What does it feel like to be dumb?

What does it feel like to be dumb?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lj3bCXViNNM
youtube.com/watch?v=HN6VIY4Q5t8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Happy.

Have you ever been happy? Like that. Every day.

breddy good. I have a friend who is pretty dumb (struggles with community college, got Ds in high school and tried, etc) and I can tell he gets frustrated by it a lot but he has a sense of humor about it and knows he's not as smart as us. I think he just concentrates on what he knows and that works for him.

I have never met a dumb person. Not trying to be coy or whatever but the only people I know that appear stupid are people who like it that way. I think that anyone without brain damage or whatever can be pretty good at almost anything they want. When I think of people who would be dumb I think of people that like shitty music and movies and then they might get butthurt if someone points it out. At this point most people double down on the stupid and they remain so. Took me a while to stop making excuses for why I wasn't performing well in school (some excuses are legit, ADHD fucked me up real good for a long time) but once I stopped compromising I perform as well as your typical "bright person". TLDR: stupid people like being stupid and if they are honest with themselves they can be like smarter people.

I don't know if I fully agree with this. I know people who are just SO dumb. All they ever want to talk about is movie quotes and repeating things that other people say are funny. Like, "HE JUST SAIIIIDD "whatever joke"" over and over again. And there's nothing wrong with them. They're normal humans working an hourly job. I just never went to school. But you literally CAN NOT ask these people any real questions. I've argued with them on REAL life things and they don't believe me until they look it up. It's ridiculously insane.

prolly decent. what's worse is being average like me. too smart to go back to ignorant sensory living stacking clothes, too stupid to climb my way out of existential dread

The feels on this

here to check me and 's dubs and to point out that happiness doesn't relate directly to intelligence but more to self-awareness. people aware of their limitations are more likely to be sad than those who simply exist without contemplating

I hear you senpai. I know what you mean. I still think that the difference is that those people dont *care* about the things that most people consider "smart". Maybe it is semantics because these people are indistinguishable on the surface from what most people consider dumb.

It's like republicans: You can't convince them they are wrong about nearly everything because they have tied up their whole identity in this worldview they have chosen to believe in. I, as the smarmy elitist liberal, serve only to reinforce their backward and offensive worldview just by engaging them. (not saying I avoid arguing with these know-nothings, I just don't delude myself that they are going to be moved). The second that republican drops his odious philosophy re: economics or religion or whatever, and pursues intelligent things (whatever those are) he is acting just like a smart person. Someone who meets him a year or whenever the fuck down the road might walk away thinking, "that's a smart dude", ignorant of the fact that a year ago this person was essentially frolicking in their own excrement.

Dumbest most smug shit I've ever read.

I'm just saying these types of people are the ones that never really have a big issue going on being they're not even aware of how pathetic their lives are. I mean, I used to be one of them. I just realized through help of being around people who aren't hollow shells of a human to realize that I used to be so so so dumb. And I mean, I still kinda think I am sometimes. My inside voice is still really quiet sometimes, but when I don't hear it, I feel DUMB. Those people aren't even aware that there is a little spider web of thoughts and ideas in there. I don't know if they live too much in the present or if they're just better at ignoring everything. /ramble.

I can remember a bit of when I was an infant. The struggle was fucking real. Being unable to comprehend things yet striving so fucking hard to understand something and feeling trapped because of it. It was so god damn frustrating.

I imagine it'd be something like that.

Like being confused and embarrassed all the time.
t. dummy :^(

>republicans are stupid
Not every Republican is a retarded bible-thumping /pol/ack KKK member.

Everyone feels dumb sometimes. There's a difference between being dumb and feeling dumb.

And not every Leftist is a retarded mouthbreathing media-worshipping /SJW/tard BLM member.

I'm glad we agree.

are you talking about me?

Sounds to me like you're talking about internal dialogue. There is no reason to assume that internal dialogue, be it verbal or conceptual, is related to intelligence in any way.

>I can remember a bit of when I was an infant.

If you are being serious, you should consider seeing a doctor about this, because that's a clear sign of abnormal neuro- and synaptogenesis, which most often is detrimental and can be deadly in some cases. If caught early enough, many neurodevelopmental disorders can be treated with high efficiency.

Yes they are. Republicans don't even have a kernel of a useful idea buried in their ideology. Dems are shit too but they have good ideas in the party somewhere.

Hmm interesting. Sometimes I think some people are fucking drones, I wonder if there's really a little voice inside them, reasoning. Honestly I can't compare myself to anyone but my inside voice is absolutely constant, I think my self awareness is a serious factor in my depression and anxiety issues...sometimes its constant rumination. I wonder what it would be like to do be dumb, it would probably be easier. Like I said I can't go into in anybody's body to experience what they experience but I swear its like some people are barely fucking conscious.

Can some people be more conscious then others? I think so, you'd never be able to prove it though

Study long enough and you'll find out

Just use a very sticky duct tape on your mouth for a week. You'll get a sense of it.

It's a shame, they used to have some good centrists / economic conservatives

Politely kys.
Thanks.

I too was nineteen once.

You could change my mind. What am I missing on the republican side?

i have a 95-105 iq

I consider myself dumb. I had a good upbringing in a 1st world country and there has been nothing holding me back. I havent succeeded in 27 years and I began realizing I was dumb a couple years ago only.

Realizing I was dumb and then choosing to try my best anyway is the only smart thing I've ever done. Not realizing it way sooner means I am truly dumb.

What's it like ? It hurts. You make decisions that hurt you and stagnate and reverse your life, basically not having an effective brain to make yourself happy and perpetuate your genetics. The hilarious part is is that before you realize you are dumb you actually think you are smart.

there are benefits to being dumb. you take more risks and have more fun partying because you cant define and imagine consequences to your actions.

I've had a number of rich experiences and fun times that I attribute to being dumb because if I was smart I would have spent all that time doing something that was lower risk, more fulfilling and involved bettering myself.

I've tried every drug there is, fucked everything I could fuck and had around 60 jobs and I have nothing to show for it but wasted time. That's what it's like to be dumb.

A smart person would have gone to university, got a 3.14 submissive asian or middle eastern girl to wife up, started a business or something to be personally wealthy and then used that as a base to do anything they wanted including all the dumb shit I did if they wanted.

breeeh

BREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH

t. dumb, but lazy

youtube.com/watch?v=Lj3bCXViNNM

lmao

I recommend you remove this sexist image before I report you for harrassment.

YO check this out bro

youtube.com/watch?v=HN6VIY4Q5t8

How could anyone here possibly know? Aren't we all somewhere along the lines of, and I probably quote every teacher I've ever had: "you can if you want to, but you don't want to".

Later I realized I was dumb.

>What does it feel like to be dumb?

what is with all these brainlets saying dumb people are happy

it makes literally no sense

i mean if intelligence was even slightly linked with depression then where are all the depressed geniuses?

:[

A lot of them are. Desensitized or jaded at least a lot of times. "Name one genius that aint crazy."

In my experience dummies are just genreally a lot more "cheery". But that might just be who I surround myself with.

Not him but the thing im right leaning is the general idea of freedom. And i dont mean that in a "THEY GON TAKE MY GUNS"(they are) way. Liberal views are often about what we cant do, what we cant say, whos feelings we cant hurt. To enforce cants you need a 3rd party, to enforce cans you need nothing. Therefore liberal politics results in a larger 3rd larty/govt breathing down your neck. Obviously we need some form of government, im not an anarchist, but I feel it should be small and enforce a core set of laws, while everything else should be privatized. Because in reality a government is just a huge corporation that enforces its own rules.

I don't know OP, you tell me.

>has never heard the term "ignorance is bliss"

Literally Google "depression intelligence." You could try Google scholar also, I just goggled but I'm sure there are studies done on the subject.

Also could you maybe refrain from calling people brainlets until you yourself have looked into the subject.

>But you literally CAN NOT ask these people any real questions. I've argued with them on REAL life things and they don't believe me until they look it up. It's ridiculously insane.

That's a good thing user, you should be TELLING them to look it up for themselves. That's how intelligence works, questioning every point of view. You don't just accept dogma.You sound pretty dumb for waisting your time arguing with stupid people. I bet you're smug about it too.

>I just goggled but I'm sure there are studies done on the subject.
>goggled
>googled

>I just googled but I'm sure there are studies done on the subject.

Fix'd

>Liberal views are often about what we cant do, what we cant say, whos feelings we cant hurt. To enforce cants you need a 3rd party, to enforce cans you need nothing. Therefore liberal politics results in a larger 3rd larty/govt breathing down your neck.

This I agree with. I don't like the parenting done by governments. The law for example is too out of control. If it isn't affecting anyone else/ inciting violence, why can't people shoot guns/ take drugs/ criticize ideology?

>Obviously we need some form of government, im not an anarchist, but I feel it should be small and enforce a core set of laws, while everything else should be privatized.
Because in reality a government is just a huge corporation that enforces its own rules.

The problem with privatisation is you no longer, as a member of the public, have as much control as to what happens with assets once they are sold.

Take for example the energy/power supply. You can hold a country to ransom by switching off national grids, cut water supply if the gubmnt doesn't do their bidding.

Look at the financial industry almost 10 years ago, it nearly fucked the world over because of big business' lack of ethics.

Small government in a lot of respects sounds good, I just don't trust the private sector as much as the government.

ignorance is bliss doesn't even apply to somebody's entire life you tard

if you've looked into it then please explain why geniuses never get depressed

>if you've looked into it then please explain why geniuses never get depressed

>Literally Google "depression intelligence." You could try Google scholar also...

>..until you yourself have looked into the subject.

Did you even read any of my post?

Google is your friend, you don't need the opinions of anons on Veeky Forums.

Now fly butterfly, fly!