Does Veeky Forums read LGBT themed books?

Does Veeky Forums read LGBT themed books?

>Does Veeky Forums read
no

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting

Please respect the quote function when visiting Veeky Forums.

I'm reading Confessions of a mask, but its no tumblr shit, it's actually a beautiful ode to aesthetics, death, masculinity and the cult of youth

I like some novels by Michael Cunningham but sometimes it's (cunningly) hamfisted in. Also enjoyed Middlesex by Eugenides, though that was more interesting than seeming to further an political agenda.

Ignore /pol/, as always.

The 'lgbt' movement, like Marxism, feminism or political correctness is simply another Jewish group evolutionary strategy. A mechanism evolved by the parasite in order to control and weaken the host culture. Class, 'natural rights' etc. are merely social constructs. Racial kin selection is a biological reality. Brutal Darwinian struggle. We are here to fight or perish.

Since when is Maurice tumblr-tier?

>>>/shrekchan/

I try not to, but circumstance keeps tricking me into it.

>genre fiction
>audiobook
>>>/notliterature/

In highschool a teacher for an optional lit class made us read a book by a national tranny writer here, it had an enjoyable narration and a blowjob scene that made our all-male school brains and benises feel confused.

Its just the image I used. I didn't notice it was an audiobook cover.
Also you're a huge fag.

Was it any good?

surprised nobody mentioned this

no it isn't, it's about sickness and shame, other books my Mishima have those themes, but Confessions not so much.

Nightwood by Djuna Barnes is a modernist masterpiece that deals with this stuff. I think she was actually one of the few people Joyce respected.

Written on the Body by Jeanette Winterson is a beautiful poem of a novel. Barely ever see anyone mention her here.

Mrs. Dalloway has gay subtext.

Haven't read him, but I know there are people on Veeky Forums who are fans of Jean Genet, and he's supposed to be good.

It isn't even too difficult to do a queer reading of Ulysses, and alot of Melville too, though I assume OP is referring to blatant LGBT themes and not subtext, so I guess Mrs. Dalloway doesn't qualify so much either.

this one's pretty good.

Sometimes yeah

Confessions of a Mask was a bit dry for me, can't say I git much out of it.

Pic related made me cry like a bitch, it's kind of like a faggoty Ulysses.

Been thinking of picking up The Counterfeiters.

no I hate faggots

'Pour fini avec Eddy belleguele' & 'Histoire de la violence' written by Edouard Louis
Translated in spanish, italien, not sure about English

* Pour en finir avec Eddy Belleguele

I've tried reading a few but I'm not big on them. I like reading about books with homosexual characters, but I don't like books about homosexuals, if you know what i mean.

The last book I lesbian book I read, I can't remember the name, I gave up on after the third chapter after I realised about half the town was gay and the antagonist was straight and that was why he was the antagonist. I put it down and went back to good books.
I've started writing books with stealth gay characters because those are the best. A hint here and an implication there is all you need to make me smile.

lol

Someone needs a lil boypussy pounding

> A hint here and an implication there is all you need to make me smile.

if you like crime fiction this might be worth a read. it's one of the pulps Gore Vidal wrote after the City and the Pillar and published as Edgar Box, to make a quick buck.

LGBT is a nice acronym. Accurate order from least to most Degeneracy.

It was very literary

I read a ton, but I'm gay and my preferred method of fapping is to the written word.

I'll spare you the erotica and chick lit though and recommend some of the ones that are more than just that.

>Giovanni's room by James Baldwin
50s-era tragedy about two guys that fall in love and the fallout as the main character implodes with his efforts to suppress the fact that he fell in love with a guy.
>Personal Effects by EM Kokie
Teenage kid gets suspended after some libtard uses his deceased soldier brother as part of a protest, which puts him on a journey to find out more about dead bro.
>Land Fit For Heroes by Richard K Morgan
Genre fiction, but one main character is gay while another is a lesbian. Pretty fun book if fantasy is your thing.
>Warchild series by Karin Lowachee
More genre fiction,this time space opera. Three books involving the lives of people embroiled in a war and how their experiences shape them from shitheads into shitheads of a lesser caliber.
>The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
Some kid steals Fanritius' "The Goldfinch" during a bombing of MoMA. The bombing and painting fuck up his life pretty fierce.

Girlslove novels are a guilty pleasure of mine.

No, that might make me act homosexual

Is this one comfy? It's on my reading list and I quite enjoyed the film. I might move it up on the list if you tell me it's good.

To answer your question, yes I do. Obviously a lot of "queer" (sorry) people are artist or the other way round, so you'd have to actively avoid it.
I also find it easier to identify with people who are abnormal either in their sexual preference or how well they fit society's molds.

Sickness and shame, really? The boy doesn't even realize there is anything to be shameful or abnormal about him for the most part and the adult narrator dissects himself like an interesting oddity. The most striking moments are when he fully indulges in his beautiful fantasies, not wallows in self-pity or whatever you've read into it. His (self-)destructive elements are all part of his sexuality and identity, it's not the result of his homosexuality, it's its very essence.

I quite enjoyed it. It kind of perpetuates the stereotype of woman-hating gays in Maurice, but his struggle with coming to terms with his sexuality, the lengths he goes to try and fix himself after his first love abandons him, and his acceptance are all really beautiful. It's tedious reading for the first few chapters but it does get better once Forster settles into his narrative.