Is 'absolute power corrupts' a meme?

Is 'absolute power corrupts' a meme?

Yes, most people misquote it, don't know the source and don't know the context.

Meme in the sense that it's actually memetic, sure.

Interesting

Go on...

Absolutely

memetic just means cultural info or knowledge thats passed around

absolutely

Replicated monkey studies have shown that power is as addictive as the strongest drugs out there.

Hegel believed power to be a problem in developing self-consciousness. In the relationship between master and slave, the slave, who will be set to work by the master, will be able to discover the limits of his own self by the confines of his role, and because he is set to work he will discover moreover his ability in the particular to create, but also then in the abstract of owning the capacity to create; that is he will discover himself. However, as the master understands himself and accomplishes his work through the slave he will not come into contact with his own capacities, abilities, etc, but will instead develop fear of his slave who is, by the work set to him, developing a greater capacity to create due to the feedback provided by the work he does.

>in Christianity the more of a servant one is, the higher in the hierarchy of Heaven they are
>God Himself became the ultimate servant in Jesus
at last I truly see

Yes, we're always corrupt, absolute power just showcases it.

schlave morality runs p deep

What is absolute power? There's no such thing. Not attainable to man, in any case.

It corrupts the weak ones, who found hedonism somehow interesting for them. Subhumans in other words. They don't know shit about greater things.

I forget who said it, but all absolute power does is reveal who someone has secretly been all along.

Power and corruption are spooks.

Spooks are the only spooks.

>Hegel

Do I look like I give a FUCK?

He's only ever had one practically useful idea, and even then for all the wrong reasons.

Where can I read more of this?

Lord Acton himself was a meme who got BTFO at Vatican I

Phenomenology of Spirit, but would caution reading it, it's very difficult. Worthwhile though. Look up master/slave dialectic.

No, but it's wrong that absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Unless you're born into that power.

Why does this image resonate with this post so well?

Nah, it's just that corrupt people are the ones who get and stay in power.
If you'll do anything to become more powerful, chances are you're gonna do a lot of bad things.

bum p

b/c gucci is based

His tongue is close to the front of his teeth implying a lisp