Literary Tattoos

Literary Tattoos

Do you have any? How do you feel about them? Would you ever get one/some and of what?

Clearly this functions to inform any potential partners of the tattooed's inclination towards madness rather than wisdom.

Is that an arm or a torso?

tattoos are for degenerates

Could be a calf.

The only stomachable tattoos are tattoos that are admittedly decorative only. All this symbolism/meaning mumba jumba is cancer. OH IT'S A DOVE BEHIND MY EAR BECAUSE I BELIEVE IN PEACE :)))
UNKNOWN PLEASURE IS MY FAVORITE ALBUM SO I JUST NEEDED IT IMPRINTED ALL OVER MY SKIN

>in college
>cavorting with a female
>"I noticed you have Slaughterhouse-Five on your bookshelf. I'm getting the butthole asterisk from Vonnegut tattooed on the small of my back!"
>"I don't really like Shakespeare except for Othello"
>try to show her Kafka short stories, bite-sized morsels of genius that don't require a major commitment to read.
>no success

So now I hate everyone with shitty lit tattoos.

Looks like a full-grown cow to me.

>meet girl
>kind of a ditz, but she's fun and we click really well with similar interests
>she lives with her brother, who is always around, but he's out for a week
>finally visit her apartment
>two huge bookshelves in the living room
>Kafka, Vonnegut, Poe, Tolkien, Dickens, Rowling, Hawthorne, Palahniuk, JOHN GREEN, etc.
"So...are these all your brothers?"
>"No. They're mine. He only likes to read math and science theory books."
"Oh."
>finally get her to bed
>her legs are covered in little book quotes and drawings by authors

Can't decide if I love or hate her.

I like mine.

My only tattoo is a drawing by Kurt Vonnegut. It is from the cover of Galapagos which isn't a book that I liked all that much but thought it was a good KV tattoo that wasn't the typical eye-rolling material.

>Do you have any?
no
>How do you feel about them?
they are for fashion readers, anyone who tries to defend their "literature tattoos" as anything other than a lamentable past mistake is also a fashion reader
>Would you ever get one/some and of what?
no

your tastes probably aren't much to be in awe of either.

I have one. Everyone always thinks it's Reepicheep.

>Can't decide if I love or hate her.

You feel a greater ambivalence about her that holds neither the passions of love or hate. You are merely tired of being so lonely.

Yeah, snakes a snake so it's normie passing and someone's already asked if it's the gadsden snake.

She absolutely has a great passion for the hobby.
Recommend some of your favorite books to her and ask how she feels about them to get your true answer

>she's fun and we click really well

real life protip: this is the most important thing, everything else is background noise

They probably think it's Reepicheep because they know that the sword of Martin the Warrior had a red stone pommel and not a metal pommel with blue inlay and any real Redwall fan wouldn't allow such a critical oversight so it must be a casual Narnia reader's tattoo

kafka is as good as female taste gets desu

I'm not a fan of tattoos generally, but I do like the quote Harry Crews got on his arm- "How do you like your blueeyed boy, Mr. Death?" (from the EE Cummings poem "Buffalo Bill's") I guess I don't find it overly try-hard due to the way Harry Crews lived, but it wouldn't work on everyone's arm.

I'm going to get the following word in the following fashion on my left deltoid:

MOD
ERA
TED

I was thinking of getting a tattoo but then i remembered my IQ is above 90.

I got "SLOUCHING TOWARDS BETHLEHAM" tattooed across the nape of my neck. It's badass

Nigga, you close minded af.

I hope your actual tatoo is spelled right.

Where did I ever say it was Martin the Warrior? It's really more representative of Redwall.

>pic related

Where did I ever say it was Martin the Warrior?
I said it was his sword.

I would unironically tattoo this

I've wanted to get this tattooed for a while.

It's BEETLEHAM you twit.