Are we any closer to knowing what will happen when we die? What do you suppose happens after our bodies stop working?

Are we any closer to knowing what will happen when we die? What do you suppose happens after our bodies stop working?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9oX2xFo7JA4?t=4m
brahmanedu.org/english/materials/images/11_2_7.jpg
brahmanedu.org/english/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You die.

> Are we any closer to knowing what will happen when we die?
Yeah we learn stuff all the time
> What do you suppose happens after our bodies stop working?
It starts decaying

Closer to would imply we haven't known exactly what happens for hundreds of years already. You cease to exist. You don't experience anything, you do not pass GO, and you do not collect $200.

>physical structure changes rapidly
>mental structure changes rapidly
>consciousness that you call 'me' disappears

You change form, as you have throughout your life, but you're not aware of it now

Brain activity slows to a stop and your body decompose. The end sorry

The lack of oxygen in your brain sends you into a seemingly endless hallucination.

So were dying every in every frame of time?

I'm skeptical of this assumption

We go to heaven

I'm skeptical of this assumption

>all these teenagers acting all edgy like they're in on some big secret that we don't all already know

So many hardcore bad asses in this thread.

You are all unique INTJ snowflakes!

samefag

Veeky Forums threads are always so unproductuve.

t. i'm scared of dying

>projecting

got you covered senpai
youtu.be/9oX2xFo7JA4?t=4m

prove me wrong fag

Prove what?

If you aren't satisfied with the sci/ answer go on x/ because that's what it seams like you want

>what happens when you die

What if the universe is really a simulation?
Would it be the same as when a file gets deleted? It's title/index gets removed but the data stays on the harddrive.
If this "data" was intelligent, sentient, and able to learn it might find a way to interact with other data on the unindexed portion of the harddrive. If this "data" was benevolent then it might guide and teach other fragments of "data" how to do the same.

We know what happens after clinical death. You have an out of body experience and some report seeing the room they're in as an observer from above. What happens after this is what we don't know. Biological death is the cessation of all biological functions and you become to decay. This is where science and religion don't have an answer but guesses. Religion says we go to an afterlife. Science says I don't know. For all we know the fucking Hindus are correct and we become reincarnating.

Search Jurgen Zewie

He asked his friend to write something on a sticky note and stick it on his wall (without showing Jurgen, of course). Jurgen then began meditating and astral travelled out of his body. Jurgen went to his friends wall and instead of 1 sticky note, he saw countless, picked one up and it said "vapor lock no start". Jurgen told his friend what he saw and his friend said it wasn't what he wrote, he had written the word "love" on a sticky note. What Jurgen told him however, was a sentence he wrote in his notebook. At that moment Jurgen realized how human consciousness works, interesting huh?!?!?

INERESTING HUH!!!
D'HUH!?!?!?!? IS IT INTERESTING!?!!?!

I think because of those near death experiences being different across cultures, that you will only see what you expect... but there is something similar to them all, westerners tend to see Jesus (not Sonic the Hedgehog) so religion must be legit in some way.

well your Neil DumbAss Dykeson doesn't have all the answers...

other scientists give answers different to mainstream popscience

Nobody has an answer. Not even Science. Science doesnt even know exactly what consciousness is. All these questions will continue to be argued over as long as humanity exists with everyone thinking their own beliefs are right.

We experience a moment forever, if we love love we feel love if we love sex we feel sex

If anyone is interested, look up Carl Jung's near death experience. It is interesting to hear what an educated professional recounts it as, especially with his reputation at risk.

We go to hades

What's he say?
I had an NDE.
It was like a more realistic dream.
I don't believe dreams happen either

That was really trippy. Maybe that's what happens when we're dying, but that still leaves the mystery of death.

see

Who cares? You wont know about it

My mom had a similar experience

She didn't float out of Earth though, she just floated in her room

its like when you sleep
and like when you weren't born yet

If we came into existence once , we can again

> existence implies non-uniqueness
No

do you accept that if something has a very low probability of happening, then it must happen given infinite time?

Carl Jung is a hack

He was never in Vietnam

I can only extrapolate from my own experience with my seizure where I lost oxygen and suffocated, but basically I passed out and everything was black. There was no sense of time either.

No.

I'm not afraid of dying.

I'm afraid to die as a virgin.

Then you are dumb

>Science doesnt even know exactly what consciousness is

Assume consciousness is due to quantum effects in the brain, then speculate.

If Reincarnation actually turns out to be real, then it's probably going to suck. In one life, you could be an attractive Billionaire and then in another life, you could be some poor bastard that gets executed by ISIS in an Acid tank.

>what will happen when we die?
If you are even capable of asking this question, then you LITERALLY already believe in a soul. You must already presume the existence of a soul-like object because the question is asking "what happens to the soul-like object?"

>What do you suppose happens after our bodies stop working

Jesus asks you to repent 3 times then judges you.

Not a virgin, but I'm in the same boat.

I'm not afraid of dying, I know I will eventually. I'm terrified of dying before I've done certain things.

The irony being when I'm dead it's irrelevant what I did while I was alive from my own point of view, but I'm still scared of dying before I've done thing's I've always believed I would experience but I've been putting off, or haven't managed to do yet because I'm too busy. It's like I won't be at peace unless I've done certain things I consider important. Such as;

>Visit the Eiffel Tower, Athens, Rome, and the Tower of Pisa
>Go to Venice
>See the pyramids
>Cum inside a women without a condom
>Finally play FPS games on a 144 Hz monitor
>Learn to play the last page of Moonlight Sonata on piano after 15 years of not playing seriously so I can play the whole movement
>See Mt Everest and K2 in person

The little things really....

I was in the shower last night and it suddenly hit me like a ton of bricks that I could die tomorrow in a car crash, or in 10 minutes falling down my stairs and there was so many things I would never experience before I go .I'd considered that before, but for some reason it didn't really seem realistically possible until that moment. Here I was, thinking months and years into the future making all sorts of plans when I could realistically fall down the stairs and die in the next 10 minutes because I wasn't paying attention, or tripped on the shoes I left at the top of the stairs

>tfw I could die right now and this is all I would ever achieve in life because I'd been too lazy to push myself in the time I had

Haven't been able to sleep very well since.

No matter what, we can always try to make the best of it.

While we wait to die and experience death, we can still enjoy ourselves.

You don't remember ever single high school class you attended or every time you spent in a waiting room, but you either decided to make the best of it, or suffer. If you chose to make the best of it, why not now?

Death will not be our greatest memory. Don't think you're special for dying someday. Everyone dies.

People experience disruptions in their consciousness every day. A blow to the head can paint years of your live in darkness. And yet you somehow assume that death is different, that the consciousness that proved so susceptible to changes in the brain suddenly becomes impervious to the greatest change of all?

If you lose all memory, should you be treated as the same person legally?

Whats with all the "it's a mystery", what reason do we have to conclude anything other than your sentience disappears with the deactivation of your brain as that is what the evidence suggests. Sure maybe that's wrong and there is something else but there is no reason to even consider it unless there is evidence to support it which there isn't.

For the smooth function of society, yes.

We know.

...We've always known.

It's just we like to make up stories, as we find the idea of non-existence too incomprehensible and frightening. (Despite non-existence being the norm for each of us for the vast majority of history.)

...that, and we do a lot of drugs.

Myself, I find a lot of the stories a lot more frightening than the simple and obvious truth.

I always thought that if anything, dreams must be the closest we can get to seeing the afterlife and NDE's are much more vivid, more like prophecies.

le quantum fluctuations.
Why assume this instead of every other conceivability? You absolute dunce.

Not him, but does he mean that we wont understand consciousness until we understand quantum effects at that scale.

Also how can I understand what dunce means if I don't know the meaning of dunce? does more than one type of information which is able to be transferred exist in the one original message?

>perspectives

A man born with a physical body has three bodies such as his soul's body, his physical body, and his star as his body. brahmanedu.org/english/materials/images/11_2_7.jpg

When he dies, his soul and soul's body can return to his star if he attains the human perfection. If not, he may go to hell, etc, may be born again for an opportunity of the evolution of his soul and soul's body. A man who attains the human perfection can choose his way for the next life. There are several ways for him, such as staying in the core of his star, staying in a cheon-gung(천궁, 天宮, a paradise) ruled by a buddha who attains the perfect enlightenment in accord with buddhahood and dharma(known as buddhadharma) while he hears the buddha's teachings, being born with a human body in a human world again for his faster evolution, and so on.

More details are on the website brahmanedu.org/english/

Seriously wtf is this shit, it's Veeky Forums, go back to your containment board >>x

It's spirit science bro. Spirit science.

Here's the thing OP. Most people haven't really realized this or doesn't want to admit but how things look right now there is no "You" to die. There is no free will and your personality and whatever you make up about yourself or other people are mostly just fake creations of your brain. At some point your body will just age and rot into uselessness and stops functioning. As a result of that you no longer get to perceive or experience until maybe forever. Maybe the universe ends and then maybe after an unimaginably long time it will just start over again. Then maybe that universe ends too and maybe another will be born. Who knows maybe after 10000.00000.000000.00000000.000000 iterations or whatever maybe this exact same universe will happen and you'll just born again and suffer the same life over and over again.

Where do songs go when they end?

other material for this feel? music, games, art, etc.

If I get to live again thats pretty cool desu maybe in one of my infinite lives ill get to git gud

While this is obviously a captivating topic, I'm much more interested in finding why we sleep and how to remove the need for it through digestible supplements.

Just imagine a pill that would synthetize the effects of sleep while you stay awake for the rest of your life.

Lol it can't work. You gotta stop thinking for some time man.

I would love not to sleep tho