H2O molecule vs spermatozoon

If H2O molecule is about 0.1nM in diameter large and spermatozoon is something like 5.1microM large, can watertesting condom make sure, if it won't let any water through, that it will also won't let any spermatozoon through?

I mean like, as we are speaking in science, there should be some 100% answer.

While doing some own research on the internet, simply because im curious, I wasn't actually able to find some scientifically proven answer onto question.

If you could somehow prove your answer or link a source, that'd be great.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_bond#Hydrogen_bonds_in_water
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_tunneling_of_water
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CgEeuZGmUvw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

lol Americans...

back to with your hatred

Condoms are for degenerates. Just get a copper IUD.

I mean there's no need for speaking about what contraception to use. I just want some scientifically proven answer on my question

Yes, your logic is sound

Under standard regimes I would assume it to be true.

However the recent discovery of 4th phase motion in water molecules means this could now be invalid under extreme conditions. As water has now been show to phase though normal solids up to 2cm under laboratory conditions. Because of how new this discovery is I would still wait for more research, but the current data is promising and would help explain some things about molecular level quantum tunneling.

>not even having sex
>balls near uterus
>sperm quantum tunnels in
>pregnant

this doesnt sound great guys

Didn't hear about it. But what are these conditions that needs to be applied? Also, there are lots of variables in water like surface tension and so on, thats why Im asking, if my hypotese is true or not.

Actually, the other problem is material itself. E.g. if you take to account HIV and H2O molecules, HIV is still something like 1000times larger. But if you use rubber, HIV will get through while water not. If you use latex, then its also HIV tight. That's why Im asking, as Im no expert on this stuff, materials...

put it this way. If you as so much stand CLOSE to an HIV positive individual, the HIV viral particles can quantum tunnel into your anus.

HIV without even having sex.

Water molecules also glue together by hydrogen bonds, I'm not sure if it's relevant, though: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_bond#Hydrogen_bonds_in_water

That's why they say it's only gay if the balls touch.

kek

Don't use birth control. There is a religious minority trying to prevent white people from breeding. Don't allow that.

I don't know the stupid news people never ask such critically important details. But the equipment in the lab looked like typical low energy cryonic stuff and the few articles mention similar things. I would assume it is some kind of crazy second condition of super cooling, something similar to what extreme super cooled hydrogen does. Quantum effects can be easier to study when you don't have as many energetic states to deal with.

But if that is the case I what to know how they got it so far without crystallizing, along with more details then this sad excuse for a wiki.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_tunneling_of_water
I assume after some point of typical super cooling the system might loose enough to not have the energy needed to release the energy it has, like some negative meta-stable state? Or were they just really really careful?

Well, I'm not an expert of quantum physics so I can't agree or disagree, but it seems it got out of my question actually. I'm not sure, if while we are in normal conditions, will these quantum phenomenas have any affect on the outcome of the question

According to experts there is a statistical chance that a water molecular could tunnel through solid matter. However when asking for the odds of that under normal conditions on earth they often just start laughing and ask how to deal with number so ridiculously big.

So I wouldn't worry about a water molecule tunneling though a condom in my lifetime. Even if it did it wouldn't have any significant impact I can think of.

Yea, but the question was that if water is unable to get through condome, is spermatozoon unable as well? Because is obvious if there is a leakage of water, then there is a chance of spermatozoon leaking as well, but I ask for a situation where there is no water leakage

if water cannot pass though the condom, then I see no reason why sperm cells, which are thousands of times larger than water, would be able to pass through.

Your not asking your real question. Your real question is.

Can a condom leak sperm and make me a daddy?

The answer is not under normal operation condition, that is kind of what they are made specifically to do. The amount of R&D behind condom engineering and testing is extensive. That begin said, not system is perfect.

I personally just recommend abstinence as it is the most effective method.

I was actually just finding a way to be 100% sure. If "after" you watertest a condom and it won't leak any water, is it possible that it have leaked spermatozoon any way? (Any silent way, because water's not leaking). But as I said, there are lots of variables that can play a role as in rubber gloves watertight and HIV case, that's why ask in science room

I was told many years ago in sex ed that testing a condom could damage or weaken it so it was ill advised.

I assume the strict testing at the manufacturing plant is far more controlled and safe compared to a person with a garden hose. Also looked like they tested with gas from the old video I saw, which makes sense as gas is far more permeable then liquids, barring some reaction state.

But here a prom condom video you might like. (reasonably work safe, as condom videos go, but still wouldn't watch at work.)
youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=CgEeuZGmUvw

But seriously, just wait till you get married and want a kid.

Also read up on how to use them, there are small details people often miss on how to use them properly. Once again reading the manual helps.

I'd test it not before but after. If my question will be answered as when there is no water leak, spermatozoon couldn't get through as well, then I'll know there is a 100% chance, she won't get pregnant. But if water will be leaking, she'll need to use 'morning after pill'. Otherwise, if sperm could leak even if water won't be leaking after filling condom after encounter, there's no satisfactory way to test it.

Intermolecular forces between water molecules can stop it going through holes big enough for the eye to see.

So does that mean, if there is no leak of water, there can still be leak of spermatozoon?