Does Veeky Forums watch anime?

And what is the anime of the Veeky Forums world? (excluding manga/comics)

Only anime movies, don't care much for series. Last I saw I think was Tokyo Godfathers, which was as beautiful, sombre and delicate as any other Satoshi Kon film. Highly recommended.

there's an entire board dedicated to these stupid cartoons

fuck off

I haven't seen it in years, but I can never forget how much I loved Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Hunter x Hunter is also maybe the greatest show I've ever seen. Yu Yu Hakusho was also great fun that got me through a lot of bad times.

I'm still not done watching Dragon Ball Z, but I will finish the Buu arc some day. Not sure if I wanna watch Super, from what I've heard I think I'd appreciate GT a lot more.

I enjoy a lot of older anime and manga, from the 70s and 80s, usually by artists and writers like Yoshihiro Tatsumi Leiji Matsumoto, Yoshiyuki Tomino, Kazuo Umezu etc. I watch and read a little bit of everything really but I mostly stick to older material. Especially since I like the shading and designs quite a lot. More modern writers I like Fukumoto, Asano, Ito, Satoshi Kon and Jiro Taniguchi.

I'm currently catching up on Super, so far it isn't bad, sure some stupid moments here and there but it isn't totally terrible. I'm still in the early episodes though but the SOL stuff was fun. Felt like Toriyama was trying to go back to the routes of the original Dragonball a little.

Serial Experiments Lain is god-tier

I watched "The flowers of Evil" recommended by an user on another Manga thread. Truth is, I think every Veeky Forums user has been or still is the protagonist before his great breaktrough. Everyone should give it a look, it has very few anime cliches and Japanese insecurities about being squinted eyes perverts.

Nodame Cantabile was really good.

No because in terms of philosophical themes books are better and in terms of cinematography movies are better.
Anime is shit tier garbage.

Not Veeky Forums related, delete this thread.

You could have at least made it about manga

>Battleship starring Rhianna is better than Akira

different things are different bro. There are good things and bad things of all kinds of things

>in terms of cinematography movies are better

the whole site is based on a japanese site, it's an integral part of the community you swine.

Think of a book that would be better with Goku in it

Goku would save Quentin from that river

Even though some people say that it is overrated (which it is, but that doesn't mean it is mediocre), Oyasumi Punpun is a great work.

At last, a reasonable statement on this board. Thank you mate.

OP here, when I said "excluding manga" I meant don't just say "manga" in general as a response. If you think particular manga are Veeky Forums worthy, what and why?

This, Anime movies are great. Season animes are cancer. Manga is top tier tho.

Also fuck off go to /a/

The best of movies are miles better than the best of anime. Anime is a waste of time.

>Does Veeky Forums watch anime?
No.
/thread

Yes

No, I grew up.