How come this dude isn't famous?

How come this dude isn't famous?
>Georges Henri Joseph Édouard Lemaître ( 17 July 1894 – 20 June 1966) was a Belgian priest, astronomer and professor of physics at the Catholic University of Leuven. He proposed the theory of the expansion of the universe, widely misattributed to Edwin Hubble. He was the first to derive what is now known as Hubble's law and made the first estimation of what is now called the Hubble constant, which he published in 1927, two years before Hubble's article. Lemaître also proposed what became known as the Big Bang theory of the origin of the universe, which he called his "hypothesis of the primeval atom" or the "Cosmic Egg".

The English-speaking fuckers always steal the glory from real Europeans

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

But he is you dolt

Realistically, what percentage of people would even know that the Big Bang theory was originally theories by a Catholic Priest?

It's a well known fact. Also, it's partly to blame on Christians for not bringing it up more often.

lol

>Veeky Forums

Big bang cosmology is a smart story. It addresses the mental firmware of people brought up in a monotheistic culture (US 90%) who demand a creation myth; and there can only be one.

Abbé Lemaître wasn't the first to address this. He was inspired by the writings of an English colleague of his who published the big bang idea in around AD 1225, as reported in quite some detail. Lemaître was tasked to reconcile modern science with St. Thomas Aquinas' theological dictum of creatio ex nihilo.

And so he modeled it after the Virgin Birth.

Genuine motivation can be virtually unstoppable: He gamed the math night and day until it confessed - and he wrote genuine mathfiction, top notch. He then got moved to Rome.

The BB theorie is like a sieve and no one counts the holes and the self-contradicting ad hoc patches, but for reasons mentioned earlier it is still a viable academic business model, secularly priestly.

Cosmological models for the 10% also exist: no big bang, no end, no beginning, no nonsense; but niche funding.

wtf I hate Hubble now

None knows he proposed the Big Bang theory since he named it the fucking Cosmic Egg theory.

Of course they do. Europe was the science machine back in the day. Everything in use today was invented by them, lot of the stuff by Austro-Hungarian scientists/engineers.
Europe is still in the game and it's getting stronger every fucking day. Many able Eurofags go into the USA though.

We don't want you here.

>we
yeah, no, faggot. you're alone in your autistic patrolling and policing anime in an anime board

>science and math
>anime board

back to your containment board you shitposting spammer

>Veeky Forums
>not an anime board

lmao you're spamming this idiotic backseat modding in every thread and suddenly I'm the spammer? fuck off. you're no one.

No he isn't. You really aren't welcome here.

>wahhhh stop posting in my sikrit club :((((
yeah, what are you going to do about it faggot? call your mom?

retarded fucking newfag. no one gives a shit about what you want for this place. it's not yours.

>Veeky Forums is a board
Go flood your own manchildren board with retarded cartoons you /a/utist

what's the matter user? are you getting triggered? are you ok?

Wasn't he a Catholic priest?

He was priest...
Propably he was wrong and attached god to his theories...

must feel real good to force this meme

>autism

>n-no you
do you need a hug user-kun?

>How come this dude isn't famous?

Is Alexander Friedmann famous? No. He derived a class of cosmological solutions to the EFEs, Lemaître derived one of those solutions years later.

He also didn't establish the Hubble law, he just wrote it down. Other people had been searching for the same relationship earlier. It was good work and he is remembered in cosmology (the FLWR metric) but he is no more deserving than dozens of early cosmologists who have also been forgotten like Slipher.

Cosmological models aren't interpretations of QM or fad diets, you don't get to pick one. No steady state model has ever reproduced the COBE spectrum and no attempt has been made to explain the CMB powerspectrum either, both of which were predicted by standard cosmology. Steady state models are dead for a good reason, they don't fit the data and they require matter to miraculously materialise.

Please don't pretend like you know anything about cosmology.

I don't hate anime posters but if everyone who watched anime had a bullet put in their brain the world would objectively be a better place.

if you had a bullet put in your brain the world would objectively be a better place

If only you knew that he didn't actually say this and the meme is actually a meta anime examination. Being acquainted with this meme would usually mean that you spend a lot of time critically watching and reviewing anime.

You got fucking cuck.

would ya look at that shitstorm

>You got fucking cuck
Nice one, I was well aware he never said this, it should be obvious to anyone who sees it. I was shitposting in response to shitposters. Don't act like I should have some critical analysis of fat weebs who worship fictional characters.

>lemaitre
>not famous

ok highschooler

>I was just pretending to be retarded

But by looking for shit to post towards anime fans you took something that is actually a constructive part of anime culture and thought it was an insult.

You know the easy way out of this is to become what you hate. Go watch Ore no imouto ga konnani kawaii wake ga nai. One of the pictures posted in this thread is about the main girl of this show. It is about a guy who wants to fuck his little sister who is a model and a pervert who plays sex games for fun.

You are going to really like it. I know my dick has. Holy fuck, the amount of times I've masturbated to that slut...

You are going to come out a happier man.

No. Hes speaking for the masses here.

fuck off back to

So you're just actually retarded?
How exactly are these people here part this constructive group? How posting smug waifu tier pictures at all part of anything but an autistic circle jerk?

>How exactly are these people here part this constructive group?

I was talking of your 'anime is thrash' meme, not anything they posted.

That said, anything anime related is constructive because this is an anime imageboard you sperg.

If you do not like anime then reddit is just the thing for you, pal.

That said, you are just 13 episodes away from becoming a better human being. Just do it man. The girl is 14 years old and the guy is just starting university so you can kinda project yourself onto him. The girl is also hot hot hot.

Veeky Forums culture includes milking lolcows as hard as you can as soon as you realize they get pissy with something

that's why gorilla threads exist
that's why race threads keep being made
it's the natural affair of things

Veeky Forums is a very strange board in the sense that it seems filled with people who are completely oblivious to how Veeky Forums works in general, and it seems they came directly here from somewhere else

Nope, he actually drew a very clear line between the two, he was doing physics with the same rigour as any other physicist.

source: am belgian

I think all people knowing who know about Hubble, and who are worth talking to, know about Lemaitre. That excludes the "hurr durr I'm a super sciency guy, i read about all the quantums n stuff" people, but who gives a shit about them.

Really, I never got why people care at all about what the plebs know of something, and how that makes the said thing any more relevant.

GET THE FUCK OFF MY BOARD

>Veeky Forums is only for ebin trolling

Well, well, well, if it isn't reddit

[quote]
Veeky Forums is a very strange board in the sense that it seems filled with people who are completely oblivious to how Veeky Forums works in general, and it seems they came directly here from somewhere else
[/quote]

This is a very interesting observation!

Regards,

John

Yeah, the same happened with the so-called Higgs boson/mechanism. Brout and Englert, both Belgians (again), submitted a more complete paper than Higgs, and did so a few months earlier than Higgs. But everyone speaks of the Higgs boson because he was the english-speaker. Even Higgs himself says he's no comfortable with that.

The world has a thing against Belgium.

>implying it's not
where'd you migrate here from newfag?

He is more deserving. This guy is basically the father of cosmology. He should be at least getting the same attention as Tesla.

>complains about chinese cartoons
>on a chinese cartoons imageboard

Noice going fag

Wigner.

I'll just leave this name here

>what redditors actually think

t. reddit