How come no one here reads Jane Austin?

How come no one here reads Jane Austin?

sucks and is boring

I read Jane Austen instead.

that typo makes it look like you were in the Austen and Brontes thread the other day where everyone else gave reasons why she sucks and your only defense after admitting she was boring was that people don't understand comedies of manners, waaaaah
she's a boring bitch and the reason why you like her is the same reason why the vapid bitches she bitched about when she was alive made her famous: you're a vapid bitch.

No I was just wondering why no one ever talked about her even though her novels get the most amount of reviews and my local thrift shop has a ton of her books there which means people are buying her stuff. It's just a curiosity that was lingering in my head user. THanks for clearing it up I guess.

I have to hear enough dumb boring shit from my girlfriend on a weekly basis. The last thing I want to do after listening to her say dumb bitch woman things is to read more dumb bitch woman things.

I wish rape was legal. That'd shut her up.

Who's Jane Austin?

>How come no one here reads
Good question

cause women read her and this is Veeky Forums

texan drag queen

My kinda shit posting tbdesu

I do though

Jane Austin is the Capital of Jane Texas. It has a good Jane music scene.

Emma is good.

We are afraid of and hate women.

Like Austen?

I've read some of Persuasion and it felt too cold and mechanical, like there was no actual passion in the novel and the characters were just robots. This is a sentiment I feel towards the majority of British lit and I think it's all overrated for the most part.

kek dudes will generally like reading books written by men, because they're able to identify with the style of writing and context. I'm sure if I was a chick I would be able to understand Austen and engage with her novels better.

I do. I kind of enjoy her.

You have no fucking argument. Kill yourself.

Pride and prejudice is one of the funniest novels I have ever read.

After reading that I bought her other books. I have yet to read them

Arnold's grandfather had to go into witness protection after everyone accused him of being a paedophile for taking out two underage girls for the night. He moved to Quahog and changed his name to Herbert.