours (flow - wiki); they can be addicting. Now replace vidya with mathematics and study it the whole day. I read somewhere that after ~45 days habits stick effortlessly.

I think drugs are very important as well. -racetams, -afinils, and more exotic substances are like super foods. If they help you and you take small enough doses to avoid any side effects you are saving yourself time and efforts.

Lucid dreaming as another user said seems a very promising tool. I have listened to music in dreams and the quality was great, like coming from and external source. Think about your memory and cognitive abilities unleashed in a full controllable environment.

>Let me just say that it is possible for anyone in this thread to have an IQ above 170 within 2 years.

That seems a bit high. I've read about astounding claims regarding meditation though. Can you please spend a few more words about your routine and you attainments? You may greatly help the more dedicated anons here on Veeky Forums.

Forgot pic.

generally anything humans did for millions of years tends to prove ideal

>low carb, high fat/protein diet
more specifically stay away from refined sugars
>exercise
Weightlifting increases self esteem/testosterone and aerobic exercise increases hippocampal volume/function. Also acts a very powerful stress reliever and rids depression. Playing team sports is even better.
>social engagement
social isolation proves extremely detrimental to cognition in the long run.
>sleep (6-9 hours)
should go without saying.

Setting good habits and meditating should also be thrown in as well. Fish oil, coffee, tea, L-theanine, curcumin, and some other supplements seem to be beneficial, but the hard shit above is what really matters. Stay away from alcohol and aspartame as well.

>Stay away from alcohol and aspartame as well.
>and aspartame

Post discarded.

>low carb, high fat/protein diet
Processing a large amount of protein is intensive and ultimately lends itself poorly to brain function. High intake of most fats is the same way.

There is merit in avoiding transient high blood sugar and rapid insulin spikes (which can temporarily force the glia to deplete their glycogen stores, among other things). But as a whole moderate sucrose or glucose intake is not markedly bad for cognition. Dopamine release sometimes improves it.

>exercise
Unfortunately the value of exercise is greatly downplayed. Most people don't even know what you can become after some decent intensity exercise, because they've never bothered or don't have time to try.

>social engagement
Unfortunately I agree with this as well. I've been alone most of my life, and whether I like it or not, I don't seem to have the means to avoid cognitive atrophy and deterioration from a lack of interaction. That's mainly why I use Veeky Forums from time to time. Fight with a bunch of shitheads for a while.

>sleep
Not as relevant as commonly believed. You just need to fully accept that sleep debt is a thing.

Know thyself.

Can you please elaborate?

>t. paid $40 to MENSA and desperate to think it was worth it

Did you know MENSA artificially inflates their IQ scores? Also neurogenesis continues into adulthood retard, that 70s view of neurons never growing after 20 is debunked by modern science. It sure makes you feel superior i bet though to imagine that your intelligence is innate, and others who are below you can never rise above you, but you know what they say, what languishes in disuse, atrophies and withers away, while the stuff kept rolling and rust-free will become pristine.

How to start?

> How can you reach maximum brain potential

Plug your spinal cord to a high voltage transformer.