Help me, boys, I can't stop reading Westerns

Help me, boys, I can't stop reading Westerns.

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Genre Addiction Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Book Like Nigga Close Your Eyes Haha

Do not worry user, they are the true manly subgenre, and surprisingly pertinent to our time of appeals to scientism and moral progress

What are your favorites family?

nothing wrong with preferring the sensibilities of one genre over another provided you can still parse through the dreck

Warlock, Lonesome Dove, Butcher's Crossing. I read The Son recently which was decent too.

Been putting off diving down the Cormac McCarthy rabbit hole but it's coming.

McCarthy is based, also recommend Cities of the Red Night , Hombre, and The Last Go Round. Borges also has some cool western-y stories. Technically they involve gauchos and donkeys more than cowboys and horses, but in spirit they have the same provincial sense of time and place which I like about westerns

not quite a western but give "Train Dreams" a try. its a novella from a couple years ago and a damn good one, promise.

KEK

>Been putting off diving down the Cormac McCarthy rabbit hole but it's coming.
That's the solution to your problem OP. You got a case of cowboy constipation, and you need to have a big old BM.

nice

I've been meaning to read warlock. Butchers crossing was incredible.

>Butcher's Crossing was incredible

It really is. Probably has the lowest body count of any Western I've read (well, apart from the buffalo) yet it's so tense and borderline horrific. Nature is scary. Favourite part has to be when it begins to snow.

I definitely recommend Warlock, though I can't say it has much in common with BC other than that I love them both. The way the author is able to succinctly communicate complicated emotions through the characters' simple, colloquial language is amazing. Don't think I've read anything else where minor character deaths felt like such a gut punch. And it's Pinecone approved after all.

Yeah I felt pretty bad about the Buffalo. Hunter's had no concept of conservation then. It reminded me of that scene in Dances with Wolves with a field of skinned Buffalo.

honestly I was expecting a happy ending towards the end then schnider gets brutally killed. Shocked the shit out of me.

I have so many visuals in my mind from that book... I feel like I can see Miller on his bloody horse at the end with the flames around him... almost as I've seen a movie.

My favorite part is probably the part where Francine tries to seduce him. It stuck with me throughout the book as did her notion of his inevitable, irreversible change. You could see it happen slowly.

I'll definitely have to read warlock and blood meridian... kinda like a Western meme trilogy

>honestly I was expecting a happy ending towards the end then schnider gets brutally killed. Shocked the shit out of me.

Thanks for the spoiler you complete fucking faggot

>boys

Sorry, I regret not going for fellas.

Did you get mad when someone said hector died in the illiad while reading a Homer thread?

>hector died in the illiad

WHAT??????

THANKS A LOT YOU COMPLETE FUCKING FAGGOT

no because that's a thousands of years old text well-established in the western canon that most people have read by the time they turn 18. Butcher's Crossing is a relatively obscure western that not a lot of people have read, so it's easy to spoil.

Faggot

user, there's a reason you don't just read wikipedia synopses of books. Plot is for plebs. By extension, spoilers are also for plebs.

Please read Shane and My Antonia

Trips checked.

Read some Easterns instead?

I'll do it for you, user. I'll make a start on My Ántonia.