We could be making human clones right now

>we could be making human clones right now
>there are laws against this because of "muh ethics"

I fucking hate moralfags.

Other urls found in this thread:

plato.stanford.edu/entries/cloning/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How is ethics even an excuse against cloning ?

plato.stanford.edu/entries/cloning/

Interesting read

and ?

>tfw when make an infertile female clone of yourself
>tfw when you no longer need your gf as you can now literally fuck yourself till you die.

Philosophers need to stay the fuck out of science.

'Ethics' is literally just an excuse for them to get a paycheck leeching off the scientific community.

>tfw you tell some random user to go fuck himself and it becomes his lifelong goal

Of course, screw not doing damage to the humans whom science serves, right?

Ethics also give proper methodology to not eschew the results, besides protecting humanity.

Or do you think that the Little Albert experiment was good?

The good ol' "Let's just murder people out of curiosity" meme.

Science doesn't """serve""" anyone you nitwit

It's literally just a process of making observations and testing hypotheses.

>It's literally just a process of making observations and testing hypotheses.

Yeah, but what's its final purpose, "nitwit"? We do science to expand our knowledge, hoping that it will let us live better lives through understanding.

Scientists don't need philosophy majors to tell them not to murder people.
And what is especially not needed is people sitting around inventing new reasons to ban research.

>"Oh you can't do X because we don't understand it!"
No shit that's why we should research it.

It's not always as simple as "murder or not murder".

t. ethicist

>Autistic psychopaths don't exist in scientific fields

I'm not an ethicist, I'm a psych major. Even if I'm on a scientific field I don't get all arrogant and mighty with other fields, because I understand science's limitations.

You, fellow user, seem to not do that, and that's why you regard science as an end-all to all of humanity's issues.

This. It's not even psychpaths always though.

>implying psychopaths exist

Nice try psycho

they have been cloning people for decades. and yes super soldiers are real.

No we expand our knowledge because we like doing that, improving lives is nothing but something we tell the mongoloid brainlet subhumans to fund us we really dont care about them however user.

cloning drives down the market value of humans

enjoy being a genejack in the human hive you fucking retarded idiot faggot

Almost every scientific advancement in the last 100 years has driven down the market value of humans.

If you want it to go up, quit trying to stop human genetic engineering.

I’m afraid of “gene editing” because the range of “human” living arrangements is a tiny fraction of the range of possible living arrangements, and certainly not the hardiest or most resilient fraction.

Ten billion mindless constructor drones and three or four enormous, immobile agglomerated-intelligence brain bugs running them from nutrient pits in the disused remains of Washington and Beijing is a far safer and more efficient way of operating the post-human species than anything you or I might recognize, in much the same way that heroin is a more efficient means of entertainment than tennis.

I don’t fear technology because it’s unnatural, I fear it precisely because it is natural, and nature holds us (our mores, our culture, our edifices) in no special regard. Some people seem to feel an almost sadomasochistic yearning to be overtaken and devoured by the Borg. Fine for them, but buddy, that ain’t me.

in other words, woe betide the dumb nog who thinks the telos is on his side, and if you're "on" "the telos's side" go feed yourself to a wolf

inb4 literal vorefag /r9k/ hyper-saddoes who want to true-believer their way to redemption by offering themselves to the elder brain

>offering themselves to the elder brain
>not becoming the elder brain
Please.

temporarily embarrassed superintelligences who are smart but lazy need not apply

>we could be making human clones right now
For what purpose?

y-y-you s-suck

not as bad as the future

Lets end all clinical human trials.
That way we will die from diseases as ethical people.

OP you dumb mother fucker. Why the fuck do you think we need more humans on this planet?

research for Harambe

Yes, sorry.
Sure, humans dying and kids being traumatised for life is bad, and I certainly wouldn't want to be one of those - but a lot of experiments and ideas (Stanford Prison Experiment or my personal favourite - Milgram experiment) which came through in the past would NEVER be allowed today, yet they are the most important results in psychology until now.