You know it's true

You know it's true

Other urls found in this thread:

fliptomato.wordpress.com/2007/03/19/medical-researcher-discovers-integration-gets-75-citations/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Good list.

t. chemistry undergrad

We already have a list

>tfw almost all my friends are doing finance

I find it funny that Veeky Forums ranks math and physics highest even though the most important person in both of those fields basically proved math to be relative to our position in the universe and Newton to be completely off the mark

so because a guy was off the mark the field is now lesser than others. k.

think about that.

yeah sorry man, I'd like to solve this set of coupled differential equations for you, but Mercury is in quadrature and Io is eclipsed by Jupiter.

Is that bad?

yeah cause theyre plebs

I've thought about and nothing changed.

kek. That isn't something you admit. Silly autist.

What's wrong with finance?

Why do you do this.

I know a decent amount about all of these fields, with my heaviest investment in biology, medicine, physics, and computer science.

Why is mathematicians even in the list ? They literally have no use in the real world.

Obvious bait.
No one respond.

just look at OPs image

finance is basically one step above art students

OP here

me too, that's why I can rank them, because I know about them

Nah.

Political science, sociology, psychology and economics are a shitfest

Business is a meme

Everything else got a good grade

What's your problem?

Im meant to just take that picture as gospel?

Mathfags are the autists of the world of science who got stuck on babby level with your pointless hypoythetical dumb garbage, while the rest of the sciences, cure cancer, build cars and go to Mars :^)

World would be no different if mathematicians dissapeared tomorrow.

>World would be no different if mathematicians dissapeared tomorrow.
Of course it wouldn't, physicists are why many "abstract" and "pure" mathematicians exist. They invented them. Mathematicians just jerk off to quarter-century-old conjectures.

Jokes on you, my knowledge of mathematics is at a 6th grade level. :^)

Here, have some extra meme faces.
:^)
;^)

We've already have a good list Mathematics is always on top.

You can't do physics without mathematics...
If you aren't using mathematics in physics then your work is trivial

This. I wouldn't care about mathfags being as pointless as they are, but then every last one of them is a self-aggrandizing douche. So you know stuff about numbers, hooray. You still don't know how to use a fucking screwdriver.

if you aren't using math in your physics you're...in philosophy?

Wouldn't go and be making blanket statements like that...unless you have proof ^^
>fyi i have a counterexample so...don't waste ur time :D

Sounds accurate. I would possibly list CS a bit lower depending whether or not we're talking about meme degrees that go into "user experience" and so on.

>geology above engineering
go back to masturbating with rocks

>theologists deserve more credit than teachers and attorneys

Why would engineering be above computer science when computer science is effectively just math?

This list is shit though

move geology and compsci one down

move biology and medicine up a gap

move economics up a factorial

and you have the perfect Veeky Forums list

He looks so fat there, even in the dark-as-my-soul fit.

>geology

What if I am Psychological Sciences (psych with neuro) Major. Mathematics Minor?

Is there a tier for shitty gods?

godly shit tier

>Computer science is good discipline but bad degree
agreed
t. guy with BS in computer science

Wait, what? Who concluded that mathematics isn't Lorentz invariant?

Physics always tries to cozy up against math even though mathfags think physicsfags are brain damaged morons like the rest of the empiricists.

Haha is this bait?

Teachers suck
The only way to get a job in law is nepotism

non-empiricists are notorious for coming up with retarded ideas (see the stupid shit Plato and Descartes believed in)

>those guys are retarded
>those guys are non-empiricists
>mathematicians are non-empiricists
>therefore mathematicians are retarded

You are a perfect example of an empiricist who can't into formal logic. Kys yourself.

>Implying astronomy and physics aren't the same thing

>non-empiricists are notorious for coming up with retarded ideas
equals
>mathematicians are retarded

And you said I can't into logic, kek

mathematics is different because you start working from a set of axioms, and it's all abstract

but when you try to explain reality using only "logic" and no observations/experiments, you'll end up with retarded ideas:

- The idea that weight matters when it comes to free fall was widely accepted for centuries, even though a simple test could have put it down, but non-empiricists thought their logic was sound and no experiment was therefore needed

- Descartes concluded using logic that animals felt no pain, again, something a simple test could have put down

and history is full of such examples, fact of the matter is reality can be derived logically, but you would need to know a priori the axioms, so the task of empiricism is to find approximations to the axioms (laws of the universe) so we can use logic to derive correct results

>Geology
>Low tier

Top tier or upper mid tier more like. $80k starting, $140k after 3 years. Not bad cash and not even a meme.....
If you can get the job.

Mathematicians don't care about physics. Why should they, it's literally retard tier.

Descartes problem is that he's using shit tier axioms and poorly defined terminology. Then again the guy was a dipshit who believed in dualism so what do you expect.

>A mathfag (non-empiricists) calls empiricists retarded.
>An empiricist flips out and makes presumably relevant argument against empiricists.

So either the argument was against mathfags or it was just some tangential rambling by a dumb empiricist.

who is that guy?

You guys are fucking dumb if you think philosophy is bad. Why are there so many anti-intellectuals on Veeky Forums

Math can afford to not be empirical because it's abstract.

But trying to use non-empiricism to explain reality will produce hilarious (and wrong) results.

What do you mean by "philosophy"?

Logic or Foucault?

Hope he means the former.

sum1 gotta do it tho

>finance over economics when finance is just a branch of economics

>psychology not at the bottom

>no anthropology, not even physical anthropology

Kek at all the unwitting philosophy being done ITT.

>old degree chart doesn't get as many replies
>make a new one in a different format
>all the undergrads fall for it

What the fuck is astronomy without physics.

le everything is philosophy meme

>CS is Waste of Life Tier

Almost all applied math and science being done today involves working with computers. Being a badass programmer is an incredibly valuable skill for a scientist and a good CS program will give you that skill.

Connecting the lights in the sky with lines to make cool pictures.

>Newton didn't have the data we do now so modern physics is lame
Wew lad

I want to believe this is shit posting

God damn, you're dumb.

>philosophy above econ

kek. fuck yourself.

>medicine below geology

at least I'm a chem undergrad right haha im fucked

Actually I mean both. Logic is a very useful branch of philosophy but there's a lot to be learned from Plato, Locke, Hobbes, Nietzsche, etc.

Philosophy is the new Art

fliptomato.wordpress.com/2007/03/19/medical-researcher-discovers-integration-gets-75-citations/

>there's a lot to be learned from Plato, Locke, Hobbes, Nietzsche, etc.
kek

Economics should be with finance and replace philosophy, and it would be perfect (though still seems to ignore engineering). Philosophy is absolutely useless unless you're going to law school, in which case it helps you learn to think correctly, but still isn't as useful as mathematics or physics.

so your field has to go to utter shit before you can reach god tier?

chemistry PhD graduate student here. This field fucking sucks, its PhD or die, academia is plagued with politics, but if you survive a gauntlet you may come out successful provided you made sure to study something useful

>i shoot xrays at carbon nanotubes

you better save every penny from that stipend, because you're starting at McDs when you get out of school.

anthony fantano

the needle drop on youtube

Where does Biochem fall under?

Is it a useful major?

>Geology
>above anything
What the fuck?

>implying CS teaches you how to code
>implying CS majors aren't terrible coders
>implying there even are good CS programs

8.1/10

>Scientists
>Engineers
one of the tools we businessmen-economists use to make money kek

Tard

how's geophysics?

he's just bulking bro

>Law
>Low tier

Enjoy your math equations while I make bank you bitch boy.

>"The number is false"

>build cars and go to mars
I would probably ask an engineer

>getting out idea of what are good and bad fields of study from fucking Veeky Forums
please tell me you aren't this retarded

Not everyone's daddy is Hilary Clinton

Pretty much the same as chem

Either get a PhD and move to one of the coasts or expect to be a lab tech while you slowly climb the industry ladder. Many people say there is a glass ceiling without a higher degree.

Are you really so insecure to justify your life decisions that you "rank" majors based off personal anecdotes, or at best, collective Veeky Forums anecdotes of all things? Just do what you like and stop judging other people. Hell, try different shit out.

Mathematics major by the way. I still think of dropping it for a trade because being sedentary all day for the sake of being "intellectual" is a bullshit way to live a life. You call yourselves rational but you're clearly deluded by your own ego.

Bruh

In what way? I can only imagine the shit that you're content and assured enough to believe to justify a statement like that. God damn....

>theology
>not God tier
It literally is, though

Fug

I wanna be a PA later on, so maybe a bachelors in that would suffice

engineering is elder god tier.

>tfw I'm a law pleb and wish I had studied something else, like math or physics.

Guys, how do I rank up? Am I too late at 22?

Also, I can confirm law is pretty shit tier.

Is it easy to enter in math if your GPA (3.0) has tanked because of doing an unrelated major that I hate?

Also is math doable in general?

Law always seemed pretty interesting to work in, why is it shit-tier? What kind of work do you do? What's it like studying law?

At least law gets you a guaranteed good-paying job provided you put the time in, contrary to math, physics or any other pure science degree.

I mostly meme'd when I said it was shit tier. I mostly mean that I find it boring, since it's all about memorizing boring and often arbitrary rules, articles and judgments of courts. The rest of the work as a lawyer is mostly to speak well and be able to deal with people well (impress them, selling yourself, etc.). Plus, at least where I live, the job market for lawyers is pretty awful. Sure, they'll tell you you'll make 100k$+, but more realistically that's after 10 years practice, if you get a good job to begin with, which are more and more rare since there's too much lawyers and law graduates. Realistically, if you graduate now in law, you'll be doing a job in an unrelated field (like working for a bank or something).

It gets boring to get your mind filled with laws, articles, the constitution, was is legal, what is not, who you can sue, etc. It shapes your mind into thinking differently, and not, I feel, in a good way, since it's mostly arbitrary.

Also, the competition is pretty harsh overall.

I understand you might have more chances to land a good job than some pure science degree, but if you do a computer science degree or applied math like actuary you'll have a much better job than if you had studied law.

I would just have preferred to have studied something I am actually interested in like mathematics or maybe physics.

Is this Veeky Forums anymore? We are getting too real senpai

> You know it's true

That mathemeticians have the most time to shitpost on the internet?

oh noooooooooooo