Who gave you the idea that reality is material?

Who gave you the idea that reality is material?

Wanna bet it isn't?

Did you get dropped on the floor as a baby too?

An idiot who does some psychedelics is still only an idiot who has had his idiocy widened.

"If an ass goes a traveling he will not come back a horse."

nah bro he did dmt once and listens to joe rogan podcasts

he's reached full enlightenment!!!

what an absolute shitty quote

by an absolute nobody

and only 20 years ago too

I am just saying the idea of material seems pretty concrete when you get dropped on concrete before you can form ideas.

Also, I am pretty sure Dune did imagine a strong stranger drug, so its only his own limitation in not being able to imagine Spice.

What are the lines?

IT BEGINS.

>Drawing kekulmerde structure rather than circle
REEEEEE

>Who gave you the idea that reality is material?

Perceivable reality.

>Wanna bet it isn't?

There's no point as we'd never be able to know.

We're bound by our perceptive limitations.

Well? What are they?

Has never tried DMT

Has never tried DMT

Has never tried DMT

Has never tried DMT

Has never tried DMT

Has never tried DMT

Such scientists. Talking out of the ass.

>in b4 hurr durr I tried DMT and you're wrong
Take an actual active dose

>Perceivable reality.
Does "perceivable reality" include such things as fear? Irony? Love? Creativity? Imagination? Pain? Intelligence? Sorrow?

If not, you're missing quite a large chunk of "reality".

>in b4 it's all minerals, Marie

You are saying you can only achieve that unexplainable euphoria with the material known as DMT?

>euphoria
If you think a DMT trip is euphoric, then you truly have no idea about it.

I'd say the word "terrifying" is closer to the truth.

Look at it like a roller coaster, a seasoned thrill seeker would call it euphoric while a naive inexperienced pansy probably would call it terrifying.

>emotions don't derive from chemical reactions
What do they originate from, weed aliens ?

if you dont think a DMT trip entails any euphoria then i doubt your experience of psychedelics extends beyond hearing about them in a joe rogan podcast

And a wise person would stay quiet and avoid labelling it.

>hurr durr everything is a chemical reaction
Why does anything exist at all? In your view of the universe, it's ridiculous for anything to exist. Why does "reality" has to exist? Why do you feel pain when you eat something bad? What's the purpose of this pain, if you're essentially a rock?

You're a bloody moron. That's the problem. You have a very weak intellect that's powerless to imagine something outside the realm of your simple reductionist dogma.

Or maybe your experience with it entails taking a minute dose. You have no idea how far the rabbithole goes. Maybe it's better this way.

>Maybe it's better this way.
People like you are among the most obnoxious that I can ever encounter.

You're relateable and close to correct, but still distinctly stupid.

Same with this dork:

>hurr durr everything is a chemical reaction
This shitpost is enough to display your understanding and respect for science.
back to dumbfuck

By those standards a wise man wouldn't even be discussing things in threads on forums and would avoid science completely in favor of hermetic hedonism.

>your face when i'm a computer scientist and a physicist

Go back to /x/ yourself, you anti-science troglodyte. You have no scientific courage, all you do is repeat the same thoughts people in 1790 had. As soon as someone postulates something that's GOD FORBID outside of your limited range of imagination, you immediately try to put them down and proclaim your own intellectual superiority.

You're the sum of everything that's wrong with science. Dumbass.

>hurrr durrr chemical reactions
back to

Make your post even shorter next time. That'll show me!

pretentious psyconauts that think they understand the universe or the human conciousness are just fucking retarded lmao

pro tip

just cause you took acid or dmt once doesnt make you smart or enlightened

well elaborate your expieirence OP

as of now you have not contributed much scientific content

is that my mom ?

BOOBIES, user!

It can't be downloaded into English. English is simply too primitive. Math is too primitive. Any body of knowledge we currently possess - too primitive.

If anything I learned that humans are ridiculously self-important. We are all too stupid to understand the grand truth, whatever that might be.

Psychedelics don't give you the truth, they simply give you a glimpse of something you didn't know existed. Call it magic, call it whatever. But it's there.

>Call it magic
Yea, like magnets and shit, fucking how does it work?

I've had trippy, strange experiences my entire life. Without drugs and whether I chose it or not.

You're very likely only a strictly local machine.

Get over it and move on.

lmao so pretentious i am LAUGHING right now mate

Yeah well I've had many weird experiences as well. But when I tried psychedelics I can tell you I wasn't prepared.

If I'm a local automaton, then what's the point of anything. I might as well commit suicide. If you feel that's all there is to life then I don't see any reason to go on.

13 year olds

What if WE are the void? Matter and its radiation are the void?

>I might as well commit suicide

go on then pmsl

>If I'm a local automaton, then what's the point of anything.
If you're not a local automaton, what's the point of anything? I don't see any reason to go on.

>thoughts aren't controlled by chemistry
>learn that by taking a serotonergic drug
You can't make this shit up.

Isolate and formalize thoughts. Until you do, shut the fuck up.

oh my god you are so embarrasing

You know you've won an argument when a person starts taking shots at your personality and not the argument you presented.

And you have the audacity to call yourself a scientist. Pathetic.

>If I'm a local automaton, then what's the point of anything. I might as well commit suicide.
Oh well, if you are just a spiritual being trapped in a material body, you might as well commit suicide so you can evolve to the next level of consciousness, too.

You haven't presented an argument.

>Isolate and formalize thoughts.
What do you mean by that?
>Until you do, shut the fuck up.
No u. Seriously, don't you see any contradiction in rejecting reductionism while acknowledging that it's possible to have instant insight by adding an external neurotransmitter to your brain?
Nigger, you aren't talking to a single person.

You weren't attacked personally, you are just personally attached to the argument that thoughts aren't controlled by material brain chemistry that you discovered by using a material to alter your brain chemistry because you damaged your brain with neuroactive unregulated impure chemicals.

>Nigger, you aren't talking to a single person.
Stop. He's enlightened, so he knows we're all actually one.

He's realized that the existence of an individual tree is irrelevant, all is only forest. Don;t argue with him, he knows better than us. I know, because he says he did DMT once.

ITT : Unemployable junkies try to be experts on a science board.

Why is his hair that color.

So money means more to you than scientific inquiry?

How noble.

>DUDE WEED LMAO LYFE ISN'T REEL ITS ALL SPIRIT MAGIC

Life is all spirit magic. It's all about how you define the semantics of the words you use.

Which is a strictly mechanical process, and finite.

>>your face when i'm a computer scientist and a physicist
top kek, please be real

How appropriate it would be that such an embarrassingly arrogant and scientifically clueless faggot chose those fields and thought he caught a glimplse of the "grand truths" of the universe.

A mechanical process is beautiful, too.

Yep.

Is there a grander field than physics?

Funny, your projectons. Real funny.

>Is there a grander field than physics?
Biochemistry, as it lets you study spirit molecules that unlock the secrets of the universe. Checkmate atheists.

You sound young and angry. Go back to your studies instead of wasting your life on an imageboard.

Veeky Forums have overcome the troll. I'm happy