Does smoking make you a better writer?

does smoking make you a better writer?

Writing makes you a better writer

that's not what I asked

Smoking what? Weed? Nah, lowers your attention span and aesthetic standards.

This

nicotine.
Stephen king says he writes better on it.
Not putting much stock in kings opinions alone doe

>Stephen king says he writes better on it.
stephen king wouldn't recognize good writing if a copy of Infinite Jest hit him in the face

Even if it does, it won't make you a good writer.

why do you assume that I am a bad writer, not practicing actual writing, etc etc? Or even that I'm a writer at all and not just someone asking a question without an agenda?

>why do you assume that I'm a writer at all and not just someone asking a question without an agenda?
these kinds of contemplations prove that you're a bad writer

Why does that matter, why not just address the question? for the record I would never smoke.

>To my mind, there have been two great American novels in the past 50 years. Catch-22 is one; this is the other. For pop culture vultures like me, the central plot is fascinating: The late James O. Incandenza has created an ‘’entertainment’’ — Infinite Jest — so irresistible you can’t stop watching it. Three dozen terrific characters spin out from this, my favorite being Joelle Van Dyne, a.k.a. the P.G.O.A.T.: Prettiest Girl of All Time. But it all comes back to that lethal film — because for guys like me, irresistible entertainment, lethal or not, is the holy grail.

woah user. you destroyed him/her

Oh golly, I've been memed on!

Youre just a memebuoy

it's a stimulant, so in theory it could. in theory, coffee or tea or stabbing yourself in the arm would also have the same effect so long as it wasn't your writing arm.

all stimulants are not the same.

Yes, and you should start this instant.

smoking is literally not even pleasant

congrats on falling for the ultimate meme if you've managed to trick yourself into believing that inhaling dirty, stinky fumes into your wheezy lungs is actually pleasant

it's the only answer, fuck you.

friendly reminder that Stephen King's taste is far more patrician than DFW's