Hey Science!

youtube.com/watch?v=pGEPxY_CjnQ
youtube.com/watch?v=HOJJg--74Vg

are feminism and science compatible?

Other urls found in this thread:

elsewhere.org/journal/pomo/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_Science_on_Intelligence#Conclusions
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This chick is dumber than the sun is hot and you think anything she said is remotely thought provoking or worthy of discussing? And what the fuck does "compatible" mean? Why does this matter? If you wanted a real discussion you wouldn't have come to one of the most vehemently biased forums on the Internet. Take this shitty feminism meme to /pol/.

>science and religion
>compatible
pick one

Irrelevant. The fuck would feminism improve about science?

shit thread, but ur mad

Feminists have a number of distinct interests in, and perspectives on, science. The tools of science have been a crucial resource for understanding the nature, impact, and prospects for changing gender-based forms of oppression; in this spirit, feminists actively draw on, and contribute to, the research programs of a wide range of sciences. At the same time, feminists have identified the sciences as both a source and a locus of gender inequalities: the institutions of science have a long tradition of excluding women as practitioners; feminist critics of science find that women and gender (or, more broadly, issues of concern to women and sex/gender minorities) are routinely marginalized as subjects of scientific inquiry, or are treated in ways that reproduce gender-normative stereotypes; and, closing the circle, scientific authority has frequently served to rationalize the kinds of social roles and institutions that feminists call into question.

It's just a system of ethics which is to say it's compatible sure but not really relevant as the two are relatively tangental unless you're doing experiments on animals or something (note: social science is a form of pseudoscience and thus isn't relevant to this discussion).

>feminism

"It's not because you're too stupid to understand the proof, it's because you're a woman, you fucking whore."

NO

feminism isn't compatible with anything except stupidity and ruining everything

>pic related

What is this got to do with scieWoooww look at those tits !

what a long winded way to say nothing

The greatest astronomical thesis was written by a feminist. Miss Payne

she's a feminist? source?

was*

she was a sufragette

source?

brought to you by:
elsewhere.org/journal/pomo/

Long answer: Absolutely Not
Short answer: No

Pic related

Conformation bias =/= Science

>Only men can microwave steak
Top kek.

Science-Women relationship explained in a single post.

What was the second video user?

The feminism movement, especially in the past few years has been based on "muh feelings" and misunderstood statistics when it comes to any real world problems. Science is based on facts and unbiased observations.

So, fuck no. They're not compatible.

can you have male and female scientists and also treat them equally? well, then I guess science and feminism are compatible.

no, that's idiots not being compatible with science. but that's not something unique to feminists.

>are feminism and science compatible?

Yes, definitely! but science needs to be a little bit different - it needs to be based on consensus a lots more, similar to how climate science works. A lot of scientific fields need to have quotas to attract women. It's almost 2017 now - women need to be paid slightly higher than men to attract them. Women definitely improve workplace cohesiveness, and these women will act as an inspiration for future generations of consensus based scientific knowledge. Engineering on the other hand does not need women because it's just smelly work.

Right on!

The greatest theorem was also proven by a feminist too. I wish men would give women a chance, it's so hard to shine without any role models especially while getting paid less and having to deal with the stigma of working as a female scientist.

Will you shut up and stop talking other people's views to extremes just to prove a point? Being a feminist is not equivalent to what you're describing, just as voting Trump doesn't make you a racist.

>Being a feminist is not equivalent to what you're describing, just as voting Trump doesn't make you a racist.

Exactly! I wish more people would get this through their dumb fucking skulls. Feminism is about enabling women to achieve greatness even in the face great adversity. AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ABOUT THE ADVERSITY! My God is it bad to be woman in 2025. Thank you for being a feminist in this day and age, you are a real human being.

>2016
>not having gotten used to /pol/acks

what is wrong with you?

/pol/ any different from feminists.

Why would I ever get used to this bullshit? It's the most annoying thing on Veeky Forums right now.

>It's the most annoying thing on Veeky Forums right now.
>right now

>>>/tumblr/ is not here.

It'll go away m8, it's just the new cool thing for contrarians. Once /pol/ realises what authoritarianism really looks like, they will drive out the stormfags by themselves. Might have to endure a couple more years though, depending on election results.

Yeah, you're right. Maybe this should just be my cue to stop coming here for a while. It hasn't been enjoyable for a long time now.

kettle black

Annoying how ? There's literally nothing annoying about it.
>Bern victim tries to lecture about politics
kek

Good idea, stick to reddit and tumblr that's what I do.

That top video was the worst piece of media i've seen in my life and the second video is down.

This is definitely the worst Veeky Forums has been imo, I've never seen a bunch of so uneducated people acting so much like chimps. Ironic since they liken blacks to apes too.

Still better than anywhere else on the internet imo, just report unrelated posts and limit the /pol/ leakage, that way you can still enjoy this place until this whole thing goes away.

define "pol" posts

That's a very long repertoire of opinions to cover, but just off the top of my head:
>fascist/neo-nazi propaganda in general, "blacks r dum look at this pic of a nigger and a chimp"
>"liberal conspiracy"
>"jews"
>"Veeky Forums is /pol/" newfags
>"I hate SJWs so much haha look at me xDD" attention-seeking posts
>any post containing the word "SJW" when referring to any poster on Veeky Forums
>"nu-male"
>"climate change is gommie conspiracy" oil shills
>"anyone who isn't alt-right or fascist is SJW" polar extreme posting
>historically/politically uneducated people who blame "lefties" for everything

A whole lot of other shit as well, this is just what I recall at the moment.

Don't forget calling any and everyone who isn't as delusional as me a "cuck"

>anyone against the SJW is pol
pol is also the containment board for SJWtards. Making me think that you are one of them considering how biased and one sided your definition of pol is.

>blacks r dum
>"jews"
Is human population genetics off the table of discussion? Why? Arn't you least bit curious?

>"climate change is gommie conspiracy" oil shills
What the fuck? People can debate climate science here and people have been doing so for forever. Just copy paste those skepticalscience resources to look real smart.

>historically/politically uneducated people who blame "lefties" for everything
Not one post in this thread is blaming lefties.

>Anyone who calls me SJW is pol
Such a SJWtarded definition of pol you got there. You are literally the crying bitch in this video and you claim anyone who's sick of your presence on Veeky Forums is pol.

Fuck off back to your reddit safe space even though reddit hates your cancerous ass as well.

lel, true

>Is human population genetics off the table of discussion? Why? Arn't you least bit curious?
No, quite the contrary. What I am referring to, however, is bait threads that imply blacks are inferior with no citations or arguments except for a pic of an ugly af nigger. Also those that outright dismiss environmental effects like education on the state of niggers worldwide. Even if a thread goes well though (never happens because OP is always a faggot as described above), someone will accuse the other of being SJW or /pol/, and things go downhill from there.

I do find it worrisome that you are defending jewposting. The idea itself that jews are controlling the world and encourage race-mixing because blacks are easier to control or w/e is laughable at best, mentally ill at worst. The more astute /pol/acks (if there are any) will use jew as an allegory for corporate leaders however, which is a real upcoming threat as they grow more and more in power. But the common /pol/ack will use the jew insult literally, on anyone with a jewish ancestry.

>Not one post in this thread is blaming lefties.
I did say I was covering a repertoire of opinions, did I not? Where did I say it would be from this thread only? Reading comprehension.

>climate science denial
Still science denial. Just because posters with certain political agendas like to "doubt" actual scientific research by citing conspiracies does not render said research more vulnerable to denial. This is not the thread for that, however.

I do hope you are just misunderstanding what I wrote. Large numbers of SJWs do not exist on Veeky Forums as they populate other internet havens, therefore "SJW" is used by the people I mentioned as a way to strawman some posters' opinion, because Veeky Forums universally hates radical SJWs. Either that or it is used in the polar extreme posting I mentioned, where opposing /pol/ means you are an SJW automatically.

an example of such cancer

would fuck her desu

SJWtards are the people who are lying and distorting the facts in the name of political correctness, which is the last thing that should happen on a board dedicated to science and facts. There are lots of SJWtard infectious posters who act like this board is their personal blog and constantly calling everyone /pol/ who don't want SJWtard propaganda on their board.

So stop trying to hopelessly defend SJWtards yet try to appear like a centrist. You're making it worse for yourself.

>SJWtards are the people who are lying and distorting the facts in the name of political correctness, which is the last thing that should happen on a board dedicated to science and facts.

Requesting examples of such "facts" that are being distorted by SJWs on Veeky Forums on Veeky Forums (topkek).

>I did say I was covering a repertoire of opinions, did I not? Where did I say it would be from this thread only? Reading comprehension.

We are in a bait thread right now. I am not seeing any lefty bashing.

Regarding ZOG conspiracy, no I do not believe in that stuff and it really has no place here. There are however interesting topics to be discussed stemming from Jewish ancestry based on their genetics, due to their religion and geopolitical aspirations. However such a topic is on the fringe of Veeky Forums I admit. It might just about scrape through if the question was worded properly and aimed at population genetics or archaeogenetics rather than geopolitics.

On the topic of intelligence of different human population groups, I really don't see how that can't be conducted in a civil fashion. It seems that such a (bait) thread () exists in the catalogue as we speak. I think that there is level of civility in that thread so far, no singling of a population group has occurred it seems.

>Still science denial.

It's not really science denial. Are people such as Dyson Freeman who question models in denial? It can be a healthy debate in science. People can debate about the impact of warming for example - why such warming might be considered good etc.

Impact of genes on intelligence.

>impact of genes on intelligence
>distorted on Veeky Forums

what the hell are you on about? Noone denies that genetics plays a main role in the shaping of phenotypic intelligence (or some form of it, because we can't even define intelligence, let alone measure it), but that is far from the whole story, as there is a LOT we do not know about genetics and far more importantly, the brain. If you're trying to move this debate to blacks r dum territory, then you should be discussing different things like the reliability of IQ, societal influence, education etc, not impact of genes on intelligence as there is no good evidence to indicate that blacks have inferior intelligence from birth (if you can even establish a good metric for intelligence, that is), yet.

a cornerstone of feminist theory is that lived experience makes reality inherently different for certain people

this is where they get the patriarchy stuff from, because the world we live in was set up patriarchically and this oppresses women because culture was created from a patrairchic standpoint... blah blah whatever you get the idea

so, no it is not compatible with science. feminism would be more concerned about the person performing the lab tests than the actual tests

while hard sciences strive for objective truth, feminism is convinced their is only subjective truth... but then again, i have no idea what those nubags teach nowadays

>Noone denies
I've seen otherwise. Till early this year many people here would simply dismiss claims that IQ can be significantly defined through genetics alone.

Firstly:
>because we can't even define intelligence
This was posted in the other thread
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_Science_on_Intelligence#Conclusions

> If you're trying to move this debate to blacks r dum territory
See this is the problem here, I am not. When I issue a statement such as

>impact of genes on intelligence
It is a statement that neither brings population groups into the equation nor needs such an idea.

The idea here is that genes play a significant role in intelligence, SJWs deny such claims. They tend more towards the blank slate ideology.

I will one last comment since you brought up
>IQ, societal influence, education etc
The environment represents noise in a genetic system. If you isolate the noise then what you are left with is purely genetic. There are plenty of studies where you can compare different population groups under similar conditions. The current literature around the problem you are propping up is not as barren as you describe it to be.

this