Veeky Forums discord?

Would any of you be interested in participating in a discord server for the discussion of Veeky Forums relevant topics? For those of you who don't know, discord is a chat server with voice and text capability, and also can be used for free and without making an account. I've just set up a server this very moment, it will likely take a short while to get off the ground but if any of you would like to join I'd appreciate it.

Current channels are
>general
>physics
>biology
>engineering
>mathematics
>careers

I will of course be willing to change the server's rules and setup based on user input. Anyways, I've rambled enough, here's the invite link:

discord.gg/JsHjk3Y

I will answer any questions you might have once I get back from walking my dog.

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/MECZt
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

thanks for the virus asshole

epic, simply epic my good sir!

There already exists a #Veeky Forums channel on Rizon IRC, you pleblord.

Well, there's not a Veeky Forums discord. Discord is a much better platform imo, but if nobody takes interest in it I will check into this IRC.

I don't see the point in having a discord. So what, it's going to be like Veeky Forums except not on Veeky Forums? Why even bother.

Couldn't you say the exact same thing about IRC? Veeky Forums is a slow board, relatively speaking. With the likes of discord you can have a fast, more active chat with the users currently online. You can also voice chat, send other users friend requests and send them private messages etc.

The discord would obviously have a smaller (and hopefully more active) userbase than the board itself. With that sort of closed environment, it's also much easier for moderation to ensure quality of content. As far as I'm aware many other Veeky Forums boards have discords, too.

>Couldn't you say the exact same thing about IRC?
IRC doesn't have different topics inside the channel itself. Chat is fine, but why the segregation? You're just trying to create yet another science thing and take users from this shithole to your own personally administered shithole. Besides, the userbase on Veeky Forums is already small as it is (the serious userbase that is).

I'm all for comfy real-time discussions.

>why the segregation
If you just have one channel, you could have people trying to talk about multiple disciplines at once. It's much more efficient to have physics related discussion in a physics channel, chem talk in a chem channel, and a general channel to just discuss whatever other topics you feel like. You seem to just be annoyed because you see the discord as a competitor to your IRC or whatever, you won't actually know if it's bad or not unless you try joining.
Hop on in and get /comfy/ friend

>If you just have one channel, you could have people trying to talk about multiple disciplines at once.
So, why not do this on Veeky Forums? Why do you need your own special snowflake place?

> You seem to just be annoyed because you see the discord as a competitor to your IRC or whatever
It's not my IRC. I really couldn't care whether you like IRC or not. The point is that you're just trying to make yourself a new, self elected admin of some chatroom while leeching off the current Veeky Forums userbase. You're like a parasite and it disgusts me.

Okay, well, feel free to leave the thread then. We've already had two engineers and a mathematician join and they're getting on just fine without you and your negative attitude.

If you can't handle honest criticism, don't try and make yourself an admin, your skin clearly isn't thick enough.

>honest criticism
>you're a parasite and it disgusts me
Okay buddy. Actual criticism would be joining the server, participating in discussion, and giving feedback on how you think things need to be moderated, not sperging out because I upset your precious IRC buddies.

>not allowed to have an opinion about yout behaviour
Why don't you attack the other, honest and good points I made instead of focusing on my opinion of you? Oh yeah, you don't have any retort. Bummer.

the closest to an "honest and good" point you made was that I was "leeching off the Veeky Forums userbase". However, I already explained my reasoning for wanting a discord here Also, your point about potentially slowing down Veeky Forums (which is laughable) is hypocritical considering you participate in a Veeky Forums IRC. You strike me as the kind of guy who just likes to """"""debate"""""" on the internet for kicks so I'm not going to reply to you anymore. Feel free to join the server if you have something of actual value to contribute.

Quick bump, we have some very good mathematics discussion currently but we could certainly use more biologists and chemists.

Freudian bump

BUMP MOTHERFUCKERS!

Comfy discord indeed.

Where the fuck are you all?

There is already a Veeky Forums discord, though

It's just not posted much here

discord.gg/MECZt