Purchases

my unread books are growing out of control but I can't stop myself.

Same here.
Just can't stop buying shit.
Money is not the problem,since I can buy a book for less than a dollar.
It's more about storage space.
Last purchase was pic related for 3~ dollars

Can those who have read Delaney tell me if he's worth it or not?

fuck yeah lydia davis

Post in your bookshelf thread faggot

No, that's for shelves. This is for purchases. You must be new around here, bud. Stick around, I'll show you the ropes.

same, bro. same..

some great picks there. zadie smith seems pretty meh though.

Thanks, can I get your phone #, bucko?

Recent purchases from the last month or so.

Don't be too hard on yourself user. There's a time for sowing and a time for reaping.

Cicero - The Nature of the Gods
Cicero - On Obligations
Cicero - The Republic and the Laws
Cicero - Defence Speeches
Cicero - Selected Letters
Cicero - Political Speeches
Although I gotta take a break from buying books. Gonna read all the ones I have now and finish them this year

I've heard it's good and I've heard people with your opinion of it but I've never heard anyone (barring the /r9k/ crowd) say it is shit. I decided to give it a go when I saw they had a hardback of it at the store yesterday.

I haven't read him yet but I love the guy for his work on the re:Joyce podcast so he has earned a chance from me.

I'm listening to that podcast, too.

Um lit, what have I done?

dude weed

one of the books is upside down.

I'm pissed off, they didn't say in the description that a brief history of time wouldn't have a dust cover. So, not only did I accidentally order "a briefer history of time" the first time, but then when I ordered the actual brief history of time, it's not what I ordered. fucking shit.

I always get this response 2bh

This decade saw the first translation of the book to Brazilian Portuguese and so I started reading an ebook of it.

Didn't get to finish, but it certainly is one of the funniest novels I came across.

Why did you get 2 copies of eliots letters volume 1

Neck yourself.

I've just borrowed Indignation by Roth at my local library, their slection in English is shit and it seemed to be the only book worth reading.

Is it a good Roth or should I just stick to what I have to read right now and wait till I get the opportunity to read another one of his books?

Currently:
The Engineer of Human Souls-Josef Skovresky
Life and Fate-Vassily Grossman
Les Miserables-Victor Hugo
America-Franz Kafka
The Black Prince-Iris Murdoch
Freedom-Jonathan Franzen
Skylark-Dezső Kosztolányi
God Emperor of Dune-Frank Herbert

Which do I read after Les Miserables? Thinking of taking one or two lengthy ones with me on holiday along with a couple other books I have in my backlog.

I can't resist walking into somewhere like Oxfam and coming out with about 8 or so books.

>tfw It's been a year with my e-reader and therefore a year without buying books
>tfw I see a recent purchase thread

you've taken yourself too seriously, that's what you've done.

Wow I actually own and have read almost all of those. You got some pretty good stuff there.

i think you've posted this in every one of these threads

Where'd you get the McElroy? I just received two of his from Amazon (marketplace).

Found it at half price books.

Don't ask me that.

Same.

I get the same amount of endorphins from buying a book as I do finishing one -- and one requires more effort than the other :/