Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/gallery/ngExKHr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Women authors are good

Wolfe/Asimov/Lem/LeGuin/Dick are good enough to be "real literature"

>even joking about Lem

>956 comments
How??

I've read many diverse novels all the way from The Hunger Games to The Fault In Our Stars

Yeah, only plebs use the word "women" as an adjective.

3047 people upvoted that

imgur.com/gallery/ngExKHr

if you ever wondered why Veeky Forums took a massive dip in quality in the past year
>1,124,059 views

now this is autism

>23,040 points
I tried the upvote button, turns out you need a fucking imgur account for that.
Who the fuck has an imgur account?

>retards whining that only three females are included
Ah, that explains the recent influx of SJWs.

Seriously. Who the fuck upvotes this shit

>As an owner of a Bachelor's in English, I have read many of these. Faulkner and Dostoevsky are amazing. Just got a copy of 1984
Haha holy shit, that comment section is actually pretty amusing.

That guy who can't even fathom someone completing Moby-Dick of all things

I had a highschool friend who would say "thankee sai" or whatever in texts. Fucking awful.

Aren't these threads just fuel for your already inflated egos, Veeky Forums?

If I had any kind of ego then I would not be here.

Lmfao is a this a joke? I hope so. I really do.

Those comments. Wow.

>I'll throw in a few. Pillars of the Earth, Ready Player One, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Hot Zone, The Stand, The Martian, Gone Girl

>The master as margarita was the best book ever! A talking cat!

>Hated Catcher in the Rye, and nobody's been able to explain why it was good.

>The book thief, We need to talk about Kevin, Before I die, the girl with the dragon tatoo series...I think this list lacks modern reads

>You don't read Moby Dick. You might read excerpts of Moby Dick, but you don't straight up read all of Moby Dick.

>Harper Lee's "To Kill A Mockingbird" is neither on the list nor yet to be found in the comments ..*sigh*

>Hey! Four of these were written by women! That makes Veeky Forums 4 percent less sexist than I would've predicted! Way to go, internet!

>My wife is having a shit-fit as I write, I'm being told strongly upvote the fuck out of your comment, tangentially-person. agree+++++++++++

>As a school teacher, don't blame us.... My top 100 wouldn't have looked much like this.

>Nothing by Stephen King? Really?...

>post retarded shit on Veeky Forums
>thread 404s in 30 minutes

>post retarded shit on reddit
>3000 upvotes

People post in retarded threads a lot here too..

An ex used to use the word grok from Stranger in a Strange Land a lot

It's actually in most dictionaries now, which is pretty stupid.

>What is this, just a compilation of every highschool's summer reading list?
based

woah this is unbearably bad. reddit clings to 1984 like a moth to a flame, they love how it speaks out against le government and opens their eyes to new ideas on freedom and regulation of thought.

What a terrible comment section, this is why the moment elitism dies on this board it'll turn into another reddit chatbox like /tv/ is currently.

Comic/cape shit killed tv for good and you hardly see any real movie discussions on le classics.

Hilarious when every Redditor has his thoughts regulated by being a Redditor.

>You don't read Moby Dick. You might read excerpts of Moby Dick, but you don't straight up read all of Moby Dick.

>Same with Ulysses. Seriously, you got to be sick to read Ulysses on its own and understand it

>Say it with me now: "David Foster Wallace is a hack and no one would care about him if he hadn't hung himself."

>Hey! Four of these were written by women! That makes Veeky Forums 4 percent less sexist than I would've predicted! Way to go, internet!

>Anyone who doesn't have at least one Pratchett book in their top 100 is not to be trusted.

>Veeky Forums is full of pretentious douschbags who got banned from reddit desu

>List figuratively screams "look at my lit degree I've read all the classics"

>From skimming this list, Veeky Forums seems to think the best books are almost exclusively written by white men

>Game of Thrones isn't mentioned

it truly is another world out there

It's literally hell.

>>Say it with me now: "David Foster Wallace is a hack and no one would care about him if he hadn't hung himself."
That was probably someone from here memeing

>I recently asked my wife if she would like to palaver
> my wife
Damn i really hope he's sterile

Tolkien is for plebs.

True, and actually I agree witht the comment. Only part it forgot to include is no discernible talent.

I hope this finally proves to all the "incel" /r9k/ frogposters here that literally anyone can get a girl to fall in love with him

"I listen to audiobooks"

mfw my freshman english teacher assigns gravity's rainbow for summer reading

im not sure about this. i love ""audiobooks"" of shakespeare's plays, but thats just radio performances.

or i suppose its more authentic to read homer or beowulf in audiobook form

>why aren't le Stephen King and GRRRRM and Terroi Pratchett xDD on the list ????
Jesus Christ

>even reddit calls people reddit

No it's to fuel my fear that this board will be overrun with these kinds of people. Veeky Forums may be retarded and exclusive but at least the standard is generally actual literature, I don't want to attempt to discuss anything I've recently read only to be met with, "omg y u read old books nerd" comments like everyone who's posting is 13. Despite how dumb it can get on here people are at least willing to discuss literature on some level, even if that level of conversation is, "The prose is shit" "He rapes his sister" "old no cornfather" it's still on topic.

>>Say it with me now: "David Foster Wallace is a hack and no one would care about him if he hadn't hung himself."

this one is true desu

I do. Was pretty fun until the SJWs invaded.

I enjoy reading.

>I've read these They're aight, I've never stayed up reading them avoiding much needed rest or study to an exam like I did w/ HP Half Blood

Yes, although every board does this

>Veeky Forums is full of pretentious douschbags who got banned from reddit desu
I dunno man, I could believe this one

You're right. Only a pleb would need to say that (or think that "good" = "is literature").

Yeah, fuck using words that only came about in books.

Like Fiona, or freelance, or serendipity.

Yes, narcissist and proud.

It was a pretty good book.
God damn.
I believe it. My English teacher said she couldn't make it past the first page of Ulysses.
mrw* ;)
Pratchett is good. He's just not at all THAT good. Even Martin's okay, although it's bloody weird to think he should be on a top 100 Veeky Forums list. But King's genuinely horrible. I don't know why *anyone* likes him, pleb or not.
Reddit's as self-hating as we are, you know.

Oh man I saw this and thought about posting it hereā€¦but I held back. The comments there are so fucking autistic that it hurt my frontal lobe whenever I read one.

This one is true.

The reason so many people hate female characters in fiction (or on TV or in videogames) is because so many of them are "strong" mary sues with literally zero flaws, because having your female character do literally anything wrong will get you crucified on the internet for being a misogynist.

It comes from people thinking Plot = Important, and Anything Else = Useless.
They're right. They're plebs, sure, but this is Reddit (which is popular), not Veeky Forums (which is niche as fuck).

so depressing
if youre a redditor plese leave
we hate you

nomen omen

>implying bait threads don't reach 200 posts almost every day

It is one of the best tho

>Women authors are well

FTFY

>mine don't

Drive 14 hours each way on 95 for work every month, then see if they still disgust you

>imgur.com/gallery/ngExKHr
>if you ever wondered why Veeky Forums took a massive dip in quality in the past year

There goes /pol/ again believing that there are others to blame except them for ruining every board they touch.

Why I disliked Jane Eyre.

The entire first row is memes...

That's what podcasts are for. You know, things you are actually supposed to fucking listen to you dumb fuck?

>if you love the classic cover art,check out Out of print clothing. I spend way too much there.

There are people who buy shirts with book covers on them. Holy fuck

>you aren't supposed to listen to oral works like Greek epics
Pseud

But Joe Rogan only talks to hunters now and I've come to find that Tim Ferriss is a corporate shill. Also they all have friggin ads

>From skimming this list, Veeky Forums seems to think the best books are almost exclusively written by white men
oh haha how silly :)

Yeah it's great, not due to the talking cat though

>Serbia
>SERBIA
why, we had some of the finest writers

>Joe Rogan

This truly is a great pleb thread.

His episodes helped me through some tough times. I think he's a decent masculine role model given the plague of numale podcast hosts.

Actually agree here.

epic, simply epic
truly, that poster was BTFO'd
have all of my upboats, good sir

Why did you fucking idiots vote Infinite Jest to first place
I think people were just memeing, I can't remember, or something wrong with how the poll was conducted
It shouldn't be anywhere near the first place, shouldn't be on the list at all

Don't see what's so bad about this one

Mein Gott!

BEE go

t. that person's mad ex

>3 points
Well that hardly counts. It's when thousands of people agree with them that it stings.