I don't get it. What does it mean to be healthy in his system?

I don't get it. What does it mean to be healthy in his system?

The secret to happiness within Freud's system was to make your mother a mother again, desu.

Freude was interested in classifying pathological conditions. To be healthy is to have no such condition.

I guess you could call that maintaining a balance between the id, ego, and superego. That's likely how he would characterize mental health. Popper made some cutting and IMO final critiques of that notion of a spectrum, but that is the account he would seem to give based on the works he produced.

stupid goy. Nobody is ever healthy or fully recovered. How else do you keep the scheckels flowing?

>to make your mother a mother again
This is the creepiest phrase ever.

>grand mother

to be non-neurotically unhappy, i.e. normal

this isn't exactly "healthy" since people with mental illness aren't quite "sick", but close enough

...Oh.
I thought... something else.

What does this say about me?

In truth, Freud sees nothing and understands nothing.

How does the talking cure maintain this balance?

Nah, I meant cumming inside your poor mummy's neglected pussy. Don't you want to make mummy happy user? Put some cummies in your mummy's tummy.

Healthy is acknowledging that sex is the most important aspect of existence.

It's founded upon the assumption that we are rational, even about our own psychological motivations, given perfect information. By fully exploring our motivations, by talking about them, revealing what we do and the stories about why we do it to another, we gain more perfect information about why we do such things. On Freud's view neurotic behavior is characterized by either an overactive id (base actions, lacking the foresight to realize that our motivations to do something that yields gain doesn't pay off over time) or overactive superego (engaging in activity that postpones gratification for too long or puts the (longterm) satisfaction of others over our own). Once we learn why we engage in neurotic behavior and understand that it's senseless we can correct.

F-

His system isn't designed for individual health. His system uses psychoanalysis on individuals to keep society from a tipping point of unconscious desire, with those more attuned to the mass unconscious desires being the first to get ill, which then feeds back more unconscious desires into the mass making everyone sicker. He didn't think that anyone got better, he just thought if you treated the people who were starting to show the signs of the overspill of mass violence and desire, you could stop society from rioting. Hysterics aren't sicker than the rest of us, they're sick because they're the symptom of the rest of us. You treat the hysteric because otherwise society will notice "hey there's a lot of people freaking out" and then everybody will want to freak out and start a pogrom or some shit.

lel

Freud didn't give a general definition of normal psychology or mental health - just like Marx didn't describe how an uncontrolled post-capitalist, non-feudal economy would function in a workers society. Both of them based psychological and social theories on premises of normal individual or collectives types; or at least they imply a basic typology: "normal" and "healthy" and so on. It's hard not think and explain one's ideas without having this absolute premise. What one knows as customary and habitual for people is what's normal; and what's normal for people to live (fully) is what's healthy. So I think that the problem should be rephrased: what is "full" or fulfilling within the limits of culture and laws of nature?

who doesn't have a condition nowadays? the only reason why you don't think you have a psychological or physical condition is that you haven't been to a doctor in a while. if you go see a psychologist they will probably find something wrong with you, esp. if you insist on returning after they tell you that you're a normal guy at the first session.

Is becoming a mother again like the opposite of born again virginity?

Even if we really all did have a condition that wouldn't really change the truth or untruth of Freud's model.

Also what's valid psychology and what's good for psychologists and psychiatrists aren't necessarily the same thing.

strange, I thought the same

keep paying him for therapy until you die

that's as healthy as you can get

this