Hey!

Hey!

This is seriously something that is bugging me big time. Like most of you here, we have been studying math, a lot, but I've never, ever thought about this when it comes to this

>using an equation to solve actually useful real life problems.

You are thinking of physics, not math.

physics
statistics

Are you saying I've been studying math for no god damn reason all these years?

Time that I could had used to play video games instead... such is life.

>real life
What did he mean by this?

see

Yea I'm still wondering what kind of real life problems I can solve with the math I've learned. I've no fucking idea how to create equation using calculus I've learned >_> do you?

I mean, what have you done with the math you've learned? All I've done is used a couple times my calculator to find some percentages of prices, or simple + or - problems.

google "applied math"

Lazy bait, kill yourself

What the hell kinds of "real life" problems does all of your anime knowledge solve?

Nothing, I guess, it's just entertaining.
But I've always enjoyed more anime than studying math, and since I don't really.. need advanced math of any kind, it's better to watch anime I think, for me at least. You are free to do whatever you want, obviously!

Honestly, I just like to work, no idea why it had to take years of studying to get this point, not like I needed this information to do my job.

is this midway through the proof for the quadratic formula

please kill yourself

This is serious, you are useless.

lol, I know what math can be used for, like, I didn't even need it to build my own computer.
Just saying! The time I've spent on studying math on school, I could had learned so much more, like playing guitar, creating stuff in general.

It is, kinda but I've never thought what those numbers represent, are they measures, could they be centimeters? Speed, weight?

>I've no fucking idea how to create equation using calculus I've learned >_> do you?
That's because in calculus you don't learn how to "make equations". Instead you're spending time familiarizing yourself with mathematical concepts like derivatives, sequences/series, double/triple integration, and learning all those trig and exponential functions that will become so useful later on. You seriously can't expect that after only a year and a half of study you'll be ready to apply your knowledge to advanced physical systems. Take differential equations and complex analysis at least before claiming that math can't solve real world problems.

>This is serious, you are useless.
Buddy, you either spend your free time shitposting on an anonymous image board, or you are incapable of working even with something as simple as quadratic equations. Take your pick.

YES! Thank you for repeating the already known!

The issue I have here is, why does the school make me spend time to figure all that shit out, when I could spend that time to actually learn how to do my work properly, enhance my communicating skills so I'll be a good colleague to others, and so on?
You know, shit that actually fucking matters in real life, I can study math as a hobby on my free time if I want.

lol, I am already done with algebra, long time ago.

Talking with other anonymous is fun though, more fun than I've ever had studying math.
Even discussing with you is more useful than studying algebra, at least in my life and job.

You must have learned pythagoras and facts about the sum of the angles within a triangle already.

Can you not comprehend that you are no only learning useful mathematics, but increasing your comprehension of maths as a tool/language as well?

>how do you come up with an equation like that

by trying to solve x from the quadratic equation

[math] \displaystyle
\\ ax^2 + bx +c = 0 \; \; \; \; \; \; | \; \cdot 4a \\
4a^2x^2 + 4abx + 4ac = 0 \\
4a^2x^2 + 4abx = -4ac \; \; \; \; \; \; | \; +b^2 \\
4a^2x^2 + 4abx +b^2 = b^2 -4ac \\
(2ax + b)^2 = b^2 -4ac \\
2ax + b = \pm \sqrt{b^2 - 4ac} \\
2ax = -b \pm \sqrt{b^2 - 4ac} \\
x = \frac{-b \pm \sqrt{b^2 - 4ac}}{2a}
[/math]

>why does the school make me spend time to figure all that shit out
Are you asking why you have to take Calc 1-3 and why you can't just skip to Differential equations? I feel like the answer to that question is obvious. You need to go through the basics before learning the more advanced stuff. The school wants to make sure you know the fundamentals that way once you're in the more advanced math classes it won't be shit up by retarded kids asking questions that were answered in previous classes.
>when I could spend that time to actually learn how to do my work properly, enhance my communicating skills so I'll be a good colleague to others, and so on?
All this shit is your responsibility outside of school. Why is it the schools responsibility to teach you how to do your job and have a social life?
> I can study math as a hobby on my free time if I want.
Yes you could, but then you'd be that retard in class asking questions that you would have learned in calc 1 if you took it seriously.